Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I just feel like margin for error against the Bills is really small right now, kind of like the Chiefs or Packers. None of those teams have a dominant defense, bend but don't break. But, as the Colts found out, you can't make mistakes and you'd better get TDs and keep getting them. Because with Mahomes, Rodgers and Allen they'll always be in the game. It will take a near perfect game for the Ravens to beat the Bills. I'd also add that the Colts game (unlike the 90 Bills) helped with the humble and hungry mentality.

It's weird to win a game, especially a playoff game, where you were out-played. Basically Josh Allen won that game. 

Make no mistake though the Ravens are back to last season form. They are as good as the Bills, maybe better overall. This will be a battle. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Gave up 10 points through 3 quarters. Held a guy who runs all over teams the last half of the season to like 3.5 ypc on over 20 attempts. 

Indy got a bunch of yards after we went into a prevent D (soft cover 2 zone) when we went up 24-10, and they ripped off a few big runs because we gave it to them. We had a two possession lead until 6 minutes left - and a huge communication breakdown led to their get close TD by their TE. 

Im sorry but I dont think our defense had a bad game. Even for all of our 3rd down trouble. I would say we should have never went into that soft zone when we went up two scores, but that was a coaching call and not on our players. They played a really good team, really tough for 3 quarters. 

Some of ya'll are a trip. 

Michael Pittman was open on the 4th Down throw into the endzone.  Phillip Rivers just threw the ball a little bit too far.  That's not a credit to our defense.  That's a mistake by the Colts, which would have given them 17 points in the first half.

The Colts only drive of the 3rd Quarter went 14 plays, and finally ended when Rivers threw behind Pittman (wide open again) for what would have certainly been another first down conversion in the Red Zone.  Their kicker then proceeded to miss a 33 yard field goal.  Once again, this had nothing to do with our defense and everything to do with untimely mistakes by Indy.

Sorry.  Our defense played poorly, and they are truly a concern going into the Divisional Round.

We can thump our chest all day about stopping Jonathan Taylor.  We failed to get any pressure on the quarterback, and left guys wide open all over the field.  And at the end of the day, the Colts still had 163 yards rushing at 5.4 ypa.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Woke up and realized we have like three weeks of football left. It’s been an amazing ride no matter what happens. Hope we can play for another week after this but it could go either way. Even with Covid in the Nfl it’s been a nice distraction for me! 

Only 7 games left in the season. It's crazy. Hopefully three of them are Bills games.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I sure hope McDermott shuts off the music this week and keeps them focused. Because the Colts showed they could touch that. Don't want the Ravens doing the same

what a dumb comment

I dont need to defend them, because I am sure if your anywhere near informed (which I assume you are because you are on this message board), but I will anyway.

they have literally been dancing ALL YEAR LONG. There is zero correlation between them dancing during practice and their focus preparing for a game, unless that correlation is that they are dialed in and loving practice. They danced all week before the dolphins in week 17, how did that turn out? They danced all week for the previous 16 games before that, how did those turn out?

Seriously a dumb comment, im sure you are better than that. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I sure hope McDermott shuts off the music this week and keeps them focused. Because the Colts showed they could touch that. Don't want the Ravens doing the same

I don’t think changing the way they have approached every game this year makes sense. McDermott likes to keep things constant. Why do you think that they weren’t focused because of music and dancing before practice? They dance every week. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

what a dumb comment

I dont need to defend them, because I am sure if your anywhere near informed (which I assume you are because you are on this message board), but I will anyway.

they have literally been dancing ALL YEAR LONG. There is zero correlation between them dancing during practice and their focus preparing for a game, unless that correlation is that they are dialed in and loving practice. They danced all week before the dolphins in week 17, how did that turn out? They danced all week for the previous 16 games before that, how did those turn out?

Seriously a dumb comment, im sure you are better than that. 

