Chargers to Hire Brandon Staley as HC (not Daboll)

Reed83HOF

Just now, Max Fischer said:

Have you ever missed out on your dream job?

no

Just now, bills6969 said:

Kinda feel bad for Daboll...he gets screwed in this situation.  Chargers didn’t want to wait another 1-3 weeks to hire Daboll.   Kind of a stupid rule that a coordinator can’t get hired until after his season ends.  

It makes total sense. I wouldn't want my coordinator worrying about his staff next year while we are gameplanning for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

I find it amazing to see so many positive reactions after the 2nd half game thread last night. 

I absolutely see Daboll going to Philly. They can’t just deal Wentz without finding an

absolute sucker of a franchise (Bears?) to take on his horrendous contract. I think their plan B is to bring in a Reich-like offensive genius and noted QB whisperer to get him back on track. Daboll is the only one on the market fitting those exact requirements. Don’t celebrate too early. They will back up the brinks truck. 

tenor.gif

4 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Kinda feel bad for Daboll...he gets screwed in this situation.  Chargers didn’t want to wait another 1-3 weeks to hire Daboll.   Kind of a stupid rule that a coordinator can’t get hired until after his season ends.  

In your scenario if Daboll got hired as a HC this week would he still be our OC this Sunday? 

2 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I find it amazing to see so many positive reactions after the 2nd half game thread last night. 

I absolutely see Daboll going to Philly. They can’t just deal Wentz without finding an

absolute sucker of a franchise (Bears?) to take on his horrendous contract. I think their plan B is to bring in a Reich-like offensive genius and noted QB whisperer to get him back on track. Daboll is the only one on the market fitting those exact requirements. Don’t celebrate too early. They will back up the brinks truck. 

tenor.gif

I thought I was reading Josh McDaniels was leading candidate there

Don’t forget Eric Beanamy is still out there and if he doesn’t get a job the talking heads on ESPN and Fox Sports are going to Lose their minds 😂. Hopefully he gets one of them and Increases the chances Daboll stays in Buffalo. 

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I suggested teams could get impatient while the Bills made a long playoff run, feels like it's happening 

I've never understood why teams have that mindset. 2-3 weeks is too long to hire the man you want most?

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Kind of a stupid rule that they just don’t make all coaching hires wait until Super Bowl is over so that all coordinators have equal chance of a HC job.  Why are those with good teams being penalized?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Dabol will be fine. It is another year working with Josh who by all accounts he has become extremely close too. He gets a lot of toys to utilize on offense and as long as we keep doing our thing he will be hot demand. No doubt he will get what he desires. But in the mean time let’s go out and win a Super Bowl. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I've never understood why teams have that mindset. 2-3 weeks is too long to hire the man you want most?

Unless they are worried someone else will swoop in and take him away.   Then they have to start over and less to choose from. 

Better to go with option B now than wait for option A.