Here is the definition of Failing UP. In Denver

MAJBobby

14 hours ago, mannc said:

More important is the list of the QBs he could have drafted but didn't...I can think of one right off the top of my head...

So far he signed a HOF QB and squeezed all he could out of him.  So I'm surprised he didn't go after rivers/brady (or maybe they felt there wasn't enough there to win it in a year or two).  If Rivers retires, it makes too much sense for Reich to go after Wentz - but that could be an option.  They may also consider Jimmy G, or Darnold.  

There's also veteran wildcards like Ryan and Stafford where everyones like... noooo they wouldnt do that.  But new coach/GMs might see it as teardown time.  

GM might want a young QB, but Elway seems to always be a win now guy.  

17 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I don't agree with this, he basically got given a fancy title while losing power to a GM. This is Denver firing him in a way to not actually fire their Hall of Fame QB.

Exactly he is basically the owner right now.  Eventually if the team is sold, the new guy doesn't have a history with Elway so he could be gone.

It's really not much different than in Buffalo with the Sabres, most aren't happy with Pegulas there, and they've fired people and taken more power, but they can as they own the team.  Elway is the acting owner in Denver right now.