Hunter Henry to Pats

14 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The TE are a huge improvement over what we had.  As you said it all comes down to QB, even then I see Bills winning the division followed by NE. I am expecting a step back by Miami in year two of Tua. 

What's the news on NE trying to get Fournette?  The idea of that happening and then they somehow get Garrapolo back does actually scare me.  

Honestly, I think their moves will pay off.  They are going after the weakness of defenses in the league.  Everyone has moved towards smaller/faster, so BB rolls out the power run game and creates match up problems when you go to a run stopping set up and they throw to the TEs.  Same sets for multiple plays.  Laugh now, but I think he’s going in the right direction.

Some of the Bills fans on this board must have PTSD.

No doubt that by adding these free agents (most notably Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith), and by getting back some opt outs (most notably Dont'a Hightower, Patrick Chung and Marcus Cannon) the Patriots should absolutely be a BETTER team in 2021.

But the difference between the Bills and Patriots last year was a whopping SIX GAMES.  We were 13-3.  They were 7-9. 

Our schedules were almost identical.  The only exception was that we played the Steelers and Titans, while they played the Ravens and Texans.  So technically, Buffalo also had a tougher group of opponents.

One of the big questions going into 2020 was whether Tom Brady or Bill Belichick was more responsible for New England's success.  I think this question got a pretty definitive answer when the Patriots finished 3rd in the AFC East and Tampa Bay hoisted the Lombardi Trophy.  

Belichick will always be considered a great coach, and one of the best ever.  But he still has a below-average QB with a below-average (even with these additions) offense.  They should compete for a Wild Card spot.  But I don't see them as a legitimate threat for the AFC East.  

Also... I notice that Belichick is often praised for his 2008 season, finishing 11-5 with Brady injured.  What people forget is that New England's roster went 16-0 the year before.  So the loss of Brady accounted for a five game swing between seasons.  And the AFC East was absolutely dreadful at that time.  

im confident we win the division, but these moves make the pats a much better team.

at their best, they always had two solid TEs.  watson and graham for the first 3 sbs, gronk and murder inc for a minute, and now they have these two guys.

i know it's hack at this point, but we really really gotta figure out our TE coverage.  hope our DL play improves so we can get back to 2019 form.

1 hour ago, P Riv said:

What's the news on NE trying to get Fournette?  The idea of that happening and then they somehow get Garrapolo back does actually scare me.  

Michel on the last year of his co tract and Fornette is just a brute runner mix him in with Harris and we have a great one two punch.. 

As for Jimmy G I see a better chance BB trading up in the draft and getting the QB he feels be the best fit for NE. (I say Mac Jones or Trey Lance)

35 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Michel on the last year of his co tract and Fornette is just a brute runner mix him in with Harris and we have a great one two punch.. 

As for Jimmy G I see a better chance BB trading up in the draft and getting the QB he feels be the best fit for NE. (I say Mac Jones or Trey Lance)

I'm just watching with concerned curiosity.  Its the same template that's been used since the 80's Giants, mid 90's Browns to 2019.  Last year was a flyer and most people get that, but it seems to go under the radar here.   

4 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Some of the Bills fans on this board must have PTSD.

No doubt that by adding these free agents (most notably Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith), and by getting back some opt outs (most notably Dont'a Hightower, Patrick Chung and Marcus Cannon) the Patriots should absolutely be a BETTER team in 2021.

But the difference between the Bills and Patriots last year was a whopping SIX GAMES.  We were 13-3.  They were 7-9. 

Our schedules were almost identical.  The only exception was that we played the Steelers and Titans, while they played the Ravens and Texans.  So technically, Buffalo also had a tougher group of opponents.

One of the big questions going into 2020 was whether Tom Brady or Bill Belichick was more responsible for New England's success.  I think this question got a pretty definitive answer when the Patriots finished 3rd in the AFC East and Tampa Bay hoisted the Lombardi Trophy.  

Belichick will always be considered a great coach, and one of the best ever.  But he still has a below-average QB with a below-average (even with these additions) offense.  They should compete for a Wild Card spot.  But I don't see them as a legitimate threat for the AFC East.  

Also... I notice that Belichick is often praised for his 2008 season, finishing 11-5 with Brady injured.  What people forget is that New England's roster went 16-0 the year before.  So the loss of Brady accounted for a five game swing between seasons.  And the AFC East was absolutely dreadful at that time.  

The Bills had the better team and should of won the division last year that is it no more no less. All that strengthen schedule blah blah doesn't matter. and I am still trying to find out how the Tom Brady and BB question got answered after one season?  One season doesn't erase 20 years. A lot of players factored into their success that Brady had no control over. Plus Brady went to a loaded offensive team..it's not far fetch to think he would succeed. 

• Like (+1) 1