Passer Ratings from Wild Card Weekend: Josh Allen is #1

BigBuff423

I found this interesting more so because while most of the Buffalo fans have long been convinced of Josh Allen's potential, this demonstrates that on a weekend where the Bills faced the ONLY team in the playoffs that were ranked in the top 10 in both Defense AND Offense, and found a way to win, Josh Allen does a remarkable job over Brady, Rivers, Brees and Wilson.

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this board, but it felt like - given this is Josh's first playoff win (hopefully of many to come, including three more this year) - it deserved it's own recognition. I know the stats are in other threads and there are loads of conversations, but in my mind this was a succinct way to put his performance up against his cohorts and in context of facing a difficult opponent. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

• BigBuff423 changed the title to Passer Ratings from Wild Card Weekend: Josh Allen is #1
3 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I found this interesting more so because while most of the Buffalo fans have long been convinced of Josh Allen's potential, this demonstrates that on a weekend where the Bills faced the ONLY team in the playoffs that were ranked in the top 10 in both Defense AND Offense, and found a way to win, Josh Allen does a remarkable job over Brady, Rivers, Brees and Wilson.

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this board, but it felt like - given this is Josh's first playoff win (hopefully of many to come, including three more this year) - it deserved it's own recognition. I know the stats are in other threads and there are loads of conversations, but in my mind this was a succinct way to put his performance up against his cohorts and in context of facing a difficult opponent. 

Allen's degree of difficulty on his passes were off the charts higher than anyone else as well, making it even more impressive.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

How could Baker Mayfield be ranked second?

I consistently read at this board how terrible he is! 

Congratulations to Josh Allen on being #1.

how can josh allen be ranked first?

we consistently read from you on this board how terrible josh allen is!   

congratulations to baker mayfield on being #2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

501 yards for Big Ben and only an 85.5.  Those INTs were killers..

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

We need another magical performance against the Ravens as this will not be an easy matchup for the Bills.

Not magical, just SF-like...

No one would have predicted this heading into the 2020 season, that’s for sure. Another incredible stat in a season full of superlatives for Allen. As for Jackson, he’s the outlier in this bunch and surely illustrates why he’s such an X factor. He’s the only one in the bottom five that was a winner this weekend. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Obviously "passer" rating is not QB rating.  To have Jackson near the bottom totally ignores his massive running contribution in that game.

Correct. 

It also ignores Allen's 54 yds rushing and rush TD of course, which were not as massive, but key nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No one would have predicted this heading into the 2020 season, that’s for sure. Another incredible stat in a season full of superlatives for Allen. As for Jackson, he’s the outlier in this bunch and surely illustrates why he’s such an X factor. He’s the only one in the bottom five that was a winner this weekend. 

That is, as @RoyBatty is alive pointed out, because it fails to include Jackson's 136 rush yards and rush TDs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1