Jim Schwartz retiring? Taking at least one year off. Thanks for the great D in Buffalo

Draconator

5 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Yeah he's kinda' boned.........the old boy network of hiring retread HC's is going to be under an even greater level of scrutiny..........and he thinks he's more than a DC(which he ain't).

Edited by BADOLBILZ

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah he's kinda' boned.........the old boy network of hiring retread HC's is going to be under an even greater level of scrutiny..........and he thinks he's more than a DC(which he ain't).

Fletcher Cox is just starting to get old and Schwartz needs a 'generational' kind of talent at DT, so another smart move by him to avoid being exposed.

Always a Jim Schwartz fan.  To be successful at the coordinator level takes a lot of work and a lot of hours.  I'm pretty confident that Schwartz is a guy who never slowed down.  He's been at it a long time and maybe a year off is what he needs.  Seems like a great dude and he was fantastic during his tenure in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Goodness only knows what would have happened if he had stayed, either as HC, or as part of a package with an Offensive HC who had the sense to retain him.

One thing I would be certain of, is that D the next season, would have been top 3 comfortably, and not the disaster Ryan turned it into.

Providing he doesn't end up against us in the AFCE, I can only wish him well, in whatever he decides to do.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does take a year out, as I always thought he was a pretty 'hands on' type of coach, and this last year may have been more frustrating for him because of that.

37 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Goodness only knows what would have happened if he had stayed, either as HC, or as part of a package with an Offensive HC who had the sense to retain him.

One thing I would be certain of, is that D the next season, would have been top 3 comfortably, and not the disaster Ryan turned it into.

Providing he doesn't end up against us in the AFCE, I can only wish him well, in whatever he decides to do.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does take a year out, as I always thought he was a pretty 'hands on' type of coach, and this last year may have been more frustrating for him because of that.

Not so sure. Some would argue Mario fell off the cliff in ‘15 after playing up to his record contract for three seasons in Buffalo.