The colts fumble that was not called

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I doubt it was a tiny low res monitor.  Just a terrible call.

Then let’s blame it on how—you know when your eyes are use to brightness then you walk in a semi-dark room and it appears pitch black—let’s blame it on that. Or maybe they get hypnotized in there. Who the hell knows what’s going on?

Edited by Best Williams Available

6 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I was pacing back and forth and celebrating that it was definitely a fumble. I still can’t believe it wasn’t called that.

I was doing a jig for 5 or 10 minutes while the agonizingly slow refs were deliberating.  I felt that if I stopped jigging for even a second it would be a no-call.  It was unsuccessful, and my legs hurt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just now, K-9 said:

True, but like I’ve said previously, I’m gonna tip my hat to Philip Rivers. But still, I’m highly suspect of our D’s ability to make a critical stop or two when needed most. 

Yea I agree with that. It was a very competent QB on the other side of the ball. Still, something questionable about how the defense played.

I guess the take away is, when asked to “win” the game, the Bills defense did it.

7 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

If there's so.e type of grading system for officials, this crew or at least the head official needs to be knocked down a few notches.

Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist or allegedly intoxicated,  but I'm of the belief that had the game ended on that fumble a lot of revenue would have been lost from people changing the channel. Im not sure how anyone with a functional brain could watch that play and see that he didn't get up and then fumble. 

"Allegedly"

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s more than fair. Our D doesn’t seem to be up to championship caliber. To say the least.

Imagine what the Chiefs would have done to that unit today...not to say we can’t beat them, but Josh will have to be near perfect, and Daboll much better than he was today...

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Poyer LITERALLY let him stand up so he could strip the ball haha absolutely blows my mind they got that call wrong 

It was a crazy smart play form Poyer but he might have had his hand on his back  for a split second before he got up.

It was close enough that I would not have overturned it either, especially when it would have ended the game.

2 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

the replay from the endzone was irrefutable,  the Colt player got up untouched and then the we forced the ball out. Still pissed about it. a friggin' shame. 

It was and absolutely still disgusts me and makes me mentally not as pumped up as I should be after this 1st huge playoff win. 

I will get over it with some beer later tonight.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

If I had to guess, I think it was 100% this. They didn’t want the game to end on a replay call.

This call could have ended the game either way it went.  Did they want to end it on a correct call or an incorrect call is really the question.  

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

True, but like I’ve said previously, I’m gonna tip my hat to Philip Rivers. But still, I’m highly suspect of our D’s ability to make a critical stop or two when needed most. 

Well, they made the stop at the end of the game, and at the end of the first half.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was a crazy smart play form Poyer but he might have had his hand on his back  for a split second before he got up.

It was close enough that I would not have overturned it either, especially when it would have ended the game.

Might have...but didn’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Were you watching on an old school tube TV? It was clear as day from the one angle Poyer hadn't touched him yet.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Disagree.  There's a very clear image that shows space between Pascal's leg and the ground and space between Poyer's hand and Pascal's waist.  Impossible to call in real time but crystal clear on replay, precisely the point of the replay.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

He’s connected to NY while reviewing. And low-res? How would you possibly know or assume that?

Terrible call nonetheless.

Right, I’m guessing, but I thought they were MS Surface tablets and not TVs anymore. What’s the screen rez on a Surface? My point is we are watching from home with more detail than the people making the call, as the avg TV and HDMI beats whatever is under their hood.

• Like (+1) 1