Chargers to Hire Brandon Staley as HC (not Daboll)

Reed83HOF

As much as I want him back - I have a hard time celebrating this.  I don’t want us to succeed because others aren’t.  I hope pegula gives him a raise to thank him and ease the pain a bit.  He has to be disappointed - and I don’t want our team or coaches in that mindset. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

As much as I want him back - I have a hard time celebrating this.  I don’t want us to succeed because others aren’t.  I hope pegula gives him a raise to thank him and ease the pain a bit.  He has to be disappointed - and I don’t want our team or coaches in that mindset. 

Hard to root against one of your own’s career advancement.  But I don’t think you can under-estimate how bad the play-calling was on Saturday night.  There was little to no adjustment to the wind conditions or how the game was playing out.  That performance should’ve given anybody cold feet about Daboll.  Let’s hope he finds his mojo on Sunday.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Hard to root against one of your own’s career advancement.  But I don’t think you can under-estimate how bad the play-calling was on Saturday night.  There was little to no adjustment to the wind conditions or how the game was playing out.  That performance should’ve given anybody cold feet about Daboll.  Let’s hope he finds his mojo on Sunday.  

Probably discussed elsewhere...but I wonder if him being in the box causes him to not fully appreciate the on field conditions. 

As much as this is a "what have you done for me lately" league, your past history just doesn't go away.  

That is why guys like Staley, LaFleur, Taylor, McVay, Campbell, Kingbury, Rhule, Stefanski, Meyer, Judge, Vrabel, and Smith all are getting hired versus guys with long resumes of ups and downs.  These guys have very little coordinator/NFL experience.  The more you put on tape, the more you show your flaws.

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m surprised Rex isn’t begging for the Texans job. His blowhard personality might fit right in, in Texas. If nobody wants it, he’d probably be perfect. I’m sure he’d take anything 

Does he still have a network TV gig?  I don’t recall seeing him, bit I don’t watch much of pregame shows 

9 hours ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I suggested teams could get impatient while the Bills made a long playoff run, feels like it's happening 

To be fair for everyone, they should go one step further and not allow interviewing/hiring of anyone until after the Super Bowl but that’ll never happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Did everyone overlook Al Michaels correcting the Daboll report on air? He made a point of it and said HE knew it wasn't imminent and LAC was doing other second interviews.

They were doing other interviews the whole time. Schefter just said he had “emerged as a favorite”. There was nothing substantial behind it. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could still see him end up in Houston if he’s promised that deshaun won’t be traded. He worked with Caserio and Easterby for years. 

Right now I can't see anyone in Houston or Philly. I feel sorry for Frazier if he goes there as well. That team is a train wreck. Daboll would be foolish to leave for something that wasn't a better situation than he finds himself in right now. Philly is also another debacle all its own. Chances are good our entire staff is intact for at least one more season. 

10 hours ago, jkeerie said:

If the Texans are smart and want to go with a defensive minded coach, they should go with Eberflus.  Weakens a divisional opponent at the same time.

Although I agree, in theory, the inherent flaw in your argument is that you utilized the terms "Texans" and "smart" in the same sentence. They shouldn't be used in the same galaxy, much less the same sentence. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Right now I can't see anyone in Houston or Philly. I feel sorry for Frazier if he goes there as well. That team is a train wreck. Daboll would be foolish to leave for something that wasn't a better situation than he finds himself in right now. Philly is also another debacle all its own. Chances are good our entire staff is intact for at least one more season. 

It would be tough to turn down any HC job if it’s offered imo. You never know what will happen between now and next year. He may be in a good place to be picky/patient, but if you wait for the perfect situation you nay be waiting awhile. There’s a reason these jobs are open. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

And would be down to two teams who can say that given it seems certain that San Fran is going to lose at least one of its co-OCs. At the start of this year the only three teams with three years of the same HC, OC, DC, were Bills, 9ers and Saints.