Hunter Henry to Pats

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Passer rating vs Edmunds was ridiculously high. Dude reminds me of McKelvin in coverage. He’s there to make a play and never does because he is too slow to react to the ball or just doesn’t have a feel for when the ball is going to be coming at him. 

Yeah just to follow up on this after digging into passer rating for LB (min 30 targets) a little bit deeper over the last 3 years since Edmunds came into the league..

In 2019 over a full 16 games he was 11/58 in passer rating amongst all linebackers. Just behind Kuechly and Roquan Smith... ahead of Eric Kendricks, Fred Warner and Devin White. In 2018 he was 27/67 over 16 games sandwiched by Fred Warner and Darius Leonard. 

This year he was really bad overall.. 55/63 LB. He dealt with that shoulder injury for the first two months according to Beane. Passing rating over the first two months (7 games, 1 missed against Miami) was 115.5

Passer rating the final two months of the season was 84.84 and that includes the playoffs as well... oddly enough his career average passer rating prior to 2020 was... you guessed it 84.8

Pretty clear the first half of this season was an anomaly and heavily influenced his final passer rating number. The guy has played 46 regular season games 38 where his passer rating sits at 84.8 and 8 where it’s 115 and you use the 8 to say he’s not good in pass coverage.   

Over 3 seasons here’s how the numbers break down for LB passer rating.

Q1: 109.45

Median: 97.7

Q3: 88.25 

If you don’t want to account for the fact he was injured this year... his career numbers put him just above the 50th percentile... if you do account for the fact he was injured this year he is just below the 80th percentile... 

Would you like to do a fun exercise where you name some LB that you’d rather have over Tremaine Edmunds because of their pass defense abilities and I show you where their numbers since 2018 rank compared to Tremaine?

I can tell you Devin White (99.3) is actually worse. Fred Warner (82.5), Darius Leonard (88.9) and Bobby Wagner (92.4) are better overall but when you account for the fact that Tremaine was clearly impacted by his injury they’re all about the same... Roquan Smith is elite (77.1) for comparison to all of them. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Signing the top 2 TEs in free agency to play against a team with a weak ass pass rush is a strong plan whether folks want to admit ot or not. They can work the chains all day and wear us right down.

Yeah and Josh can hit Diggs on one post for 70 yards and tie the game 

2 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Signing the top 2 TEs in free agency to play against a team with a weak ass pass rush is a strong plan whether folks want to admit ot or not. They can work the chains all day and wear us right down.

This makes getting our running game going that much more important.  We can sustain long drives as well with a good running gsme but also we have a quick strike ability the pats won’t have with Cam.  Can’t do a few series where josh is off or starts slow and a quarter goes by without us touching the ball offensively.     If we can run it, tho he will come down to a possession or two in the 4 th quarter and I 

Ike Josh to come thru then. But we can’t just pass. Pats also picked up 4 new guys to their d to cover, and to rush.  We better be able to do The opposite of what Bb tries to take away , and make our O so he can’t take EVERY option away.  Also pats getting all the d guys that opted out last year. They are a significantly different and probably better team.

Right at this moment we are who we were, minus a vet reciever in Brown.   Our edge is QB,,,,, so emphasize that edge.  Give him more weapons. A better RB, / run game, better TE for the seams , and stabilize that damn o line to keep josh protected.   Josh is the one thing Bb and the pats can’t compare to , so play up our advantage and just do the best we can with the d.  Get josh a weapon at 30 , take a lesson from Reid who tooK CEH!

40 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

yes, outside of the three major overpays that always describe the first 24 hours of free agency....the rest are okay.

I don’t fee they are overpays. In a normal year they probably get more. Hell the Pats still have like 20 million left in cap space (or at least that’s what I read lol) 

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I love it.    Going to make hating them even more fun.

Say what you want but they’re offense just got 10 times better compared to last year 

Just now, Putin said:

Say what you want but they’re offense just got 10 times better compared to last year 

They have the same Quarterback.   They may have better offensive pieces, but they play the games for a reason.   Plenty of teams have spent money on big free agent names only to have them poop out.   The Patriots didnt sign prime of their career Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Tony Gonzalez, and Gronk.  They signed Kendrick Bourne, Nelson Agholor, Jonnu Smith, and Hunter Henry.

