Tua benched again - will start in Buffalo week 17

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think McD plays this game like the division is on the line.  Everyone plays and we’re all in for the W.  Keep rolling.  Change nothing 

This

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Great game. No doubt Fitz scares me way more than Tua. Tua just looks like a left handed version of Tyrod to me. Plus people keep talking about his lack of turnovers but he got real lucky on a couple last night.

It'll be interesting with this constant benching whether Tua starts forcing it down the field more to try and make bigger plays. I hope so as he doesn't have a very good arm

Hes not even close to tyrod capabilities.   He isn't fast and has a worse arm.  I'm not sure why people love Tua.   His upside is mariotta. 

i’ve flipped on this.  i wanted Miami but now i think it’s bad mojo to try and orchestrate your opponent.  Just play out the schedule with the most common sense possible and see where the chips fall.  Play to beat NE.  if we win and the seed is locked in then do what teams normally do and rest some key guys that are banged up.  play to beat Miami but not at the expense of critical players getting hurt more.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Ummm.... I'm not sure. - Album on Imgur

I don't want any part of a Fitz-led team in the playoffs. He's a witch, I'd rather play Baltimore.

#roastme

I agree.  Fitzmagic makes for a scrappy game.  Tua, Buffalo scores some Tds early it falls off the rails.

9 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

For all we know, in McDermott's mindset, that was the reason the team played so stagnant for half the game against Houston. McDermott compared to last year has changed from a conservative mindset to an aggressive one. I honestly don't think McDermott will rest his starters come week 17

They played great in the 1st half of the playoff game though... seems like it would be the other way around if they came in flat having played backups and losing the week before 

The plus for the Dolphins may be that by continuing to throw Tua out there and having Fitz come in late, they are getting enough film on Tua to decide whether they need to take another QB with the Texans top 5 pick. If I am Dolphins fan I am less than thrilled from what I have seen out of Tua on the field. He seems like a good kid i just don't see any physical tools there and combine that with him being pretty short in stature I don't see him being a long-term answer. As of now he is being shown up by his former teammate Hertz. 

Tua looked like Chad Pennington post shoulder injury out there. Some Miami fans are blaming Gailey, but there were several throws Tua had outside the hash marks that made Fitz’s arm look like Josh Allen’s. I’m guessing that’s why Gailey doesn’t call many deep passes with Tua in at QB.

15 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The plus for the Dolphins may be that by continuing to throw Tua out there and having Fitz come in late, they are getting enough film on Tua to decide whether they need to take another QB with the Texans top 5 pick. If I am Dolphins fan I am less than thrilled from what I have seen out of Tua on the field. He seems like a good kid i just don't see any physical tools there and combine that with him being pretty short in stature I don't see him being a long-term answer. As of now he is being shown up by his former teammate Hertz. 

The Dolphins have selected quarterback Tua Tagovailoa with the No. 5 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. 

dumping him is admitting a big mistake 

it’s the Josh Rosen scenario all over again 

Dink and dunk passing offenses are not working 

even with experienced QB’s 

just ask Big Ben. 

20 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's like we're watching the Flutie Curse unfold in real time for the Dolphins. What the hell is Flores doing?

Flores is a genius, elite communicator and Tua is going to be great.... says the media, because, reasons.

On 12/27/2020 at 2:27 PM, BullBuchanan said:

It's like we're watching the Flutie Curse unfold in real time for the Dolphins. What the hell is Flores doing?

4 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

This is like the flutie rob Johnson fiasco moved to miami

Who is RJ and who is Flutie in this case?