promotion another 

I've been critical of Daboll many times 

I’m not a fan of the lateral passes to Joshes left 

I cringe every time I see it 

but the behind the back “statue of liberty” play ruined  by the penalty was  😡

25 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

thats one way. 

promotion another 

What the hell are you promoting him too? Even if you don't believe McDermott is much more central to the team's success than Daboll (spoiler: he is).. firing the head coach of a playoff team for one of his coordinators would be dysfunction to such an extreme level that the job would be poison for years and years. On top of that, Daboll would never accept and still leave because you don't want to be the guy who took a HC job as a coordinator from another coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

It's not.

All it takes is Allen to regress next year and he doesn't get a sniff.

That's why it's called "strike while the iron's hot," not "it will be even hotter next year so wait."

It is,

If you have confidence in what you are doing. Clearly you would need some confidence going forward in which ever decision you would reach. Being a good OC is one thing, a good HC another.  Learning from McD is a good way to help acquire the knowledge and have the best chance at longevity as HC because the chance may only come once.  Fail, the 2nd chance may never come again IMO.

Allen regress? Ha

Edited by Figster

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Why would Romo leave his cushy job making insane money to be a coordinator making less money and working a stupid amount of hours more?

He most likely wouldn’t, unless he aspires to be a head coach one day. But that still doesn’t stop me from wishing/hoping he would (if Daboll left for a head coaching job, that is). 

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

He most likely wouldn’t, unless he aspires to be a head coach one day. But that still doesn’t stop me from wishing/hoping he would (if Daboll left for a head coaching job, that is). 

I think the bearded one has coach material written all over him. Current playbook with some adjustments from Fitz who has taken in a wealth of knowledge from Chan Gailey. One of the leagues most innovative minds IMO.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:36 AM, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

At one point I didn’t think I’d ever be saying  this but How can we convince Daboll to stay for a while longer? This offense is so fun and rolling right now. 

He will get his head coaching opportunity, whenever he wants It. 

Part of me hopes The lure of continuing to coach Josh and Diggs could be a factor. Or maybe he might find finishing the job of bringing our first Super Bowl to Buffalo would be the ultimate accomplishment before he leaves.

I know it’s everyone dream to get the gig but it doesn’t always pan out for everyone. Maybe it will for him but our window is the next few years. I am a bit nervous about anything that could set this team back going forward.

We bring him back when he fails as a HC.

• Like (+1) 1

Everyone saying Daboll may decide to stay if offered a head coaching job: I know he’s from Buffalo but I don’t see it happening.

He went for the Cleveland Browns job last offseason and never pulled his name from the running (as some others did) even as the search dragged on into the offseason. I remember being somewhat annoyed (especially when I heard he was under serious consideration for the job), saying that it’s getting tougher and tougher to replace him if he leaves because everyone else hired their head coaches and started filling out their staffs.

It looked to me like he would have taken the Cleveland job if offered.

I don’t see him turning down a head coaching opportunity. But it’s not worth worrying about unless/until it happens.

Edited by BillsFan4

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Everyone saying Daboll may decide to stay if offered a head coaching job: I know he’s from Buffalo but I don’t see it happening.

He went for the Cleveland Browns job last offseason and never pulled his name from the running (as some others did) even as the search dragged on into the offseason. I remember being somewhat annoyed (especially when I heard he was under serious consideration for the job), saying that it’s getting tougher and tougher to replace him if he leaves because everyone else hired their head coaches and started filling out their staffs.

It looked to me like he would have taken the Cleveland job if offered.

I don’t see him turning down a head coaching opportunity. But it’s not worth worrying about unless/until it happens.

It’s not worth worrying about if it does imo.

• Like (+1) 1

Here is the list:

Robert Saleh - Play Calling DC

Eric Bieniemy - Non Play Calling OC

Brian Daboll - Play calling OC (QB Development under belt) (BB and Saban Tree)

Arthur Smith - Play calling OC (QB Development and reclamation under belt)

Jerod Mayo - LBer coach (BB Tree)

Patrick Graham - Play Calling DC (BB Tree)

Dennis Allen - Play Calling DC

Joe Brady - Play Calling OC (QB development - Joe Borrow)

Think those are the major Front Runners, alot of other names. Left the college names out like (Lincoln Rilley, Matt Campbell, Todd Monken, Marvin Lewis, Jim Harbaugh)

There is also always the Trade rumors surrounding the other Harbaugh in Bal, and the Cohwer out of CBS every year.

How about we start up a gofundme and raise an extra mill in salary for him!!  Imagine how much love he would feel.  Unless he is hell bent of becoming a HC after THIS season, I think that gesture would keep him for another year.  Hopefully until we get a championship 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

How about we start up a gofundme and raise an extra mill in salary for him!!  Imagine how much love he would feel.  Unless he is hell bent of becoming a HC after THIS season, I think that gesture would keep him for another year.  Hopefully until we get a championship 

I think the Toronto Raptors fans tried this or something like it with Kawhi Leonard... he went to LA lol

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think the Toronto Raptors fans tried this or something like it with Kawhi Leonard... he went to LA lol

Yeah, but kawhi didn’t grow up in Toronto and a Raptor fan.  

and I don’t think they actually did.  Although they did raise money for Durants favorite charity after he tore his Achilles in the finals

Edited by NewEra

I believe I’d find that I curse as much at Daboll’s play calling this year as I have in the past (seems like it might as well be Frank Gore out there running those plays sometimes).  However, in sharp contrast, I find myself cursing far less and cheering far more at JA’s decision making and throws (that Niner game he was slinging the ball so friggin’ well, to the right targets and in tight spaces).  And, it makes me happy to see him throw the ball away instead of trying to make the impossible throw every time.

While you’d have to be a fool not to give Daboll a great deal of credit with JA’s development, and I’m not in that camp, there are surely a lot of other factors that also came into play with JA’s development this year (I know it’s a novel idea but perhaps JA himself played a big role).  

At the end of the day, I’d rather lose Daboll than Josh.  And, I have a great deal of confidence that McBeane have seen this day coming for a long time and I’ve learned to trust in their judgment when it comes to rebuilding the Bills’ infrastructure—not just the roster—so I have some optimism that they won’t ***** the bed on this one—it’s far too important of a decision especially taking into account McD’s defensive background, for them to not make the best offensive choice they can.  And, Buffalo is a place on the rise—who woulda thunk it???  

Best of luck to Daboll.  He’s earned his chance. 

Edited by biggerdaddynj