Playoff Game Postgame Thread

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Really how many inches was it off his back by.  Can you put a tape measure on it and give me a measurement, because unless there's a view from overheard that shows the gap between Poyer's hand and the WR back, you have no idea.

No I'm not blind as I stated I would tend to agree there is a gap, but to over turn the call there needs to be conclusive evidence and without an overhead view, can't see where there's any conclusive evidence.

Don't need a tape measure.  You can conclusively see there is a gap between his hand and the dudes back.  Maybe you just need a better TV?  Like I am really not trying to bash you but the entire world minus you knows it was a fumble.  Seems to me you are wrong.  My eyes also tell me you are wrong.  It was clear.  When I have the time and ambition,  I will find the play.  There is no mistake.  His knee was clearly off the ground before he was touched.  It's clear.  Just stop.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean they did have that nice goal line stand before the half.

That’s true, but it was less a D stand than it was a missed TD pass by Rivers. I’m not gonna quibble though. We gave the ultimate response by going 96 yards for the go ahead TD. Reich is gonna be answering questions about that decision because three points was the ultimate difference, but it was the right decision. Yet again, he disrespected Josh Allen by assuming his D wouldn’t let us go 96 yards. 

Oops.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cgang said:

Beasley was 7 receptions for 57 opportunistic yards.  The man is all heart in the slot. 

Big shout out to Beasley, he was clearly in a lot of pain. Hopefully he gets healed up this week.

Also big shoutout to Daryl Williams for that fumble recovery. When that ball was bouncing off the turf, I swear time stood still xD 

Be happy guys, another week of football. 

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Great win.  I was very nervous about this game so I stayed off the forum.  

The importance of the win is that it meets our goal of winning a playoff game.  A loss would have set the program back but not now, this team has progressed.  Not that we are satisfied, or we think they are done either.  They can play better and they are home again next week.  

I don’t care who we play next.  Worrying about that is not productive.    Think we saw that the Colts give us all we could handle and many of the posters here considered them our best match up.  All the games are hard.  

For the first time since the bye week we did not cruise to a victory.    Yes, we need to be better running and stopping the run.  I just think we grew as a team and we will crank it up another notch next week.  

Well said Bob- I could not agree with you more.

Enjoy the win and the week. 

2 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Big shout out to Beasley, he was clearly in a lot of pain. Hopefully he gets healed up this week.

Also big shoutout to Daryl Williams for that fumble recovery. When that ball was bouncing off the turf, I swear time stood still xD 

You mean we have to do this again? Just teasing, I love it!

3 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Yeah, Beas came up with a couple clutch catches.

Hopefully the extra week will help him heal even more.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Clear as day for a homer!

I just looked a replay from three different camera angles

In one angle couldn't at all see Poyers left hand as there was an officials body in the way. 

2nd angle again couldn't at all see Poyers hand as Poyers own body blocked view of left hand.

The other angle and this was the view shown most on TV had a clear view of Poyers hand the Colts knee.  But what you had was a clear view of the back of his hand, with no depth perception to tell whether the hand was touching the players back, was 2 inches away or 6 inches away.  And BTW  you're looking from a camera mounted probably a good 50 feet away zoomed in, but that just distorts things.

I do think if there was a camera exactly 180 degrees opposite of the 1st one that the officials body blocked the view of would have had a much clearer view.

To be clear, I do agree I don't think his hand was touching him, if I were to bet $100 on it, I'd bet it wasn't touching, but the bet would be voided as no angle shows with 100% certainly.

It's like the test they use to give you 25 years ago when you'd go tho the eye doctor to test depth perception, where they slide one peg closer and further and you have to tell him when the two are even.  If you got it within a couple of inches of each other, they'd consider you passed.

Here you go.  No tape measure but eye test says a good 6-8 inches in first pic when his knee is already up.  You can tell the knee is up because you can see the yardline which was covered with the knee down.  To clarity sake I took a second one with a clear knee up and hand is still 2 or 3 inches away (eyeball).  You can tell his hand still hasnt hit his back because you can see the numbers on his jersey.  This is clear as day man.

fumble1.jpg

fumble2.jpg

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s true, but it was less a D stand than it was a missed TD pass by Rivers. I’m not gonna quibble though. We gave the ultimate response by going 96 yards for the go ahead TD. Reich is gonna be answering questions about that decision because three points was the ultimate difference, but it was the right decision. Yet again, he disrespected Josh Allen by assuming his D wouldn’t let us go 96 yards. 

Oops.

I looked at it more like respect that they needed TDs and not FGs to beat us.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Here you go.  No tape measure but eye test says a good 6 inches in first pic when his knee is already up.  You can tell the knee is up because you can see the yardline which was covered with the knee down.  To clarity sake I took a second one with a clear knee up and hand is still 2 or 3 inches away (eyeball)

fumble1.jpg

fumble2.jpg

Poyer is not dumb. He was waiting for the knee to come up before he touches him. This was like the int that never happened call and the refs blew it big time both times. Refs just don’t like Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 4

Three things from this game worry me going forward in the playoffs:

1.  Designed QB runs are back from some reason - way too many, and mostly not effective, and exposed Josh to unnecessary hits.  Yes, the first one down near the goal line worked, but the second one was nearly a disaster ... that Josh turned into a "fluke" TD to Knox.

2.  "Bad Josh" showed up on the play where he lost 20 yards on a sack and nearly fumbled it away when the Bills  were within FG range near the end of the game.   

3.  Pass rush was pretty much non-existent.

4. Colts essentially left 7 points on the table (going for it on 4th down instead of FG, going for 2 instead of 1, doinked 33-yd FG) and lost by 3. 

On the other hand, this was exactly the type of game that the "old Bills" definitely would have lost somehow (either on that "hail Mary", or some other way).   The fact that they won "in spite of themselves" against a Colts team that was much better than anyone thought is a positive.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Here you go.  No tape measure but eye test says a good 6-8 inches in first pic when his knee is already up.  You can tell the knee is up because you can see the yardline which was covered with the knee down.  To clarity sake I took a second one with a clear knee up and hand is still 2 or 3 inches away (eyeball).  You can tell his hand still hasnt hit his back because you can see the numbers on his jersey.  This is clear as day man.

fumble1.jpg

fumble2.jpg

OK, I had not seen this angle before.  As I stated in my post above:

In one angle couldn't at all see Poyers left hand as there was an officials body in the way. 

I do think if there was a camera exactly 180 degrees opposite of the 1st one that the officials body blocked the view of would have had a much clearer view.

This basically is that view from 180 degrees that I wanted to see.  From here I'd agree, his knee was up.  Don't think they showed this angle during the game though either?  There's a 57 second replay showing three camera angles on ESPN, but none from this direction either.