Bills have Iowa WR prospect Ihmir Smith-Marsette ranked high??

DJB

6 minutes ago, DJB said:
On one of the popular mock draft sites I saw him described as a late round gem like the Buffalo Bills Gabe Davis.  Cant be surprised the Bills wouldn't want another instant contributor at WR like Davis here. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

He goes in the 6th on the draft network’s mock draft machine. He’d be part smoke, part McKenzie, & part Roberts. I’d love him with our 5th round pick. Sounds like he might go higher

If they can replace their returner in the draft - and also get some of the gadget functionality in the same player that would be a win.  I think Sanders was brought in so that they aren't massively increasing davis snap counts.  The lack of a new TE so far to me indicates that they'll continue to use davis in a flex type of role around the backfield - but aren't entirely plugging him in as a #2.  They have super bowl aspirations, and while davis has proven to be a nice piece - a veteran super bowl winner is a nice addition for a playoff run.

• Agree 1

I've taken him in most of the most draft's I've done.  Speed, hands, kick returning.  Mckenzie replacement?  (hopefully we have McKenzie back, but we have a cap).  

I've also read he will be the "steal" of the draft, which means he will be picked higher than expected.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I've taken him in most of the most draft's I've done.  Speed, hands, kick returning.  Mckenzie replacement?  (hopefully we have McKenzie back, but we have a cap).  

I've also read he will be the "steal" of the draft, which means he will be picked higher than expected.  

Is he quick enough to replace Mckenzie?   He has great hands but I didn't see really special movement skills.   Aren't there other guys who are quicker and faster in the draft like Rondale Moore?

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

To me, he's got an Antonio Brown type of feel to his game. The way he runs his routes and the way he catches the football. Just hopefully not the head case AB is. 

He might drop a little bit due to off the field stuff, he did have a DUI last November

• Vomit 1

Almost included him in my "prospects not talked about enough" thread...

He's not "my type" so I didn't, but guy has great long speed and would fit nicely as a vertical element with Allen. I also think there's always opportunity for profit when you're getting a guy coming out of a system that's farther removed from a more of pro setting (also like Jalen Camp for that same reason)

Good route runner.  With the professional coaching the NFL provides, he could be a great route runner.  That makes all the difference.

Ye shall not take a WR high in the draft that can't or won't consistently run precise routes.  

Need to get 2 WR out of this draft class.......and maybe a priority UDFA to stash on the PS.......IMO.

I like Smith-Marsette a lot.    Really like how quickly he gets to full speed for a full sized WR.    

Lotta' potential and you know NFL teams love taking prospects from Iowa.