Wentz appears to be on his way out of Philly - Healthy scratch today

Draconator

23 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Isn't Gase reputed to be a 'QB whisperer'?  Maybe he can sign on with Wentz as a 'package deal'! 😁

Yes as long as the QB is named Peyton Manning. I'll even go out on a limb and state we could have seen similar results with Ely Manning, that's how good Gase is!!

Hell I'll even throw in Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees!

I had read that the salary cap hit for the Eagles would be HUMOUGOUS. So much so, it's much better for them to keep me around as #2 at least next year than to have so much dead cap hit for nothing. Other dude is rookie so could turn out to be bad, or get injured, etc.

Being inactive and cutting him are two different things.  If they do cut him, Philly is going to struggle to be competitive for the next two years because of the MASSIVE dead cap hit.   

Then again, with the NFC East being a mess, they may be division champs a year from now

2 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

Being inactive and cutting him are two different things.  If they do cut him, Philly is going to struggle to be competitive for the next two years because of the MASSIVE dead cap hit.   

Then again, with the NFC East being a mess, they may be division champs a year from now

They save cap space by trading him next year.

I will say this.....Wentz isn't as bad as the Philly O is bad.  Not ONE week of O-Line consistency.....let that sink in.  NOT one consecutive week of the O-line being the same the following week.  Very few if ANY QB could overcome that.  Even the new dude is getting pressure and he is MUCH more mobile than Wentz.

All that being said - he is going to be a tough chess piece to move for Philly.  NFL being the way it is I am sure that it is possible....probable?  Not likely.

So glad the Bills have JA!!!

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I will say this.....Wentz isn't as bad as the Philly O is bad.  Not ONE week of O-Line consistency.....let that sink in.  NOT one consecutive week of the O-line being the same the following week.  Very few if ANY QB could overcome that.  Even the new dude is getting pressure and he is MUCH more mobile than Wentz.

All that being said - he is going to be a tough chess piece to move for Philly.  NFL being the way it is I am sure that it is possible....probable?  Not likely.

So glad the Bills have JA!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Great point re their O Line.   If the Bills O Line fell apart as badly as Philly's did, Bills fans would be screaming for the QB and HCs heads as well.  No OLine, no offense in the NFL.   No way to recover from a decimated OLine.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

The NFC East better not hope Alabama seeks entry as a fifth team?! 🤔

😁