Patrick Mahomes foot surgery

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, H2o said:

It's the "Patrick Price" my friend. The "Rodgers Rate" is for Aaron. I think you need to sort this out with Drake from State Farm. 

drake-state-farm.jpg

You are right...'price'...'rate'...I am suffering from sensory overload; however, I am still recommending that they use Dr. Nick Riviera.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, clearwater cadet said:

I don't know why our defense wasn't more aggressive in the AFC championship game.  Maybe they were and it didn't translate into anything.  I don't think we knocked the guy down once.  Didn't Al Davis say within the first 10 plays the Qb must go down and go down hard to set the tone of the game.

Talent is not there to do it,  people need to open their eyes,  other than White our defense is mostly a bunch of average players

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Mahomes has really taken a beating early in his career. Eventually those take their toll, no matter how gifted you are. 

Allen has stayed fairly healthy, as QBs go. Let's hope he can continue to protect himself, which he did a very good job of this season. 

Agree... Mahomes had the neck/head injury, the dislocated kneecap (last year?), now the toe surgery.  We'll see if it affects his longevity.

It was good to see Josh's development and patience to stay in the pocket, roll out or throw it away (and slide much more!)

Injuries can take a real toll, just ask Newton.

People forget just a few years ago he was league MVP of a 15-1 team and looked unstoppable. It fell apart FAST. 

This is why guys like Brady, who never really relied on freakish athleticism, last longer. As long as he can read a defense and throw he can play. He doesn't run, doesn't really move, and almost never takes a hit. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

His condition seemed to be much worse in the SB than it was in our game.

Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I thought it looked like he couldn't take off and run anything close to normal in the SB.

His OL was worse and the pass rush was better. Bad combo for him. The more that happened the more "I'm losing limp" got worse and worse. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

His condition seemed to be much worse in the SB than it was in our game.

Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I thought it looked like he couldn't take off and run anything close to normal in the SB.

Or the Bucs front 4 made it appear that way. Losing one of your best players on the Oline doesn't help. Bad toe, playing at 80%. All probably contributed IMO.  Chiefs D lost its edge. Distracted, can't say as I blame them.

Edited by Figster

I say this with peace and love, but this is not a good thing for Mahomes and Chefs' fans.  Ask any orthopedic surgeon about foot injuries and he'll give you a concerned look.  It might heal wonderfully, but feet get the least amount of blood flow and injuries can linger.  I know Mahomes has the best surgeon and he's young...but this is a lot different than even repairing a torn ACL.  If you're a professional athlete you really don't want to injure your feet.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I know there's no real evidence to support it, but I 100% believe in the superbowl hangover thing. Yes I know the bills went 4 straight times and other teams have been good the year after losing the superbowl, but I think kc might take a step back next season, especially with Mahomes having this surgery and how it could impact his off season 

5 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

I don't know why our defense wasn't more aggressive in the AFC championship game.  Maybe they were and it didn't translate into anything.  I don't think we knocked the guy down once.  Didn't Al Davis say within the first 10 plays the Qb must go down and go down hard to set the tone of the game.

Sad really.  Lost opportunity.  The guy was really hurt and our defense couldn't exploit it at all.  Looking back on it just a horrible job by the D and coaches there.