Hunter Henry to Pats

I really wish we would move on from Edmunds this off-season. It's time IMO. And he should have decent trade value being young and still having "potential". He is a pro bowl lb after all, lol. 

He is a disaster at MLB and is going to get abused by the pats. 

I feel like McBeane is going to be really stubborn with him though, and he's going to end up being our starting MLB for way too long. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Isn’t that why you have such “good” cover LBs in Milano and Edmunds?(Although the data suggests the complete opposite of Edmunds)

What data suggests this? 

Also, I thought you didn’t trust data... weird statement to make considering that. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Embrace it.  This pretty much guarantees the Bills won’t be complacent and this looks a lot like the Pats flailing for relevancy.  

Yeah, I'm trying.  I keep rationalizing that every year there is a team like this (including the Bills in a few of the drought years), and it's almost never a team that ends up being a contender in the regular season.

Still, it's been a crazy couple of days for that team. If I was a Pats fan, I'd be pretty stoked.  

I think that Henry and Smith are nice signings for the Pats** but it all depends on who's throwing them the ball.  These two TE's aren't vintage Gronk and Hernandez either.  These aren't your Tom Brady New England Patriot weapons on offense. I think it makes their offense better but it only moves them from dumpster fire to respectable with their QB situation. Obviously that can change, so we shall see.

EDIT: Also this highlights how bad the Pats drafting has been recently. They just used 2 3rd round picks on TEs. They used a 1st round pick on Harry.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

As I've said, Jimmy G looks like the prime target for me. 

I think San Fran would happily upgrade if they could.  The SF team that went to super bowl was stacked.  With above average QB play, they beat the Chiefs.  New England with Jimmy G is nowhere near as good as that San Fran team was.  

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I think that Henry and Smith are nice signings for the Pats** but it all depends on who's throwing them the ball.  These two TE's aren't vintage Gronk and Hernandez either.  These aren't your Tom Brady New England Patriot weapons on offense. I think it makes their offense better but it only moves them from dumpster fire to respectable with their QB situation. Obviously that can change, so we shall see.

Well, are they just flipping the model? Do they plan to trade their entire draft? It’s possible.

1 hour ago, Estro said:

The Pats moves to me are a clear indicator that they have their eyes on trading up for a QB in the 1st round.

I dont think they're signing all of these weapons just to watch Cam Newton throw them ground-balls all season. Will it be a trade up into the 5-7 range for Fields or Trey Lance or will it be a trade up into the 9-13 range for Mac Jones?  Not sure, but my gut tells me they'd prefer an athletic type so my money is on Fields or Lance.

Lance and Fields won't make it out of the top 5. Pats aren't in position to draft one of the top QBs this year. If they want to draft Mac Jones, sure. He doesn't scare me though.

7 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Well, are they just flipping the model? Do they plan to trade their entire draft? It’s possible.

How much time does BB have left? Could he trade this draft and a bunch of 1sts to get a proven QB like Wilson or Watson? I think he would.

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Well they definitely are stock piling in the position no Bills player or scheme can cover.

Yeah, this isn’t good at all. We can’t roll with this defense. We need to be bigger and better. Our scheme is somewhat soft to begin with. They’re going to bludgeon us.