Eagles fire Doug Pederson

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Pissing off players in one game is not a sufficient reason to fire a coach.    And tbh  ,  Hurts was awful in the game so its not as if they benched someone who was performing at a high level.     It seems that the reason may be that they see the deterioriation /mishandling of the team's ostensible franchise quarterback was a compelling  reason to start afresh.

I got you. I think it’s dependent on who you ask but I certainly agree Daboll’s stock is probably higher overall right now after the disaster handling the QBs in Philly. 

At least one owner looking around for a HC will see the ring though and convince himself Pederson’s a good idea.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We can hire him as OC. He strikes me as a dweeb though. 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Actually this one gets interesting. Could mean Wentz stays. Also this could be our new offensive coordinator. 

I've gotten a close view over the last few years. Please no.

There was an immediate drop off with the departure of Reich, and we've seen what he's been doing over in Indy. I watched him going from "Big Balls Doug" for going for it on 4th and long to punting on the opponent's side of the field in his own half. He does not compromise. His SB season, they told him he needed to run it more, and he did and they had great success, but since then he just has not made adjustments from what won him a championship even though he no longer had those pieces to work with.

I would rather that we try to promote someone in house before trying Dougie P.

Please let him go to the Jets, and let them be mired in irrelevance for eternity. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TonyBeets said:

Crazy that he got fired.  This season was bad bit 3 straight playoff appearances and a SB??

I think he just pissed too many people off within the organization.  Seems like a pretty abrasive guy.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

There’s enough openings where he probably gets a HC job, but don’t under-estimate how bad of a look that Washington game was for him.  I’d want nothing to do with him if I was an owner.  

Heres the thing with that, its has been alluded to that wasnt his call and was made from above.  Now if thats true, we can criticize him for not having the balls to say no, heck even Rex did that with ownership....... 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

well, if he was forced to put in Sudfeld by the higher ups, then my opinion of him would change drastically.  

I think it is

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I think he just pissed too many people off within the organization.  Seems like a pretty abrasive guy.

That is exactly it. There has been disharmony in the camp basically ever since that Superbowl season. Seems like he and Lurie fell out and in that scenario only one winner.