Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

The Democrats had a majority in the HoR and the Senate and the Presidency.  All the Republicans voted against it and some Democrats and it still passed.  They could have done whatever they wanted including public option.  They chose not to and passed what they wanted to pass.

I knew we were doomed when they brought in the heavy lobbying insurance companies help them figure out what to do.

Yes, all true.  The D's are also motivated by lobbyist dollars altho providing insurance for 40 mil more Americans would never have been an R priority.  Hell, the R's have been trying to rescind Obamacare ever since it was passed.  Who do you think the insurance companies have more in their pockets?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes, all true.  The D's are also motivated by lobbyist dollars altho providing insurance for 40 mil more Americans would never have been an R priority.  Hell, the R's have been trying to rescind Obamacare ever since it was passed.  Who do you think the insurance companies have more in their pockets?

I worked for one of the largest insurance companies on the planet when Obama won and Obamacare was passed- I assure you that the insurance industry loved Obamacare. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Who do you think the insurance companies have more in their pockets?V

I would suspect it's about even.  Maybe skewed more to who is in power at the moment.

The ACA had some good things , but it fell FAR short of what President Obama and a Democrat Congress promised which is the point.  

Edited by reddogblitz

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

You guys can’t even do a boycott correctly lmfao 

You think this beer is going to sell so well that 10 employees can't keep up? I am gonna buy from local breweries, which is what I have done for several years now simply because INBEV has destroyed several great beers over the years. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Why … Bernie and Warren…. Of course 

progressive!!

😮 

https://bluetent.us/articles/campaigns-elections/a-surprising-number-of-progressives-took-big-pharma-money-in/

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Interesting and not suspected.  But this piece is about pharma not insurance co's

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nice find.  I guess they thought Biden would win and know he's against Medicare for all.  I don't believe D's are lily white when it comes to donations.  I'm happy to see them called out.  Now let's all agree to strict campaign contribution limits and rescinding Citizens united.  I'm betting filthy clarence will be on the wrong side however.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

Nice find.  I guess they thought Biden would win and know he's against Medicare for all.  I don't believe D's are lily white when it comes to donations.  I'm happy to see them called out.  Now let's all agree to strict campaign contribution limits and rescinding Citizens united.  I'm betting filthy clarence will be on the wrong side however.

An interesting idea I like is the campaigns are federally funded and equal amongst candidates. I’d gladly pay tax money to prevent legalized corruption. 

Being good at fund raising has nothing to do with execution of high office. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

An interesting idea I like is the campaigns are federally funded and equal amongst candidates. I’d gladly pay tax money to prevent legalized corruption. 

Totally agree.  Hell, it shouldn't cost that much to run campaigns.  Debates are cheap and the networks will broadcast them for free.

btw, I discussed Medicare for all with Tim Kaine at a fundraiser a couple of years ago.  He was against it and still seems to be.  Most centrist Dems are.  I'm not sure why.  He didn't give me a satisfactory reason other than lots of jobs will be lost and the health care sector is very important to the economy.  Still like the guy but disagree on this point.  More troubling is the progressives hypocrisy here.  The ends justify the means doesn't fly with me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Totally agree.  Hell, it shouldn't cost that much to run campaigns.  Debates are cheap and the networks will broadcast them for free.

btw, I discussed Medicare for all with Tim Kaine at a fundraiser a couple of years ago.  He was against it and still seems to be.  Most centrist Dems are.  I'm not sure why.  He didn't give me a satisfactory reason other than lots of jobs will be lost and the health care sector is very important to the economy.  Still like the guy but disagree on this point.  More troubling is the progressives hypocrisy here.  The ends justify the means doesn't fly with me.

The best way to go about it in the States is to do a German model where a public plan backed by the government competes with private ones. Everyone automatically gets the public care, but you can opt out of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I’m a cynic and don’t trust people whose career aspirations is to control other people. My guess, is if they got it, they lose an issue that gets voters to come out…  same thing with most of these slam dunk your side my side topics.  All these politically minded ***** are really sick. it’s appalling how twisted they are even just seeing it first hand in a medium sized corporation. They play all these little games all the time. It’s all a show. 

