Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Baltimore’s D is better than Indy.  Top to bottom it is solid.  Strength is probably it’s secondary so should be a good matchup with our potent passing attack as of late.

We never really had a problem with the Colts D, we just had bad field position that effected our game plan. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Beast said:

We are going to find out a lot about Edmunds this Saturday night.

I think we already know enough, IMO....

Anyways, here is where I’m at: 

- The Bills finished the regular season 13-3. 

- They've beaten a good team to advance to the divisional round

-We’ve learned with much certainty we have the right QB

I hope they go out swinging for the fences, and live or die by the passing offense. At the end of the day, if they don’t get it done, there is still so much to be excited/proud about. 

that being said, I think they can handle these guys. Stomp the crows! 

• Like (+1) 5

Are we getting 15,000 fans this weekend?

36 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

This weekend is not going to decide who the best QB is.  The next 15 years will.  Lamar is the best so far because of his legs.  He wont be running around like that in his mid 30's.   Three years does not a career make.

Yea but a 2020-2021 SB ring goes a long way into making that decision wouldn't you agree 

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't agree with that. Ravens defense ranks 7th in yards per play, 6th in yards per game, 2nd in points per game, 15th in weighted DVOA. I put more stock in DVOA than any other stat. They are a good defense but they aren't elite like they were last year. They've had a really easy schedule. The last good offense they faced was the Browns who put up 42 points. The Chiefs put up 34 points. I'm not worried about their defense. The fear is that we can't stop their running game.

They are healthy now. What about that game yesterday? That sure looked like an elite defense.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They are healthy now. What about that game yesterday? That sure looked like an elite defense.

It looked to me like the Titans stuck to what wasn’t working too long. Just saying. I get it Henry is a great back, but ***** wasn’t working and they didn’t adjust

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Are the Bills the only division winners to advance out of the wildcard round?

No the Saints did too.

52 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

We are doomed :w00t:

As long as the Bills aren't ;) 

5 hours ago, Figster said:

The QB class of 2018 3 seasons later enters into the 2021 Divisional round of the playoffs with 3 of its top young guns representing teams from the AFC. One Patrick Mahomes.

For a chance at greatness they now have to defeat each other along with the defending Superbowl Champs.

Oh my Josh...

Maybe Cleveland gets really lucky ;)

• Like (+1) 1

Perspective: The Ravens put up 20 points against the worse Defensive team in the play-offs this weekend. And . . .

• Their Defense padded their stats against very weak late season opponents.
  • L Jackson did not have a 300 yard passing game this season and only 5 games +200
  • Lamar had only 3 100+ rushing games (counting Tenn. yesterday) all season
  • They only had 3 receivers go over a 100+ yards per game all season - Brown in wk 1 = 101; Snead in wk 8 = 106; and Brown again yesterday vs. Tenn = 109
  • In the four games that Jackson lost (he missed one game), his QBR was: 31.7, 13.5, 66.9, and 37.4 (that is bad at all levels)
  • In a game they won, Jackson had a QBR of 69.4 and 58 rushing yards against the Colts
  • Other common opponents ( QBR/RushingYards): KC 31.8/83 (L); Pitts 13.5/65 (L); Colts 69.4/58 (W); NE 66.9/55 (L); Tenn 37.4/51 (L); & yesterday, Tenn 84.6/136 (W)
  • Records versus common opponents (with LJ at QB): Baltimore 2-4, Bills 4-2
  • In those 6 common opponent games, the Ravens gave up 138 points or 23 per game. Against those same teams, the Bills gave up 137 or 22.8 per game (42 of them in the Tennessee clunker)

Conclusion

- Defenses are fairly even .... Season totals favor Ravens, but the difference is slight--Big difference, points. But I attribute that more to the Ravens having a much easier schedule

- On Offense, the Bills have the edge in points and yards

- Contain Jackson = Win!

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Of any offense left in the AFC, I’d rather it be the Ravens we face this weekend. 

Chiefs can obviously be elite when on their game.  No explanation needed.  

Browns have the Indy vibe.  Monster OL, power run game with Chubb & Hunt and a QB that is capable of beating you through the air.  

Lamar Jackson can be electric, but if McDermott/Frazier can’t come up with a plan to limit that offense, with their passing struggles, then they’re not the defensive minds that I believe they are.  

On the flip side, the Ravens Defense is the toughest defense left in the AFC.  

We just played a tough defense and Josh played well, despite horrible field position all game.  Let’s hope another week gets the WR group healed up and close to 100%.  

Every team left has positives and negatives to playing them.  Based on matchups, KC is still the king until proven otherwise, but I wouldn’t necessarily say I’d rather face Cleveland than Baltimore.  

And for the first time in my adult life... Teams need to be concerned about whether they can beat us.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beast said:

We are going to find out a lot about Edmunds this Saturday night.

We already know he is 6'5" 250lbs is 22 yrs old  and was picked 16th in 2018 ;)

Any LB's drafted by Baltimore in 2018 that are pissed the Bills didn't draft them? ;) 

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Baltimore’s D is better than Indy.  Top to bottom it is solid.  Strength is probably it’s secondary so should be a good matchup with our potent passing attack as of late.

Defensive DVOA and Pts Against of Opponents:

Steelers    1st Overall      4th Overall Weighted     1st Passing       5th Rushing     3rd Pts Against

Rams        4th Overall      1st Overall Weighted     4th Passing      3rd Rushing      1st Pts Against

49ers        6th Overall     5th Overall Weighted     7th Passing      10th Rushing    16th Pts Against

Colts         7th Overall     10th Overall Weighted    8th Passing      9th Rushing     10th Pts Against

Ravens      9th Overall    15th Overall Weighted    10th Passing     12th Rushing    2nd Pts Against

The Bills were 4-0 against the other top 10 DVOA teams they faced, beating the Steelers (26-15), Rams (35-32), 49ers (34-24), and Colts (27-24) - for an avg of 30.5 PPG

In those games, Allen was 106-51 (70%), 1248 Yds, 8.3 Y/A, 12 TDs, 2 INTs, 101 Rusing Yds, 2TDs, 2 Lost Fumbles (one being the Moss handoff in SF game).

IMO, If the Bills play how they are capable of playing offensively, they will be able to score points.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Yes, but the Rams were better than indy too.

These Ravens gave up:

500+ yards to Chiefs

Nearly 400 to Eagles

420 to Titans

Nearly 500 to Browns

So as an old school guy, its hard to say this is a legendary defense...even for Balt. 

They are not unbeatable...good team, but not unbeatable. 

My biggest concern is pass rush causing sacks and fumbles.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, bills6969 said:

I was hoping we’d avoid Baltimore.  They have been one of the hotter teams in the league as of late and seems like LJ8 is looking more like the player that won the MVP last year.  Really worried about our run defense.  We got gashed for some big runs by the Colts.  It must be better against Ravens or it will be bad news for us.

Dallas, Cleveland, Giants, Bengals, Jaguars

those are their last 5 games...I’m not concerned. Will be tough but we are better coached. 

• Like (+1) 2