Week 16: Bills at Pats on MNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I want 51 - 3

At the end of the 3rd - then Bellicheat storms off the field in a hissy fit never to be seen again

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Again what is "running up the score " to a bunch of professionals..grown a** men. Playing football.

Do fans complain when some D1 college beats a lesser opp by 50 or 60 points .

They may be professional, grown men but at some point it goes from being a matter of getting beat and getting your pride pissed on.  That's when you start to worry.  Think of Owens when he stood on the Dallas Star and got crushed by the Dallas player. 

Things can get chippy really quick when your getting beat like that.  There was even a shot of the Denver sideline the other night of Chubb and Harris yelling at each other. 

They made up later but these guys still take what they do seriously.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Again what is "running up the score " to a bunch of professionals..grown a** men. Playing football.

Do fans complain when some D1 college beats a lesser opp by 50 or 60 points .

you don’t pay much attention to the NFL outside of your Pats fandom do you?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3084539

https://musketfire.com/2019/09/21/kyle-van-noy-patriots-running-score/amp/

https://nypost.com/2015/09/28/patriots-running-up-score-as-deflategate-revenge-and-15-more-nfl-thoughts/amp/

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, John Gianelli said:

When they were scheduling the Monday Night games last summer, they were probably worried: "Do we really want to take a chance on a game where a team that's out of the playoffs will be playing one who's already clinched the division?"

I love the irony.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

They may be professional, grown men but at some point it goes from being a matter of getting beat and getting your pride pissed on.  That's when you start to worry.  Think of Owens when he stood on the Dallas Star and got crushed by the Dallas player. 

Things can get chippy really quick when your getting beat like that.  There was even a shot of the Denver sideline the other night of Chubb and Harris yelling at each other. 

They made up later but these guys still take what they do seriously.

it's nonsense to think most coaches and players care about "running up the score" . Most of them would look at you like it's our job to stop the other team from scoring especially old school coaches.  This ain't baseball where some "unwritten" rule was violated.  What Owen's did yes i can see that as being disrespectful and players taken pride in who they are and who they play for, i expect most to say It's our job to stop them from scoring....now IMO if a team is doing  late in a game for the sole purpose to break a record, to me that is something to gripe about.  

if the bills beat the pats 50-10 or some ridiculous score. That's on the patriots defense.

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Clearly you don't know what I know .

passage from one of your links

As for Gibbs, he didn't have a problem with Belichick's tactics, The two coaches shook hands after the game, although they certainly didn't make a lot of small talk.

"No, I have no problem with anything that they did," Gibbs said. "Nothing, no problems from me."

If you missed my pervious post...i said most coaches and players do not complain about that crap...just as most players and coaches do not "tank"

I have seen Bill Parcells (for example) scruff at anyone bring up "running up the score" on another team 

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, wjag said:

The deterioration of his game is stunning.  Some of those throws yesterday were really bad.  The Patriots know how bad he is. That’s why they made him into a RB that’s playing QB. 

I don't get the empty backfield, direct snap and he just tries to run.  He's very slow and those plays don't make sense

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

Well seeing that they have reduced kickoff returns..I guess your wish will have to be done another way.

Yea i don't deal with conspiracy theories...

No theory there dude.....there is a reason for all the fines and loss of draft picks.  No theory just a Cheatriots fans head deep in the sand.  The fans I respect are the ones that say yeah they cheated, they got caught and they paid a price.  Albeit a very small price but they paid.  This crazy talk of conspiracies and being held to a different standard and what not???  Sorry man that crap don't fly here. 

They got caught, they got fined , they lost draft picks.  Where is the conspiracy except in your head????

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

No theory there dude.....there is a reason for all the fines and loss of draft picks.  No theory just a Cheatriots fans head deep in the sand.  The fans I respect are the ones that say yeah they cheated, they got caught and they paid a price.  Albeit a very small price but they paid.  This crazy talk of conspiracies and being held to a different standard and what not???  Sorry man that crap don't fly here. 

They got caught, they got fined , they lost draft picks.  Where is the conspiracy except in your head????

Never denied "spy gate" what i am talking about is the details that people drum up and speculate what exactly the patriots were doing ...also referencing the poster's  comments about "the fishy stuff" that goes on in Boston. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

4 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Never denied "spy gate" what i am talking about is the details that people drum up and speculate what exactly the patriots were doing...also referencing the posters i was replying to comments about "the fishy stuff" that goes on in Boston. 

Well seeing that it is Boston there is bound to be "fishy" stuff close by, sarcasm by the way if you didn't get it.  I can agree there is alot of speculation but as they say....where there is smoke, there is fire.  No denying that......there is much more that went on that didn't get caught outright.  With Robert being basically Goodells boss also led to things being....lets say "managed".

Edited by Kwai San

12 hours ago, sullim4 said:

Tell that to the 2007 version of myself that traveled from Seattle and sat in the November cold, for that Sunday night game where the Bills got whooped 56-10.  The "highlight" that comes to mind - Belichick going for it on fourth down twice in the third quarter, up 35-7 one time and another time up 42-7 right at the end of the quarter.

This isn't even my main issue with that franchise.  The lopsided benefit of the doubt on every controversial officiating call, constantly walking the line of the rulebook in controversial ways just to needle opponents (e.g. the consecutive false start penalties against the Jets), digging through the garbage of their opponent's hotel rooms, spygate, deflategate, taking cheap shots at their opponents after big plays (Gronk on Tre White)... the list goes on and on.

I wish that franchise nothing but ill will and failure.

I could not have put it better myself.

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Never denied "spy gate" what i am talking about is the details that people drum up and speculate what exactly the patriots were doing ...also referencing the poster's  comments about "the fishy stuff" that goes on in Boston. 

Multiple teams over the years have indicated that their headsets would inexplicably be disconnected while playing at New England.  Anecdotal, sure, but as others have said, where there is smoke there is fire.  The Patriots are known cheaters and dirt bags.  And they are out of the playoffs and in a rebuild.  Enjoy it!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Multiple teams over the years have indicated that their headsets would inexplicably be disconnected while playing at New England.  Anecdotal, sure, but as others have said, where there is smoke there is fire.  The Patriots are known cheaters and dirt bags.  And they are out of the playoffs and in a rebuild.  Enjoy it!!

Didn't Flutie also say that Brady's headset would never cut off even after the 15 seconds left on the play clock while he was on the team?

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I know I will....

• Awesome! (+1) 1