Week 17 Regular Season finale Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Still up in the air. What if Allen and the offensive starters play the entire first half or even first quarter? Can Tua score enough to beat our back ups? White, Hughes and Addison are out but I would expect the rest of the starting defense to pretty much play at least the entire first half. I also expect scoreboard watching as well from McDermott. So unless the Browns are up two TD's on the Steelers I'm not certain the starters are coming out after just a couple series. 

0% chance Allen plays the entire half. 

You are right though, tua sucks and there is the chance he can't beat our backups. My point was you could have gotten 8.5 free points betting the dolphins early in the week. 

This L is going to fall on Allen's W-L record, just like Week 17 last year.

Allen will start the game, play a few series, Matt Barkley will play the rest of the game, lose, and then the L will fall on Allen since he was the starter.

Darn shame that Josh Allen will be credited with 2 Losses on his record (Week 17 last year and this year) simply because he was the "starter"

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Allen will start the game, play a few series, Matt Barkley will play the rest of the game, lose, and then the L will fall on Allen since he was the starter.

Darn shame that Josh Allen will be credited with 2 Losses on his record (Week 17 last year and this year) simply because he was the "starter"

Seriously, who cares.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Process said:

You are right though, tua sucks and there is the chance he can't beat our backups. My point was you could have gotten 8.5 free points betting the dolphins early in the week. 

For me, it is idiotic to play Allen or other big names for a small portion of the game.  If the concern for resting and, more importantly, avoiding injury is valid (and I think it is) he should not play at all.

Playing a portion of the game doesn't makes sense and is arguably the wrong move.

6 minutes ago, Process said:

I always find it odd when people say 0%. You are essentially saying it cannot happen. Why not say 1%? It's highly unlikely and still makes your point. 

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

If Buffalo wins in the playoffs, it won't matter.  That said, I hope he plays more than most people think he will.  I think a young team like this needs to learn how to dominate and they aren't there yet.  Yes, it would stink if Allen or Diggs were hurt in this game, but I just don't think you can think that way.

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

Seriously, who cares.

A lot of folks have mentioned things like this the last few weeks, who gets what record, stats-oriented concerns, and so on. I agree with you, that is not a valid concern.

The only rub is if a player has a bonus incentive written in his K for achieving X  and he would be able to earn the bonus if he plays today but not achieve it if he doesn't.  That situation gets a little sticky for the team.

But in general, stuff like who gets the "W" or "L", who breaks X yards on the year, and so on......WHO THE HECK CARES!

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If that's supposed to mean Josh and the best players are sitting, thank goodness! 

Will make for a boring, anti-climatic game, but who the hell cares!

It's all about next weekend and beyond now folks! 

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Too bad the NFL doesn’t score it like pitchers in baseball...if the QB leaves with the lead and his team ends up losing, the loss should go to the QB that blew the lead...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

How's their Quarterback? (Not the one with the beard. Can Tua even grow facial hair?)

He is the 2020 version of Tyrod Taylor so far.  He doesn't turn the ball over. He has set the record for highest TD to INT ratio for a QB with at least 200 attempts.  He just doesn't make enough plays to win at this point in his career. 

Best case outcome

Josh leads 2 straight TD drives, Tua throws an early pick and our backups hold down the fort, we win and finish 13-3.

Worst case outcome:

Our first team is sloppy looking for the exit because they know this is like a preseason game. Phins defense and run game looks much more motivated and we lose by 14. Pittsburgh wins and we play the Ravens next week. Doubt creeps in...... 

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

What a silly thing to care about.

• Haha (+1) 1

Week 17 is always depressing for me. Even being in the playoffs and a possible 2 seed. No more MNF or TNF, no more all day football on Sundays. We'll enjoy this one as much as possible before max anxiety starts next week with the playoffs 

Just now, Steptide said:

Week 17 is always depressing for me. Even being in the playoffs and a possible 2 seed. No more MNF or TNF, no more all day football on Sundays. We'll enjoy this one as much as possible before max anxiety starts next week with the playoffs 

Once again I am amazed how fast the Regular Season went by!

• Like (+1) 1