Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

I love it.  Mitch won 29 games with the Bears.  He's got talent.  He's started 50 games.  He's our backup.  Josh ain't going anywhere.  

I wish the tight end talk would end.  We scored 500 points without featuring a tight end.  Knox has "traits."  He's gonna be just fine.  They may take a guy in the draft.  We're better than we were.  Can't wait till draft day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Not sure how he’s gonna swing this coming year into a long-term contract somewhere else. He likely won’t be playing at all. You would think he would’ve picked a place where he could actually compete for a starting job. This time next year, I’m unsure if his value is any higher than it is right now. At least they’ll be more money for a boneheaded GM to throw at him. 

Maybe in a real situation like Buffalo - he can learn how to become a better QB and that makes him better long term.

I am sure he could have gone out to a crap team like the Jets and competed to be a starter, but if he fails there or struggles - he is done.

Many players (and coaches for that matter) would be significantly better taking a year to get your head right and learn from someone that works and then going out and trying it again.  

He might not play at all or maybe just some preseason or mop up duty, but if he learns the hows and whys of route combos and what to expect in certain situations- maybe he becomes a better QB and a better person in the long run.

Many times a step back ends up helping out long term to refocus and reset your priorities.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Another thing I said last offseason/during the season.... if Josh went down they'd have been lucky to win a single game with Barkley.

It has been a concern of mine as well, as I believe we have been lucky and biding our time before Josh gets dinged. This is a huge relief.

• Like (+1) 1

Having watched a lot of Bears games, he looked better to me than most pundits made him out to be.

Just hope we are not paying him too much - around 7 million per season would be my guess.

EDIT - 2.5??

Beane is a thief!!

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I was talking about this in this thread of weather or not we need to have a solid backup or not. Guess that question just got answered.

It sure did get answered, I would never have thought they would go this high talent wise for a BU QB,  guess I’m eating crow... 😁👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

Great signing! A few thoughts:

Steal at that price

Barkley wont get signed by anyone, and this should say all that it is needed to be said.

Fromm to the PS? I doubt anyone is interested in his noodle arm.

The Patriots re-signed Cam.... really? lol

1 minute ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Having watched a lot of Bears games, he looked better to me than most pundits made him out to be.

Just hope we are not paying him too much - around 7 million per season would be my guess.

You are 4.5 million over on your bid.

• Haha (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'm not being a homer when I say this but I would be more comfortable with our backup, Trubisky, starting than I would be with the Cheaters actual starting QB playing.

In fact, with all those glitzy signing the Cheaters just had, I can't believe they didn't sign a guy like Trubisky and promise him a chance to compete for the starting spot.

I think it's pride for Belichick. He wants to prove he can win with average QB play.

• Agree 1

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-east/buffalo-bills/look-matt-barkley-reacts-to-the-bills-signing-mitch-trubisky

The Bills adding Trubisky means there’s no room for Barkley, which is why the 30-year-old reserve said goodbye to the franchise and its fans on Twitter this afternoon.

“Love you Buffalo, it’s been real,” Barkley tweeted.

Offense assistant position?  Brian Daboll is better in booth so Barkley can talk with Allen on sideline.

• Like (+1) 1