Jets Fan Admitting Josh Allen is Better and Why

mykidsdad

I love going back to the comments in this thread on the Jets subreddit from Draft Night 2018...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nyjets/comments/8f7qv3/bills_traded_up_for_josh_allen_upvote_party/

Not only did they draft him. They gave up 2 second round picks to draft him. And Rosen was on the board. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This is the dream scenario. Holy *****. The Jets picked a good prospect. The Bills picked a JUGS machine whose settings are broken. I'm so happy.

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chewmylegoff said:

And there’s every chance delaying a year would still land him with the Jets.

Yep. At best, *if* he really didn't want to go there, he'd have to pull some sort of Eli stunt and even then.. he's still probably going to a bad team. There's no avoiding a bad team if you're the top QB prospect. 

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

A guy I work with has been scared for weeks that NE is going to toss the Jets game week 17. He said that the Jags would win/lose the tie breaker and take the first overall pick in the draft. Unsure if he is right on that, he is a Jets fan after all. 

I have heard this as well.  Heard about the hoodie hates the Jets and could stick it to the Jets and play the second stringers and throw the game so no Trevor for the Jets.  They said why would Bill want to play Josh A, Tua and Trevor as opposing QB's for 6 games when if they lose this last game to the Jets its then Allen x2, Tua x2 and maybe Fields x2 sounds a bit less scary as they try to rebuild that team

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Take ANYONE but Fields (he will become the best QB in that class).

Agreed. These guys have been compared to each other for years because they played High School ball near each other in Georgia. Lawrence was the prohibitive favorite going into the Elite 11 competition and Fields ended up outplaying him to win the whole thing.  I would not underestimate Fields, he will be very good in the NFL.  

21 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I can't imagine the Pats losing on purpose. But I think the math is right. A tie record, means the jags draft first.

Trevor Lawrence > any QB since Manning. I hope I'm wrong. I'm a Clemson fan, so I'm biased, but I've been watching the kid more closely, too.

It isn't losing on purpose, it is taking a look at your fringe players before the season ends so they can see more than a couple snaps a game. You know,  like starting Stidham last minute to get some more live action to see how he does under pressure. And if Billy B. thinks TL is as good as you do, then that move makes double sense with the opportunity to keep him out of the division. 

If Trevor is going to be as talented as you say, the last thing I would want is this version of Josh Allen AND the next Peyton Manning 4 times per year. 

36 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Darnold would have been a better QB had he went to Buffalo but his ceiling would have been nowhere near what Allen’s is.. Allen would have been out of the league in 5 years had he went to the Jets.. Maybe Darnold would’ve been a fringe top 10 QB here.. maybe..

Hardly

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Darnold would have been a better QB had he went to Buffalo but his ceiling would have been nowhere near what Allen’s is.. Allen would have been out of the league in 5 years had he went to the Jets.. Maybe Darnold would’ve been a fringe top 10 QB here.. maybe..

Allen would have been a stud had he went to the Jets; he would have been a stud literally anywhere he went. He would have had a much much better 2019 season than Darnold with Robby Anderson, Crowder, and Lev Bell. Which would have prompted the Jets to resign Robby Anderson. Main reason Jets didn't resign Robby was because Darnold was beyond atrocious when targeting him.

Josh Allen would be throwing TD bombs to Robby Anderson in 2020, on the Jets.

45 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I have heard this as well.  Heard about the hoodie hates the Jets and could stick it to the Jets and play the second stringers and throw the game so no Trevor for the Jets.  They said why would Bill want to play Josh A, Tua and Trevor as opposing QB's for 6 games when if they lose this last game to the Jets its then Allen x2, Tua x2 and maybe Fields x2 sounds a bit less scary as they try to rebuild that team

Tua is awful. He's not an NFL starting caliber QB. Just a college System QB. Dude will bust so hard.

Facing Tua 2x a year is phenomenal for the Bills, Pats, and Jets. I can promise you that Tua is NOT good.

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts

1 hour ago, boater said:

Lawrence train of thought:

• do I get my money early, but risk career injury behind their OL
  • or do I stay in school another year (some injury risk) and hopefully get a better situation

To stay in, or come out early, is a tough call for Lawrence. Depends on his ability to tolerate delayed gratification.

It gives him leverage. He doesn’t have to stay at Clemson for another year he just has to threaten he will. If it’s the Jets or Jags doesn’t matter,  he could use it to force a trade. 

