Bills 17th game next season vs. Washington

Estro

According to reports later last week the 17th game will oit the AFC East vs NFC East teamsnaccording to where they finished in their division that means we get the WFT.  Not sure if there has been any work if that'll be home or away (AFC & NFC will rotate each yr which conference plays the 9th home game)

12 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Their DL is scary.  The rest of the team not so much, but they did get better by dropping Cancer Haskins

The WFT will have another draft and a good amount of cap space to work with to supplement their other needs. With a competent QB in Alex Smith and a moderate amount of talent upgraded to their skill positions and secondary they will be a tough out. 

I liked the drama that everyone playing a divisional rival in the final week set up the last few years.  Miami playing the Bills for their playoff lives.  Cleveland needing to beat the Steelers to get in.  Rams and Cards fighting each other for a spot.  That was good stuff.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I kind of feel like these 17th games will all be neutral sites. No reason other then gut feeling 

I doubt it.  Some of them maybe.  They'll pry alternate who gets that extra home game each season.

So now 3/17 games are against the team that finished in your same place the previous year.  Washington is a good draw for a 1 seed.  But I was thinking about this and in another year it could have been the Bills vs Packers and Dolphins vs Lions as the extra game....something like that could swing things under the right circumstances.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

The WFT will have another draft and a good amount of cap space to work with to supplement their other needs. With a competent QB in Alex Smith and a moderate amount of talent upgraded to their skill positions and secondary they will be a tough out. 

I don't know what team you were watching last nite, but Alex Smith is not a starting QB in the NFL any longer.  He can't move and is nothing more then a check down guru.  He may be better then Dwayne Haskins, but that is not saying much.  Redskins would have likely lost last nite if Doug Pederson did not purposely try and throw the game to keep the G Men out of the playoffs.  The Bucs will beat them by at least 14-17 pts next week.  

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Probably a dumb question someone could answer for me..

Is this 17th game literally going to be the 17th (last) game of the season, or will they just meld that extra game in teams' schedules and you might play that game any time throughout the season?

It is not set yet but most likely worked throughout season. The NFL likes having the division games at endo of year 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Estro said:

According to reports later last week the 17th game will oit the AFC East vs NFC East teamsnaccording to where they finished in their division that means we get the WFT.  Not sure if there has been any work if that'll be home or away (AFC & NFC will rotate each yr which conference plays the 9th home game)

Or we could meet them in the Superbowl on February 7.   🤣