It was a joke man. Calm down

5 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Michael Pittman was open on the 4th Down throw into the endzone.  Phillip Rivers just threw the ball a little bit too far.  That's not a credit to our defense.  That's a mistake by the Colts, which would have given them 17 points in the first half.

The Colts only drive of the 3rd Quarter went 14 plays, and finally ended when Rivers threw behind Pittman (wide open again) for what would have certainly been another first down conversion in the Red Zone.  Their kicker then proceeded to miss a 33 yard field goal.  Once again, this had nothing to do with our defense and everything to do with untimely mistakes by Indy.

Sorry.  Our defense played poorly, and they are truly a concern going into the Divisional Round.

We can thump our chest all day about stopping Jonathan Taylor.  We failed to get any pressure on the quarterback, and left guys wide open all over the field.  And at the end of the day, the Colts still had 163 yards rushing at 5.4 ypa.

Wait so your saying the Colts were NOT perfect and finished every drive with TD's? What a shock!!!!

They missed crucial conversions like ALL TEAMS do? What a shock!!!

Yea it was definitely all the colts mistakes, not the bills having any influence. LOL. 

no team plays perfect all game long and thats part of football. 

Defense did a really good job executing the gameplan for 3 quarters. You can disagree, but I know what I saw. Classic bend but dont break. I do have a problem with our 3rd down defense against the Colts, but we've been pretty good on 3rd down all year, so it doesnt concern me. 

I'm not saying we have the 85 Bears defense here, but I do think our defense had a turnaround this season is playing some really good football, and we are really good at doing exactly what we gameplan for - taking away opponents strengths. That is obviously the run game with the Ravens so I expect a solid gameplan and day from the defense. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It was a joke man. Calm down

That is literally impossible to tell on an online message board without using any crucial "joke" or "sarcasm" comment. Sorry for taking it exactly like I read it. 

Edited by PaattMaann

7 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Wait so your saying the Colts were NOT perfect and finished every drive with TD's? What a shock!!!!

They missed crucial conversions like ALL TEAMS do? What a shock!!!

Yea it was definitely all the colts mistakes, not the bills having any influence. LOL. 

no team plays perfect all game long and thats part of football. 

Defense did a really good job executing the gameplan for 3 quarters. You can disagree, but I know what I saw. Classic bend but dont break. I do have a problem with our 3rd down defense against the Colts, but we've been pretty good on 3rd down all year, so it doesnt concern me. 

I'm not saying we have the 85 Bears defense here, but I do think our defense had a turnaround this season is playing some really good football, and we are really good at doing exactly what we gameplan for - taking away opponents strengths. That is obviously the run game with the Ravens so I expect a solid gameplan and day from the defense. 

That is literally impossible to tell on an online message board without using any crucial "joke" or "sarcasm" comment. Sorry for taking it exactly like I read it. 

No worries. That's why I said "the Colts showed they can touch that". It was meant to be humorous 

Just now, Penfield45 said:

Man I really wish we got the Sunday time slot next week

45 degrees and clear skies 

A) we have no idea what the weather will be like either Saturday or Sunday

B) we have no idea what the weather will be like either Saturday or Sunday 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

What am I missing?  GMFB keeps talking about it being a snow game, yet I just looked at the weather and it looks like a small chance of light snow early in the game.  

In Western NY the weather forecast changes every 5 minutes.  

50 minutes ago, ALF said:

If they can figure out how to stop Lamar from running is a key. The guy is very fast like Michael Vick was.

Tanya Harding, Paging Tanya Harding! 

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

you mean 7 day forecasts are not accurate and can change?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Watching John Harbaugh's press conference yesterday apparently the Ravens think the Bills got away with a lot of defensive holding last year by the DL. 

6:30 mark. 

Karen  or better yet Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! 

1 minute ago, nucci said:

you mean 7 day forecasts are not accurate and can change?