I agree with him about coaching and FO personnel decisions.

Gase is in Miami, Miami is a hot mess. They shake things up, Gase leaves, Brian Flores comes in and within two seasons their new coach and organization has the team playing competitive football.

Gase comes to NJ and their Jets and within the same span of time has them playing the worst football in the league... so there is something to the argument about having the right supporting organization. Does anyone see Gase landing anywhere in the NFL after this last gig?

He needs to slink under some rock in the NCAA and hope that the stink wears off in a few decades.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I agree with him about coaching and FO personnel decisions.

Gase is in Miami, Miami is a hot mess. They shake things up, Gase leaves, Brian Flores comes in and within two seasons their new coach and organization has the team playing competitive football.

Gase comes to NJ and their Jets and within the same span of time has them playing the worst football in the league... so there is something to the argument about having the right supporting organization. Does anyone see Gase landing anywhere in the NFL after this last gig?

He needs to slink under some rock in the NCAA and hope that the stink wears off in a few decades.

Joe Flacco has been a better QB than Sam Darnold this season playing with the same team and same Coach.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont think that Darnold has the Desire and Want to (in order to get better).  Is he putting the work it, his mechanics are still as bad as they were in USC.

Take ANYONE but Fields (he will become the best QB in that class).

So if you listen to Josh talk about his mechanics and trying to change them...in the Pat McAfee interview and before SNF with Jac Collinsworth....especially Pat McAfee as a former player brought up the fear (indirectly stated):

--->if you try to change your fundamental mechanics to get better, are you going to lose what you're already doing, and get worse instead of better?

I think there are aspects of Darnolds throw that could be better, but he's chosen the path of "already good, don't want to go down that path of making a change"

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's mechanics that's holding Darnold back. 

I think it's on-field processing.  I think he understands the game very well when he's sitting in the living room, but when bullets are flying he struggles to decode, in their system, what does that defense mean to where he should go with the ball?  "What are his answers?" as Josh would say.  And I think that's something Gase hasn't done a lot to help him with, either with play design (Brett Kollman breaks this down in his piece "Kids See Ghosts" where he points out a screen is a good solution to what the Patriots were doing and Gase called exactly zero screens in that "Ghosts" game against Blitz Zero) or with whatever coaching approach he is taking.

As a result, I think Darnold has gotten worse than he was in his rookie year, instead of better.

When he knows where to go with the ball, he can make a beautiful beautiful throw.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

They will be making the argument that Lawrence is the best QB in the division once they draft him.

Whether he is it isn't depends on who coaches him.  If Allen went to the Jets under Gase he might be traded or cut by now. And I would take Darnold to back up Allen if offered.

15 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Allen would have been a stud had he went to the Jets; he would have been a stud literally anywhere he went. He would have had a much much better 2019 season than Darnold with Robby Anderson, Crowder, and Lev Bell. Which would have prompted the Jets to resign Robby Anderson. Main reason Jets didn't resign Robby was because Darnold was beyond atrocious when targeting him.

Josh Allen would be throwing TD bombs to Robby Anderson in 2020, on the Jets.

12 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

This

27 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Hardly

Jets did no good for Darnold, no good at all. Coaching staff sucked, the players around him sucked. No OL, no WRs. Allen totally benefited from the culture AND the “Process” that McD established here. Give props to McD where it’s due. Give props to Beane, Daboll and the Pegula’s. Allen walked into the perfect landing spot.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Whether he is it isn't depends on who coaches him.  If Allen went to the Jets under Gase he might be traded or cut by now. And I would take Darnold to back up Allen if offered.

How do you know the Jets would have hired Adam Gase in 2019 if Josh Allen was the QB?

Remember, the Jets were running Jeremy Bates' offense in 2018. Darnold was atrocious, leading to a new Offensive Coaching staff.

There's no guarantee that the Jets would have ever hired Adam Gase to begin with, had Allen been the QB. Maybe they hire a different HC based on the fit with the QB.

Either way, Josh Allen would have found a way to be very successful with the Jets. He inherited a WORSE Offensive Cast than Darnold as a rookie. In 2018, The Bills had LESS, not more, offensive talent around the QB than the Jets did.

it's not a really fair comparison for year 1. darnold was drafted to play right away...if the jests thought darnold was nfl-ready they sure didn't put much around him to see if they were right.  

the bills never expected josh to play much his first year, he had to because tyrod got hurt

• Like (+1) 1