The idea of compromising to appease the 70% of moderates is dead. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The best way to go about it in the States is to do a German model where a public plan backed by the government competes with private ones. Everyone automatically gets the public care, but you can opt out of it. 

if you opt out do you get your money? I lived there albeit 18 years ago and it was terrible. You had to convince the Apothke frau you really needed a Sudafed. It was ridiculous. 

Don’t get me started on the teeth… 

healthy food though. They go bankrupt if they had a populous on the American diet. 

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m a cynic and don’t trust people whose career aspirations is to control other people. My guess, is if they got it, they lose an issue that gets voters to come out…  same thing with most of these slam dunk your side my side topics.  All these politically minded ***** are really sick. it’s appalling how twisted they are even just seeing it first hand in a medium sized corporation. They play all these little games all the time. It’s all a show. 

The idea of compromising to appease the 70% of moderates is dead. 

Don’t think most want to control people as their highest priority. Self aggrandizing and profiteering are higher priorities to the truly corrupt. Some actually believe their warped or reasonable ideologies but my impression is that they are the minority. The ones who are neither and want the best for everyone are the ones I look for and support

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

if you opt out do you get your money? I lived there albeit 18 years ago and it was terrible. You had to convince the Apothke frau you really needed a Sudafed. It was ridiculous. 

healthy food though. They go bankrupt if they had a populous on the American diet. 

Fondue, sausages, roast pork and sauerkraut   Yum!  Some of my favorite foods

Edited by redtail hawk

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Don’t think most want to control people as their highest priority. Self aggrandizing and profiteering are higher priorities to the truly corrupt. Some actually believe their warped or reasonable ideologies but my impression is that they are the minority. The ones who are neither and want the best for everyone are the ones I look for and support

Fondue, sausages, roast pork and sauerkraut   Yum!  Some of my favorite foods

kase Spaetzle mit speck…. Doenner Kabobs! Zehr Gut! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Would kill for some lederknodlesuppe right now

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Do you ever shop at Aldi. Love their German stuff. If u haven’t tried the frozen strudel, you definitely should. I just wish they always had it

Wasn’t super convenient before but they just opened one in a good spot. They have some great value meat and produce.

if You keep being reasonable maybe I will send you some frozen strudel 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Leather noodle soup? I’m sure you mean leber  I never gave that one a go, I’m sure it’s probably super healthy 

Oops, yep. There was a german restaurant out near me that made banging liver dumpling soup. Too bad the owner retired, I miss that stuff. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wasn’t super convenient before but they just opened one in a good spot. They have some great value meat and produce.

if You keep being reasonable maybe I will send you some frozen strudel 

Aldi has 2.  Apple and best of the f\orest or something like that.  Both awesome.  And I love their prices.  Chocolate is pretty great too.

How convenient that the FBI/CIA & Federal Government got a “Guns, God and Fitness” leaker of confidential documents as they’re looking to pass the RESTRICT Act.  

I really want to believe this wasn’t staged and/or won’t be taken advantage of…

anddddd there it is…..

Edited by SCBills
  • Angry 1

8 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

We can all agree on that.  Too bad the people that make the rules about campaign finance are fat, dumb, and happy with the way it is. I remember the last time Congress tackled campaign finance reform we ended up with Citizens United and Super PACs.  I don't have much hope.

However I do have a good IMHO idea to cut out a lot of money. Candidates can only accept money from people in their district.  

A friend heard Tim Kaine speak at a small gathering recently.  He said he thought about not running this time for Senator and that he'd been offered a higher paying job in there private sector.  But he sees Youngkin having a narrow path to the presidency and if he loses in the primary he'll likely go after that senate seat.  Kaine is all in for the race in part because of that.