Minshew an option as backup QB?

Mountain Man

It looks like the Jags will get Lawrence now in the draft, and have multiple QBs already. How would people offering a late day 3 pick to get Minshew as backup QB? He'd be cheap, shown some talent in a terrible offense and importantly is more mobile than Barkley so offers an easier fit if needed to play. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I would give nothing for him. I’m not even sure id call him and upgrade from Barkley. There will be plenty of low end backup guys around this offseason I wouldn’t waste a pick on him. 

If you plan on spending a late pick on a QB prospect. Might as well spend one on a proven commodity.

No idea what the price would be for Minshew

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

It looks like the Jags will get Lawrence now in the draft, and have multiple QBs already. How would people offering a late day 3 pick to get Minshew as backup QB? He'd be cheap, shown some talent in a terrible offense and importantly is more mobile than Barkley so offers an easier fit if needed to play. 

Have one, actually have 2.  Develop Fromm and flip him.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

If you plan on spending a late pick on a QB prospect. Might as well spend one on a proven commodity.

No idea what the price would be for Minshew

They just spent a late pick on Fromm. I’m sure they can sign a free agent on the cheap this offseason if they choose. 

• Like (+1) 1

Minshew is awful.

Pass.

Let's see what Fromm is all about.

26 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The days of keeping the backup as weak as possible so that the starter isn’t threatened should be over.

Name one backup that would threaten Josh Allen.

This I want to hear.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1