Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Josh's lowest outputs this season (not games he sat out 1 and 2 QTR's)

KC - 122.  the end of a long (short) 2 week stretch where Josh was also nursing an injured shoulder.

NE - 154.  Week 8.  Weather and above mentioned injury

Chargers 157 Week 12. Can't recall why he was 18 of 24. 

the last 4 games his average is 323* passing yards per game 

375 SFO, 238 PIT, 359 DEN and 320* (3 quarters)

For the Chargers game we were running the ball well and Bosa was a wrecking ball on D. We had a 24 - 6 lead in the 3rd quarter and pretty much cruised the rest of the way.

We also had that weird stretch in the 4th quarter where we lost turnovers on 3 straight possessions.  I think it was also windy that day.

Through yesterday, Bills are 4-2 vs common Ravens opponents, Ravens are 2-5 against those same teams..  Bills in the OP...

Vs. Non Common opponents, bills were massey rating of 20, Ravens were 26.5.  Dirty Birds fattened up against the likes of the NFC East and Cinci and Jax.

Edited by BearNorth
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Those were the only 300 yard passing games the Ravens gave up all year so they look like aberrations*.  Also, the Chiefs and Browns ran for over 100 yards in those games.  

The Rams and 49ers are also top passing defenses.  We gained more air yards on them than any team this season.  We were only the 7th highest in passing yards vs. Picksburgh.  

I don't know what any of this means but thought it was intersting.

*Stat from pro football reference for passing yards allowed includes sack yardage.  Interestingly enough, these numbers do not tie to the offensive totals per PFR.  If we look at Bills v Rams, they are credited with 274 yards passing defense but Allen has 311 passing yards when adjusted for sacks.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2020.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

Ravens D plays right into our hands...they blitz a ton, aren't very good at getting there and play man behind it.  If this happens they will get torched.  Allen did it all year to teams(think Miami, LA Rams, Seattle and Pittsburgh--once we blocked Heyward) and the Ravens will not be any different. Chiefs torched them under similar circumstances, Bills will torch them if this happens as well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Ravens D plays right into our hands...they blitz a ton, aren't very good at getting there and play man behind it.  If this happens they will get torched.  Allen did it all year to teams(think Miami, LA Rams, Seattle and Pittsburgh--once we blocked Heyward) and the Ravens will not be any different. Chiefs torched them under similar circumstances, Bills will torch them if this happens as well.

Josh's TD throw to Diggs vs. Indy should give Dc's a big gulp...

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

Josh's TD throw to Diggs vs. Indy should give Dc's a big gulp...

Watching him torch Miami twice should give them even more.  Can Baltimore really claim they have better corners than the Fins?  At best it might be a push. They play almost an identical style of defense.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Those sideline throws to Davis, and the fact that he overthrew a wide open Brown at least once.  Not sure Martindale will be getting much sleep.  Roman is a known quantity in the 716, suspect we have his playbook somewhere in the bunkers of OP.

Edited by BearNorth

7 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I mean no disrespect to Moss at all, but if I had to pick one starter to lose, it would be him. Get well soon buddy, can’t wait to see what you do next year.

Not me.  His blitz pickups are stellar. A big reason why blitzes often don't come close to getting there.  You want to trust Yeldon or Williams on 3rd and 7 blitz pickups? I sure as hell don't.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Not me.  His blitz pickups are stellar. A big reason why blitzes often don't come close to getting there.  You want to trust Yeldon or Williams on 3rd and 7 pickups? I sure as hell don't.

Singletary excels at that also.  He stoned a guy on the Diggs TD.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Singletary excels at that also.  He stoned a guy on the Diggs TD.

He does, but he is going to need a break at times and what happens if he goes down now?  Then we have nobody trusted to pick them up.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Not me.  His blitz pickups are stellar. A big reason why blitzes often don't come close to getting there.  You want to trust Yeldon or Williams on 3rd and 7 pickups? I sure as hell don't.

Yeah this will be missed.  He was a wall back there for Josh.  The most underappreciated aspect of the passing game:  blitz pick ups by WR, TE and RBs.  All hands on deck with this team.  We are an important man down against a blitzing team.

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not me.  His blitz pickups are stellar. A big reason why blitzes often don't come close to getting there.  You want to trust Yeldon or Williams on 3rd and 7 blitz pickups? I sure as hell don't.

Singletary is also pretty good at the blitz pickups, I suspect we will see a lot of him on Saturday. And honestly, weather it is him or Moss, I think both do better when they get more reps and don't split them. I'm not worried about it.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Hopefully Robert’s rebounds as he was bad against the Colts and the Bills had terrible starting positions for most of the game. 

average drive start in first half was the 8

main reason the offense was not opened up

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1