Playoff Game Postgame Thread

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Derrick Henry had 19 rushes for 57 yards against us.

James Conner had 10 rushes for 18 yards against us.

I am not saying the defense doesnt need to tighten up but it isnt hopeless enough to qualify for your statement to be reality. 

A running back just needs to demand respect and more guys in the box to be effective.

I think Henry scored in that game and also allowed Tanny to pick apart our secondary for 1st down after 1st down limiting our offensive chances and possessions.

Indy clearly rolled that tape with this game plan. Should have been called a few times on the delay of game though when they were milking the clock and it got to zero before they got the play off.

Edited by WideNine

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

Does anyone know what times the games are next week? 

An excellent question. I don’t know why they haven’t released this (to my knowledge). 

I imagine they’re waiting to see what the matchups will be to try and maximize their viewership based on who plays. It’s annoying, but im guessing we’ll hear tomorrow night during the SNF game 

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

An excellent question. I don’t know why they haven’t released this (to my knowledge). 

I imagine they’re waiting to see what the matchups will be to try and maximize their viewership based on who plays. It’s annoying, but im guessing we’ll hear tomorrow night during the SNF game 

yea just looked it up- the weekend is TBD

Just now, Juice_32 said:

It’s nice that our guys are resting up tonight and whoever we play next will be getting beat up tomorrow. I’m glad we had the early Sat time slot.

Yup! I was wondering why some were against the schedule. If we won, which we did, it gave us an extra day of rest.

18 hours ago, K-9 said:

You’re putting words in my mouth by suggesting that I implied the Bills receivers weren’t good.

My ONLY point in the original post I responded to is that I don’t want to hear how Josh has to be better because he ALMOST had a turnover in a critical situation when he had three passes go thru his receivers’ hands in JUST as critical situations. 

Josh Allen won this game for us and his receivers all made GREAT plays when called upon at various junctures. Just don’t ding him for a turnover that wasn’t when he had three incompletions that should have been catches as well. 

I never dinged him for a turnover so not sure what you are referencing.

I did say that Williams gave up on his block and that Dawkins got forklifted into Allen's lap and he had no where to escape to.

Williams quasi-redeemed himself falling on the fumble but that set us up for that non-existent 3rd and 34 play.

Edited by WideNine

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Clear as day for a homer!

I just looked a replay from three different camera angles

In one angle couldn't at all see Poyers left hand as there was an officials body in the way. 

2nd angle again couldn't at all see Poyers hand as Poyers own body blocked view of left hand.

The other angle and this was the view shown most on TV had a clear view of Poyers hand the Colts knee.  But what you had was a clear view of the back of his hand, with no depth perception to tell whether the hand was touching the players back, was 2 inches away or 6 inches away.  And BTW  you're looking from a camera mounted probably a good 50 feet away zoomed in, but that just distorts things.

I do think if there was a camera exactly 180 degrees opposite of the 1st one that the officials body blocked the view of would have had a much clearer view.

To be clear, I do agree I don't think his hand was touching him, if I were to bet $100 on it, I'd bet it wasn't touching, but the bet would be voided as no angle shows with 100% certainly.

It's like the test they use to give you 25 years ago when you'd go tho the eye doctor to test depth perception, where they slide one peg closer and further and you have to tell him when the two are even.  If you got it within a couple of inches of each other, they'd consider you passed.

Not trying to be offensive to you but you are blind as a bat.  It was clear as day.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Clear as day for a homer!

I just looked a replay from three different camera angles

In one angle couldn't at all see Poyers left hand as there was an officials body in the way. 

2nd angle again couldn't at all see Poyers hand as Poyers own body blocked view of left hand.

The other angle and this was the view shown most on TV had a clear view of Poyers hand the Colts knee.  But what you had was a clear view of the back of his hand, with no depth perception to tell whether the hand was touching the players back, was 2 inches away or 6 inches away.  And BTW  you're looking from a camera mounted probably a good 50 feet away zoomed in, but that just distorts things.

I do think if there was a camera exactly 180 degrees opposite of the 1st one that the officials body blocked the view of would have had a much clearer view.

To be clear, I do agree I don't think his hand was touching him, if I were to bet $100 on it, I'd bet it wasn't touching, but the bet would be voided as no angle shows with 100% certainly.

It's like the test they use to give you 25 years ago when you'd go tho the eye doctor to test depth perception, where they slide one peg closer and further and you have to tell him when the two are even.  If you got it within a couple of inches of each other, they'd consider you passed.

Nearly everyone that watched the zillion replays disagreed with you.

I think we even had an Indy fan drop by and congratulate us for winning "twice".

All the color commentators agreed it was a fumble. 

Homerism abounds.

:)

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

He's nervous he made a bet with Cowherd that if we didn't win 1 Playoff game he wins but if we win two he loses and the loser gets the Pinto Ron treatment.

36517057001_4681455751001_pinto1.jpg?pub

Daboll has his interviews on the teams day off tomorrow so hopefully if that's been on his mind he'll have better focus with it over with.

They need to change the rules.  Should be no interviews while a team is still playing period.   Daboll needs to be working on gameplans not interviews.

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Am I the only one here who is NOT going to watch post game highlights?  That game wrecked me inside a bit.  Bring on the next opponent!  🐃

I NEED watch the highlights. I need to see the amazing plays they mad without all the other stuff in between. Allen made some amazing throws and the WRs made some amazing catches (looking at you Gabriel) that I need to see to feel better.