18 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t fee they are overpays. In a normal year they probably get more. Hell the Pats still have like 20 million left in cap space (or at least that’s what I read lol) 

Do you really feel Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry deserve to be the 3rd highest paid TEs in football? 

$12.5M is around what some of the top WR make... 

3 hours ago, fallen627 said:

Tbh, I think this is a smart move for them. It complements Cam’s abilities. They are going to run and use a short passing game with two-TE sets. We can laugh, and I don’t know if it will work, but this is a solid plan on their part. 

It looks like a blue print copy of the Ravens offense. I personally like the 2 TE formations and I wish we used more of them.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I should have probably said Siberia, but we get compared to it often enough 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills took so long to find a QB in great part because they weren't all in to win every year.   Short cuts, financial excuses to pad the pockets of Ralph and Littman, skimping on quality coaching and personnel staff.........the Krafts will not be playing any "cash to the cap" BS either.........amirite @Bill from NYC?:lol:

Yes and it took me quite some time to understand the bolded. Even at that, some of their moves (Donte Whitner at #8  and McKelvin for example) were just so stupid that they defied any sort of logic.

But, ya know what? I wouldn't trade a minute of those days. I got to hang out with you and so many other wonderful people at RWS and it was great! 

I don't suffer the way In used to, even when we traded away from Mahomes and Watson to draft a corner. I'm not 100% sold on McDermott, but I like Beane more than any GM that we had in a long time. 

I hope to get up for a game this season.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

They have the same Quarterback.   They may have better offensive pieces, but they play the games for a reason.   Plenty of teams have spent money on big free agent names only to have them poop out.   The Patriots didnt sign prime of their career Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Tony Gonzalez, and Gronk.  They signed Kendrick Bourne, Nelson Agholor, Jonnu Smith, and Hunter Henry.

I hope they SUCK and Cam Newton plays even worse then at the end of last year , but what if they make a move at the QB like Jimmy G or Carr ? 
they won 7 games last year and if not for couple of great plays by ( Bills , Seahawks) they would have won 9 , 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I hope they SUCK and Cam Newton plays even worse then at the end of last year , but what if they make a move at the QB like Jimmy G or Carr ? 
they won 7 games last year and if not for couple of great plays by ( Bills , Seahawks) they would have won 9 , 

And if my Aunt had a weiner she'd be my Uncle.   You get credit for the wins you had not the wins you should of had.  

6 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Do you really feel Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry deserve to be the 3rd highest paid TEs in football? 

$12.5M is around what some of the top WR make... 

that’s how it is.. but their cap hits are like 5 and 4 million this year. (Bleacher report) BB isn’t doing the long game he wants a quick rebuild and if he can get his QB (I think Jimmy G is option A) the Pats will be a playoff team next year and as everyone knows once you make the dance anything can happen. 

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

that’s how it is.. but their cap hits are like 5 and 4 million this year. (Bleacher report) BB isn’t doing the long game he wants a quick rebuild and if he can get his QB (I think Jimmy G is option A) the Pats will be a playoff team next year and as everyone knows once you make the dance anything can happen. 

Yeah he’s done a good job cap wise now that more information is coming out. 

That defense will be tough as always... I personally don’t think they signed any legitimate difference makers or really have any on offense but I may be wrong. 

It does really come down to the QB... so until then it doesn’t matter much. I am sure they’re doing something else there. 

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah he’s done a good job cap wise now that more information is coming out. 

That defense will be tough as always... I personally don’t think they signed any legitimate difference makers or really have any on offense but I may be wrong. 

It does really come down to the QB... so until then it doesn’t matter much. I am sure they’re doing something else there. 

The TE are a huge improvement over what we had.  As you said it all comes down to QB, even then I see Bills winning the division followed by NE. I am expecting a step back by Miami in year two of Tua. 

22 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The TE are a huge improvement over what we had.  As you said it all comes down to QB, even then I see Bills winning the division followed by NE. I am expecting a step back by Miami in year two of Tua. 

I would agree with you on all of that. 

It will be a competitive division though... fun for everyone involved on the fan level.