How do we keep Daboll around?

Nothing the Bills will do can make him stay. Sure, if you said we'll give you 25 million a year then he may consider it, but the other owners in the NFL are unlikely to just let such an escalation in salary occur without... interference even if the Bills would do it. You can't even fire McDermott (not that I would do that) to give him the HC job here because that would be such a dysfunction. 

He's going to take a HC job. I think he's done an awesome job, but I don't think it's going to bottom out without him. There are other good OCs out there and working with Allen is going to be attractive (if they don't promote someone on staff)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

I fear my worst nightmare will materialize, Daboll will end up with the Jets and we'll have to face him 2x a year.  Lawrence, Watson and Herbert are all attractive options for him but the most appealing situation will have to be those extra 2 first round picks the Jets get from the Jamal Adams trade. Thanks to BOB, the Texans traded away 2 first round picks AND a 2nd rounder for Laremy Tunsil so Texans will be short-handed draft-wise and not in great cap shape.

The Jets are an absolute nightmare of an organization. Chargers and Texans look like the best options 

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Surely there are enough Bills fans who look similar to Daboll.  Bills Mafia grabs Daboll on the way to interviews, substitutes 'Dabollganger'.  The pantomime Daboll advocates that the interviewing teams will find success running an overage running back for two downs, a screen pass on third down, and a punt.  All teams pass on Daboll's services.

McBeane! You heard the man. Commence Operation Dabollganger, post-haste!

3 hours ago, KGun12TD said:

I can’t see how we keep him after winning the Super Bowl this season.

Best of both worlds I think but which team will wait that long to hire head coach knowing that head coach will have trouble getting staff,

Fairest thing would be NFL to make rule that no coaches can be hired between end of regular season and end of Superbowl unless death or significant illness occurs which would prevent coach from coaching following year. This would ensure insure that all coaches including some "minority" (black) coordinators got equal shots.

woo hoo J E T S Jets Jets JETS! lol! glad they won

5 minutes ago, mabden said:

Give Daboll a lot of money in an extended contract with a clause stipulating that if the Bills win a Super Bowl,  he is free to pursue Head Coaching options.

I have never heard of this done before but i am game... no cap space needed to over pay a coach.. don't count as cap.. pay the man lol

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The Jets are an absolute nightmare of an organization. Chargers and Texans look like the best options 

Yup, nobody with a brain takes the jets HCing job don’t be shocked if they keep Gase...😂