Miami trading Shaq Lawson to Texans

2 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

Feel bad for Shaq. Imagine moving to Miami then being traded after a year to an abysmal Texans team. 

Not worried about 'pro-bowl McKinney.' He didn't help an abysmal run and pass defence in Houston last year. Not every pro bowler is must have, hello Trai Turner.

Grier should be careful. He doesn't want a reputation of immediately dumping new signings as he has Van Noy and Lawson and maybe Tua? Loyalty and stability is a thing.

Good post - particularly regarding Grier. I get it, he's flexible and not afraid to move off of previous moves but sheesh.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I just saw this on FB and all I read first was "Houston and Miami have a deal:" I screamed "F********K!!!" at the top of my lungs making both the dog and cat run for their lives....... Then I realized it wasn't for Watson and was like, "Oh, well that's useless." :lol:

🐶🙀"Hello, crisis help line?  We're living with a crazy person!"

I don’t understand this. Seems like a bad trade for Houston, but what the heck do I know. I’ll be honest in that I don’t know much about McKinney, but Lawson is below average. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t see how, I mean most Texans fans didn’t even know that McKinney was still on their team and thought he was already cut. This seems to me that it was a swap of average players

How can that be though? He did make the pro bowl, which yes doesn’t mean much. However, any true fan of a team would recognize that as something “good”. They would be aware of him being cut....I would hope! 

38 minutes ago, Maynard said:

I don’t understand this. Seems like a bad trade for Houston, but what the heck do I know. I’ll be honest in that I don’t know much about McKinney, but Lawson is below average. 

How can that be though? He did make the pro bowl, which yes doesn’t mean much. However, any true fan of a team would recognize that as something “good”. They would be aware of him being cut....I would hope! 

He only played a grand total of 4 games last year and finished the season on the IR. Lawson ( while not great) didn’t do that bad of a job last year. It seems like Miami may have lost this trade. 

5 hours ago, DJB said:

Where's that guy that said that Beane messed up letting Shaq walk?

McD messed up playing Murphy over Lawson.  Beane spent more on Jefferson and Addison and got similar production.  

Lawson had 4 sacks last year which isn't great.  Murphy was a healthy scratch for a decent chunk of the season and had 2 sacks all year.  That is only 1 behind Addison and 0.5 behind Hughes. He would have been third highest of all Bills DL in sacks.   

All in all the Bills are probably better off in 2021 without Murphy or Lawson's contract.  Beane needs to find another young edge to go along with Epenesa.

Edited by Ethan in Portland
  • Like (+1) 1

McKinney is coming off a bad season. Might’ve been the Texans, might’ve been him.  Shaq is a solid DE.  He was overrated as a prospect and player by most fans when he was drafted and played here.   As soon as he left those same people started underrating him.   The winner of this trade will be determined by what version of McKinney Miami gets.  We know what Houston is getting.  No idea what Miami is. 

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Where he messed up is giving that money to Mario Addison.

He hasn't lived up to expectations and I'm guessing Beane thought he was going to get more sacks. 

But who else could he have signed? 

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

He hasn't lived up to expectations and I'm guessing Beane thought he was going to get more sacks. 

But who else could he have signed? 

He could have kept that money in his pocket. If he was gonna give that contract out I'd have rather him give it to Shaq (was the same years, same total, Shaq a couple of extra mill guaranteed) who at least wasn't 33. Their production was similar. But my preference would have been keep your powder dry. I don't think Trent Murphy (who I am NO fan of) or Quinton Jefferson as a full time edge would have produced any significant drop in production compared to Mario. 

• Like (+1) 2