Paging @Mike in Horseheads   We need a weather forecast STAT 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

what? Forecasts like that don’t really change, look at last week. When it calls for clear skies and warm weather it usually is 

it’s precipitation that is hard to predict 

Edited by Penfield45

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Watching John Harbaugh's press conference yesterday apparently the Ravens think the Bills got away with a lot of defensive holding last year by the DL. 

6:30 mark. 

Whining already.

I guess he wants to get into the heads of the officials.

I think with a run game like they have that holding would be a big part of their game.

Really interested to see if our defense comes out to play or has another poor showing 

it’s now 2 playoff games in a row our defense has looked poor. They choked last year in Houston and this past weekend got carried by Allen and the offense 

Edited by Penfield45

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

From what I've see in the WC rounds.  The Refs were letting them play 

Lets hope it stays that way.

Except for the fumble non call/review I thought they did a decent job in our game

4 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Really interested to see if our defense comes out to play or has another poor showing 

it’s now 2 playoff games in a row our defense has looked poor. They choked last year in Houston and this past weekend got carried by Allen and the offense 

They were victims of poor field position just like the offence was.

Plus 10 minutes of TOP is a lot overcome when a team is mixing it up like the Colts were.

Lets give the Colts some credit they called a good game they just had bad execution on a few plays.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Lets hope it stays that way.

Except for the fumble non call/review I thought they did a decent job in our game

They were victims of poor field position just like the offence was.

Plus 10 minutes of TOP is a lot overcome when a team is mixing it up like the Colts were.

Lets give the Colts some credit they called a good game they just had bad execution on a few plays.

the colts had 2 drives in the 4th Q under 3 mins. One was under 2 minutes. That’s not “victims of poor field position” what game were you watching ?

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

the colts had 2 drives in the 4th Q under 3 mins. One was under 2 minutes. That’s not “victims of poor field position” what game were you watching ?

They needed to run hurry up and it worked...they also caught the Bills looking for a pass but then ran it.

The Bills also love to do situational substitutions and couldn't get them in

Just now, JMF2006 said:

They needed to run hurry up and it worked...they also caught the Bills looking for a pass but then ran it.

The Bills also love to do situational substitutions and couldn't get them in

All I’m hearing are excuses lol

At the end of the day our defense has not showed up twice in a row in the playoffs under McDermott and Frazier 

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's weird to win a game, especially a playoff game, where you were out-played. Basically Josh Allen won that game. 

Well, I don't know if this is right. It grants what the Colts did well but not what they messed up on--the dropped passes, the missed receivers (two huge misses), the missed 33-yard field goal, the dumb Offside penalty--and does the opposite with the Bills. Yes, they messed up on defense a lot, but they also stuffed them on fourth and goal and won the game at the end, despite the bad call on the fumble. When the chips were down, the Bills came through: Allen, Diggs, Beasley, Davis, Williams, Bass, McDermott, and, yes, the defense. And when the chips were down on the other side, Rivers, Turay, Blankenship, Taylor and Reich all choked. The Colts didn't outplay the Bills. The Bills outplayed the Colts. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

No offense but do you ever post anything positive? Asking for 341 friends.
again....No offense

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

At the end of the day our defense has not showed up twice in a row in the playoffs under McDermott and Frazier 

I think they redeem themselves this week.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

No offense but do you ever post anything positive? Asking for 341 friends.
again....No offense

Ive posted plenty of positive things 

about how Allen is the best QB In the playoffs right now and how great of a season we are having 

but I also like to bring up worrying trends, and one of them is our defense underperforming at times 

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Letting them play...  RE backfield hand wrestling

and 

BLOWN calls and Toe Drag Swag challenges...... 

are 2 different things.

The toe drag reviews are NY making sure there are no blown calls.

Both were called catches on the field.

What I really want to see, is McD take over the Defensive play calling if Frazier refuses to adjust to whatever the Ravens are successfully doing repeatedly. I still can't believe he never changed the coverage despite getting gashed by crossing routes over and over.

50 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Its not too late to fire the coaches! I don't understand what we are waiting for.

• Eyeroll 1