Playoff Game Postgame Thread

58 minutes ago, Merle said:

Three things from this game worry me going forward in the playoffs:

1.  Designed QB runs are back from some reason - way too many, and mostly not effective, and exposed Josh to unnecessary hits.  Yes, the first one down near the goal line worked, but the second one was nearly a disaster ... that Josh turned into a "fluke" TD to Knox.

2.  "Bad Josh" showed up on the play where he lost 20 yards on a sack and nearly fumbled it away when the Bills  were within FG range near the end of the game.   

3.  Pass rush was pretty much non-existent.

4. Colts essentially left 7 points on the table (going for it on 4th down instead of FG, going for 2 instead of 1, doinked 33-yd FG) and lost by 3. 

On the other hand, this was exactly the type of game that the "old Bills" definitely would have lost somehow (either on that "hail Mary", or some other way).   The fact that they won "in spite of themselves" against a Colts team that was much better than anyone thought is a positive.

Go Bills!

Sorry but I didn't see any "bad Josh" today. You can't expect perfection on every single play. He got sacked and fumbled, it happens.

Today Allen was responsible for over 95% of the Bills offensive yardage and all three TDs.  That was simply an amazing performance.

We need to move off the "bad Josh" meme - it no longer exists. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Sorry but I didn't see any "bad Josh" today. You can't expect perfection on every single play. He got sacked and fumbled, it happens.

Today Allen was responsible for over 95% of the Bills offensive yardage and all three TDs.  That was simply an amazing performance.

We need to move off the "bad Josh" meme - it no longer exists. 

This. The “Bad Josh” thing is incredibly lazy, especially when you use it after today’s game where he literally WAS the offense and willed us to victory. Terrible take. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, MarkMiller said:

This. The “Bad Josh” thing is incredibly lazy, especially when you use it after today’s game where he literally WAS the offense and willed us to victory. Terrible take. 

It's a legacy of his rookie year where he did a lot of bonehead stuff.  Last year he cut those plays way back but had a couple.  This year he hasn't had any IMO.  We can't confuse trying to make a play or simply making a mistake with it being a "bad Josh" thing. 

We need to move beyond this.  Allen will make mistakes but he has transcended "bad Josh".

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Merle said:

"Bad Josh" showed up on the play where he lost 20 yards on a sack and nearly fumbled it away when the Bills  were within FG range near the end of the game.   

Supremely horrible take. Josh was the ONLY reason the Buffalo Bills are playing next weekend. That was an unlucky play and not the result of Josh playing “hero ball” or trying to do too much. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I don't like "Bad Josh"?

Josh is pretty dang good and we have to allow our guys to make a mistake, don't we?

"Bad Josh" was the just the moniker folks used to describe Josh last year when he would make bad decisions (usually trying to make a play when it would have been better to either throw it away, or even just take a sack).   He seemed to have "grown out of that" for the most part this year ... but it surfaced again on that one play today.   I don't expect him to be perfect with his "execution" ... I just want him to make the right decision.   Trying to make "something out of nothing", and in the process, giving up a possible FG attempt, and nearly losing the ball, was the absolute worst case possible.   He really had pretty much stopped make decisions like that this year ... but it showed up again at the worst possible time.

16 minutes ago, Merle said:

"Bad Josh" was the just the moniker folks used to describe Josh last year when he would make bad decisions (usually trying to make a play when it would have been better to either throw it away, or even just take a sack).   He seemed to have "grown out of that" for the most part this year ... but it surfaced again on that one play today.   I don't expect him to be perfect with his "execution" ... I just want him to make the right decision.   Trying to make "something out of nothing", and in the process, giving up a possible FG attempt, and nearly losing the ball, was the absolute worst case possible.   He really had pretty much stopped make decisions like that this year ... but it showed up again at the worst possible time.

He got sacked. It happens.  Frankly the play should have been blown dead before the fumble but different QB's get different whistles in these situations.

And the problem was that with a first down at the Colts 38 late in the game we couldn't execute a normal running game like most teams can. That we were looking for a deep shot on that play is a problem.  I'm all for kill shots but having to keep throwing with the lead in the 4th quarter is risky.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Success said:

If you're a Bills fan and you are anything from euphoric, you're thinking too much.

25 years.  Soak it in.  All that matters: we won this game.

Euphoric? Try relieved.

Hydes hail mary knockdown was like a box of valium with no overdose.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

My wife said that she started crying because he was crying. 🤣

it’s weird, I didn’t even come close to crying after the final whistle.  I was more euphoric.

If we make it to the Big Dance I’ll probably cry a little, though.

• Like (+1) 1