Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

39 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I expect the Ravens to give Allen that stacked look at that LOS until he beats it/they adjust..... that look has been somewhat of a struggle for him since he first saw it against Arizona. 

He saw the same look against the Dolphins in the 2nd game and after making some adjustments, tore it apart in the 2nd quarter.  He saw some of the same looks against the Steelers defense as well and after making adjustments, played lights out the rest of the way.  He's shown he can play against man, zone, pressure, no pressure.  It's all a matter of hopefully starting a little faster next game.  I have full confidence in him to do so.  Go Bills!!

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Due to the style of defense the Ravens play, If the Bills line can step up to the challenge and buy Allen some time OR if Allen can continue to buy time with his legs, big plays will be there for the taking all game long.  I like the Bills against man much more than I do against zone.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Ravens are an intense and emotional team.  I'd like to see the Bills try to frustrate their team by attacking our best matchups - which tends to be Davis and Beasley against the lesser corners.  Peters and Humphries will take Diggs +1 WR (could be Brown or Beasley depending on the play).  They are a man heavy team, spread the field and take what's given.

I could also see the benefit of Mckenzie this week if he is good to go - jet sweeps and motions could give Baltimore's D that little hesitation on a blitz that allows Allen to get the right throws off.

Another thing helping us this year compared to last year - our RB's have been vastly improved blockers, and our line as a whole is better at picking up blitzes compared to last year.

My concerns? Does the D play well in gap control.  This may be a frustrating game to watch if the D get's overzealous and Lamar makes them miss.  I hope the line stays calm and Milano and Edmunds will play a huge role in that.

Edmunds and Milano have elite sideline to sideline speed. This defense can definitely force Lamar to throw the ball to beat them. 

13 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Edmunds and Milano have elite sideline to sideline speed. This defense can definitely force Lamar to throw the ball to beat them. 

I agree - they certainly can (and we saw their containment during the Houston game last year with Watson).  

• Like (+1) 1

Ultimately I think the two main keys for this game will be:

1. Are our WRs healthy? Baltimore wants to play man. Our WRs, when healthy, feast on man coverage with a bevy of crossing routes. Beasley looked hampered this past week. We know Diggs is hurt but he looked fine. If Beasley is okay, I think our offense should be good though I do wonder if Baltimore might break their tendencies for this game.
  2. Can our defense tackle? The defense has struggled in a lot of areas this year, but tackling has been an issue with this group for multiple years now and Baltimore's offense is a lot more challenging to stop than Indy's, and we had almost zero success stopping Indy this week.

If the answer to both of those questions are yes, we win. If the answer to both are no, we lose.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Ultimately I think the two main keys for this game will be:

1. Are our WRs healthy? Baltimore wants to play man. Our WRs, when healthy, feast on man coverage with a bevy of crossing routes. Beasley looked hampered this past week. We know Diggs is hurt but he looked fine. If Beasley is okay, I think our offense should be good though I do wonder if Baltimore might break their tendencies for this game.
  2. Can our defense tackle? The defense has struggled in a lot of areas this year, but tackling has been an issue with this group for multiple years now and Baltimore's offense is a lot more challenging to stop than Indy's, and we had almost zero success stopping Indy this week.

If the answer to both of those questions are yes, we win. If the answer to both are no, we lose.

These are definitely two key factors.  I don't understand why McD's teams are such bad tacklers - he seems to stress fundamentals but it has been a real problem.

23 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Edmunds has elite straight line speed. The question then is can he read the run fits correctly. Milano reads the play better but is only a good athlete. They are in a great scheme and are made to look good, but I couldn't call either of them elite.

Hi Ho,

Ravens fan here...just dropping in for some friendly chat.  You guys must be so thrilled Brady is out of your division.  ;)  Anywho, this will be a great game.  I'm honestly not sure who wins it because these teams have no history this year.  As for prepping for Lamar, teams have tried...hard to do.  I disagree about a 1 dimensional offense.  We run with Dobbins, pass to Brown, drop off short and medium passes to Andrews, and give Lamar the freedom to run.  As for that week 3 tape, not that helpful.  We are a very different team than our play in week 3.

1 hour ago, Mr Wild said:

Interesting thing to me is that McKenzie only played 4 snaps... We need him motioning and all that. Hopefully hes back to being better this week.

no need to motion against Indy to  identify the defense and coverage, as it never changed

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Activate stills and line up Beasley brown stills and diggs.  Blitz that and you will get burned a bunch. 

So you are sitting Davis who just had a great game and is in sync with Josh for an inferior player who does not know the full playbook yet.  Interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

Buckle the chin strap and win the damn game. These games don’t get any easier. I haven’t forgotten that SOB Jerry Coleman and would love for this Bills team to make him eat crow. 

Based on what we’ve shown this year, I guarantee Harbaugh believes they can out-physical us. They are going to try to punch us in the mouth in the run game. I also think their DBs will try to bully our receivers. We must match their physicality with our defense against their offense. Get to the ball, wrap up, and tackle. This is a game I’d absolutely love to have guys like Lorenzo and Kyle (or even Star, Jordan, and Shaq). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

He saw the same look against the Dolphins in the 2nd game and after making some adjustments, tore it apart in the 2nd quarter.  He saw some of the same looks against the Steelers defense as well and after making adjustments, played lights out the rest of the way.  He's shown he can play against man, zone, pressure, no pressure.  It's all a matter of hopefully starting a little faster next game.  I have full confidence in him to do so.  Go Bills!!

Due to the style of defense the Ravens play, If the Bills line can step up to the challenge and buy Allen some time OR if Allen can continue to buy time with his legs, big plays will be there for the taking all game long.  I like the Bills against man much more than I do against zone.  

If you remember last game we played against them, there were plays to be made early on and Allen just missed them.  

He's not missing those throws anymore. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

Edmunds has elite straight line speed. The question then is can he read the run fits correctly. Milano reads the play better but is only a good athlete. They are in a great scheme and are made to look good, but I couldn't call either of them elite.

Edmunds is definitely elite just based on his numbers and speed in his pads. I agree Milano might not be elite numbers wise but in pads Milano looks like one of the fastest guys on defense. 

If we can stay in our nickel D while stopping the run and Lamar we have a good chance to win this game. Lamars decision making is so slow, we need to disguise blitzing, coverages and spies. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1