The colts fumble that was not called

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I said this exact same thing to my wife. 

In the regular season, absolutely. Not in the playoffs though. 

The problem with it, is how transparent it is. And how stupid they think we are about the game we invest so much time and money into. As if we aren’t smart enough to know the rules. How many of us have been “making the call with AT&T” our whole lives. 

Thankfully, we have a team and coaching staff, that doesn’t allow themselves to be defeated by calls like this. 

It’s also failed logic though. There’s just as much talk or more about that call if the Bills lose. The officials were going to be criticized regardless in that spot. That’s why they should have just made the right call. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Beast said:

Honestly, why even have replay? 

That was an absolute farce by the NFL. Good ***** thing the Bills ended up with  the win.

I think they didn't want the game to end on a walkoff controversial play like that so they were just banking on the bills holding on to win haha seems crazy but I wouldnt put it past them 

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hard to believe after so much review time they couldn’t see what was obvious to the rest of us, along with the announcers. Head scratching to say the least. 

I knew it was bad news when it took that long, because the real call was obvious after one look. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

It feels weird to me. In the day we would have lost this game, and I’d be furious about that call. I expected to win this one, and it’s still infuriating. I can’t stomach the idea the NFL can’t get calls right that a small town Pop Warner official could with a replay. 

They must do it on purpose for whatever reason. There's no explanation. They didn't care who won and maybe they just wanted to increase the chances that the game would go to overtime.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think they didn't want the game to end on a walkoff controversial play like that so they were just banking on the bills holding on to win haha seems crazy but I wouldnt put it past them 

It wasn't controversial. It was obvious to everyone, even non-Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LeGOATski said:

They must do it on purpose for whatever reason. There's no explanation. They didn't care who won and maybe they just wanted to increase the chances that the game would go to overtime.

That’s what I thought while watching. They send the review to NY, then it took forever when it should be obvious. I’d love a transparent behind the scene look of what’s discussed when these things are viewed by the league. 

54 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They didn't want the game to end on the call, period, end of story. It's ok to admit it refs

Dude, I HATE conspiracy BS but the league CLEARLY interferes with games.

There is no way you don’t call that a fumble. We all saw all the angles which showed no contact till his knee was up. It was clear and definitive!

The NFL wanted to continue the “ Rivers Swansong” story. 
  EFFING B.S.!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

Honestly, why even have replay? 

That was an absolute farce by the NFL. Good ***** thing the Bills ended up with  the win.

Beast, could you imagine if we lost somehow after that BS call the noise Bills fans would bring to the league for weeks, months or even years? The fan base would be absolutely going ape Sh!t right now. 

I've had about 15 different texts from friends around the states (non Bills fans) now giving me gratz on the Bills W today and also stating how F'ing BS the replay and call was. NFL Fans as a whole just want the game/s called right, especially in the playoffs. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It wasn't controversial. It was obvious to everyone, even non-Bills fans.

Once they make that boneheaded call on the field that he was down it kind of becomes controversial as far as the game being decided by refs goes but im right there with ya...looked plenty obvious to me 

59 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Why is a call like this even the responsibility of 1 guy in the field looking at a tiny low Rez monitor??? MLB sends it back to a group of people that look at it from both teams cameras at all angles then tells the ump what to do.

Am I wrong about the NFL’s procedure here? 

Does the ref make the call our league office?   If so they need to go to MLB model

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Dude, I HATE conspiracy BS but the league CLEARLY interferes with games.

There is no way you don’t call that a fumble. We all saw all the angles which showed no contact till his knee was up. It was clear and definitive!

The NFL wanted to continue the “ Rivers Swansong” story. 
  EFFING B.S.!!!!!

I’m the same way. I don’t want to be that guy, and I’m not saying the league is rigged. I just have an issue with sending the review to the league, and then crazy stuff happens. I can see people thinking, “a fumble is a boring way to end this game, we aren’t 100% convinced it’s a fumble, so let’s hope for this game to be decided on the final play”. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I knew it was bad news when it took that long, because the real call was obvious after one look. 

I actually thought it was good that it was taking that long.  I thought they were looking for the new spot and time.

Just crazy they missed the call with every in booth Ref calling it obvious.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Once they make that boneheaded call on the field that he was down it kind of becomes controversial as far as the game being decided by refs goes but im right there with ya...looked plenty obvious to me 

I just don't see it that way. I thought he was down initially too, until I saw the replay. So I don't think it was a boneheaded call on the field. 

All the boneheadedness and controversy occurred with the replay official.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Why??? Because the Bills fans were going to storm the field????

There was nothing controversial about getting the call right.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

Why??? Because the Bills fans were going to storm the field????

There was nothing controversial about getting the call right.

Controversial is not the word I shouldve used it was an obvious fumble...I think refs try not to effect the games too much down the stretch and it leads to absolute disasters like this and the non pi call in the rams saints game a few years back 

• Like (+1) 2