How do we keep Daboll around?

If we lose Daboll, I’d do whatever I could to get Tony Romo to come in as OC. Maybe his newly formed relationship with Josh Allen could be a draw? 

Im still hoping we can keep Daboll though. But if he gets offered a HC job, he’s most likely going to take it. It seemed like he was ready to take the Cleveland job last offseason (if it was offered to him). I don’t see why this offseason would be any different.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

If we lose Daboll, I’d do whatever I could to get Tony Romo to come in as OC. Maybe his newly formed relationship with Josh Allen could be a draw? 

Im still hoping we can keep Daboll though. But if he gets offered a HC job, he’s most likely going to take it. It seemed like he was ready to take the Cleveland job last offseason (if it was offered to him). I don’t see why this offseason would be any different.

Why would Romo leave his cushy job making insane money to be a coordinator making less money and working a stupid amount of hours more?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nucci said:

it's not always about the money...the money will be there....most coordinators want to be Head Coach

There is a big difference in pay for a coordinator vs a head coach (like 1 million vs 6 million on average) and the HC salaries are guaranteed.  You are a fool to stay in a one million dollar non guaranteed job and turn down 24 million guaranteed over 4 years for instance.  Yeah its not always about the money but when the money is that different, it matters.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He is not automatic "next" head coach material in my opinion.

I think he will definitely be in the running.

If he gets the offer, I assume he'll go, and there's nothing we can do about that.

I think its as good as done given the development of Allen and his creative offense.  There will be a bunch of opportunities out there.   Unlike Bienemy, Daboll runs the show in Buffalo on offense.

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I think it's very likely he ends up in Houston if he leaves.  

There's certainly some "buzz" about that

Although Houston kind of needs to re-stock on offense and the draft pickin's are slim

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/16/texans-bills-brian-daboll-new-coach/

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Why would Romo leave his cushy job making insane money to be a coordinator making less money and working a stupid amount of hours more?

Not to mention that one of the features of his job, for Romo, is that he gets to work from home most of the week and be near his family.

Why would he want to be away from them most of the week and weekends for 6 months?

If Romo had a passion for coaching, that's what he'd be doing now.

20 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I am curious how you know this?

He did say it was his opinion

19 minutes ago, Figster said:

Its possible Buffalo can convince Brian Daboll that by staying and helping a Bills Dynasty team off to a good start the opportunities will always be there and only get better and its true.

Winning Championships on a resume opens doors...

It's not.

All it takes is Allen to regress next year and he doesn't get a sniff.

That's why it's called "strike while the iron's hot," not "it will be even hotter next year so wait."

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Daboll stays great but Josh is going to be fine with whoever the new OC is. Josh IMO made Daboll, not the other way around. 

or maybe even more importantly, Josh has grown enough that he like some of the other greats are probably going to become much like an OC themselves.