Week 17 Regular Season finale Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The chances of a Cleveland matchup going up

Yes, steelers have lots of guys out including Ebron, Watts, Edmunds and Pouncy.  If Browns can't win today, they may never beat Pitt. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The problem is you have to play some of the starters the whole game. For example look at the OTs. Nseckhe is inactive for illness. I assume the only backup there is Bates. 

I agree. Looks like they only have 7 active OL. They’ll have to play starters there for the entire game.

”Key” starters at skill positions will probably be pulled early 2nd quarter.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/tre-davious-white-jerry-hughes-inactive-for-bills-vs-dolphins-week-17

The Bills have announced the following players as inactive for the regular season finale against the Miami Dolphins.

10 Jake Fromm

11 Cole Beasley

25 Taiwan Jones

27 Tre'Davious White

55 Jerry Hughes

86 Reggie Gilliam

97 Mario Addison

77 Ty Nsekhe

Dane Jackson, Antonio Williams, Mike Love and Nate Becker will all be active for today's game.

Edited by Draconator
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I predict a lot of Yeldon today, potentially in the passing game 

Yeldon is Covid NFI.  I'm expecting we see a good amount of PS RB Antonio Williams.

Also expecting to see some of TE Nate Becker who has been on the PS for a couple of years.

It's pretty clear at this point.

The Bills want the number 2 seed and they want to win the game. They probably also would like to see Allen and Brown hook up a few times and Allen break the passing record. They will be scoreboard watching, and if it becomes clear that the Steelers are losing handily, they will pull starters. Otherwise, I STILL expect them to pull the starters after a few series. They want to win the game, though, so I presume they're hoping that Allen and co can put up a few scores before they sit for the day. I doubt we see many key guys playing deep into the second quarter.

That being said, obviously SOME key guys need to play the whole game. NFL rosters just aren't big enough to rest every single starter.

• Like (+1) 1