So if we trade our first and second for the 18th pick who would you take

Pretty sure McBeanes will stick to their 3 year old process of continually improvjng the roster, position group by position group and position by position.  Great example is punter.  Did they really need to dump Corey B?   No.  But they found a guy more consistent with inside the 20 kicks ..  marginally better.. so they swapped out for him.  This is what the process is.  They resist single shiny overpriced objects in favor of multiple incremental improvements.   

Love it.  Trust it. 

In this scenario, I take PSII.  High football intelligence, solid tackler.  Teachable.  I think he is a future starter at CB or S.    

At the bottom of my list is Rousseau.  One hit wonder, opted out, and every profile says he's an exceptional athlete but a very raw football player in the skills department.  These types of players rarely pan out.  

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’d expect 64. After two consecutive undefeated championships seasons the league just redistributed the bills first rounder to the pathetic Patriots.  

It’s only fair after they had a down year 

This kind of a hypothetical is hard to answer....this type of trade would only be made in real time at the time of the 18th pick.  And the reason is there would be a particular person who is still on board you are willing to move up for.   I know you did a mock but that is just guess for the 1op 17 picks.  You will probably get 10-12 of them off the board.  But by 18 there are always surprises.   And we don't know who the Bills value.....they actually need more than one guy, I think trade down is more likely.

The only one is Kyle Pitts, I wouldn’t do it personally, I think this is a great year to trade down into the beginning of round 2 personally. Our needs better match value there than 30 unless the plan is RB. I honestly think they want a hybrid LB/Safety early and there are some intriguing options

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/games/draft-pick-value.php

Trading 30+61 for an 18 puts us at  -1.32 about even trade That puts us a trade with Miami or Washington.

I ran a mock draft with a few different calculators and these were just some of the players that were available. 

Edge Kwity Payne 

Edge Greggory Rousseau

TE Kyle Pitts

CB Caleb Farley

T Christian Darrisaw

T Tevin Jenkings

CB Patrick Surtain II

CB Jayce Horn

LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

RB Najee Harris

Other?

Funny how much these sims vary 

This is something just for fun

Thoughts

Not sure the vaue is there at 18 for a TE. I can see the Bills picking one,but later. They have Williams and Dawkins and would not take a T at 18,that is a huge waste of a pick. They can use depth at CB and youth at DE but dont have immediate need for a STARTER. And move up for RB? If anything,I would be tempted to trade back.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/games/draft-pick-value.php

Trading 30+61 for an 18 puts us at  -1.32 about even trade That puts us a trade with Miami or Washington.

I ran a mock draft with a few different calculators and these were just some of the players that were available. 

Edge Kwity Payne 

Edge Greggory Rousseau

TE Kyle Pitts

CB Caleb Farley

T Christian Darrisaw

T Tevin Jenkings

CB Patrick Surtain II

CB Jayce Horn

LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

RB Najee Harris

Other?

Funny how much these sims vary 

This is something just for fun

Thoughts

Yes for Pitts. Will trade into the top 25 for Rousseau, Phillips or Paye and not trade up for any of the others ( even Farley)

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Kwity or Koramoah otherwise I pass on trading up. 

I agree with these 2 names

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

No way does Miami trade down from 18 for picks this year.  They are looking to rebuild fast and will want a couple impact players at 3 & 18.  It’s just so difficult to get from the late to the middle of the first round in any year because of how the tiers of prospects usually fall.  I get that this is a slow time and it is just for fun - so have at it - but realistically it would be very expensive to make a move like this.

any team around Miami. Miami poor choice or not was just the base. get by who we trading with in the spirit of the op who would you choose?

2 hours ago, Georgie said:

Not sure the vaue is there at 18 for a TE. I can see the Bills picking one,but later. They have Williams and Dawkins and would not take a T at 18,that is a huge waste of a pick. They can use depth at CB and youth at DE but dont have immediate need for a STARTER. And move up for RB? If anything,I would be tempted to trade back.

RB or top 2 DE