Here is the definition of Failing UP. In Denver

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If he was a good GM Allen would have been a Bronco. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep something stinks in Denver

yeah it doesn’t seem like a great situation there and it starts at the top. The Bowlen kids and the ownership trust are at each other’s throats. Elway is taking full advantage of the disarray. 

For those who don't know.

Elway is in charge of everything Broncos.

The ownership between the Bowlen kids is still in the courts and the team is "owned " by a trusteeship of 3 people.

Elway is not promoted he just is giving up the GM role.

He will continue to ruin the organization that way!

The Broncos, except for a few years of Peyton Manning, have discovered how hard it is to find a franchise QB.  Since 98 when Elway retired, these were their QB stat leaders for the last 22 years.  If you look at their QB's before Elway, it is even worst.

Griese

Plummer

Cutler

Orton

Tebow

Manning

Siemian

Kennan

Flacco

Lock

<next man up>

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/

Edited by BTB

32 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

1991's AFC Championship W over Elway's squad remains a fond memory. :beer:

Though that was more Kubiak than Elway in that game, it remains as one of my favorite Bills games ever.  As much as I love the shootouts, defensive gems like that can be really exhilarating.  I just remember hanging on every play of that game....it was intense!  Carlton Bailey and Jeff Wright will always drink for free if I am there!

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He won a SB as the GM. I don’t think that is failing. He is deciding that he wants to take on a different role. Good for him and the ownership. Btw, the ownership has every right to do this. Their team, their money, and it’s a position that other teams currently use like the Falcons. 

He lucked into Peyton Manning and every QB move since then has been a disaster

10 minutes ago, BTB said:

The Broncos, except for a few years of Peyton Manning, have discovered how hard it is to find a franchise QB.  Since 98 when Elway retired, these were their QB stat leaders for the last 22 years.  If you look at their QB's before Elway, it is even worst.

Griese

Plummer

Cutler

Orton

Tebow

Manning

Siemian

Kennan

Flacco

Lock

<next man up>

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/

And the "stat leaders" thing allows us to skip over Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch.

Add in the obvious miss of leaving Allen on the board and you've got some of the worst QB decisionmaking in recent memory. (Bills pre-Allen is a distant memory to me)

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't agree with this, he basically got given a fancy title while losing power to a GM. This is Denver firing him in a way to not actually fire their Hall of Fame QB.

He should walk away.  The guy was stupid as a QB, and even dumber as a GM.  

59 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But the wishy washy ownership Promotes the guy that has failed year after year at Coach and QB?  I am fine with it but this shows the problem in the league.  What has Elway done to deserve a Promotion?

Yeah so he failed up.  He gets promoted and gains MORE power in the process.  Heck he is the defacto owner at this point.

Failed year after year at Coach and QB?  What?

You mean the guy that got the franchise its third Super Bowl by getting Peyton Manning and not even talking about Elway's own two Super Bowl Victories.

Broncos have never won a Super Bowl without the direct intervention of John Elway.

• Like (+1) 2