Jets Fan Admitting Josh Allen is Better and Why

mykidsdad

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Joe Flacco has been a better QB than Sam Darnold this season playing with the same team and same Coach.

I think Gase does alright with established QBs, and most coaches would, but he is no QB whisperer.

Would you really want Gase to develop your shiny new rookie QB - honestly?

Flacco was a 1st round pick in 2008 and has been in the league for 12 years so I would not be in a rush to attribute any better play from an established veteran at the QB position to anything Gase is doing better. That, and although Flacco may be putting up better numbers, the Jets are still pumping out the losses each week.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Jets did no good for Darnold, no good at all. Coaching staff sucked, the players around him sucked. No OL, no WRs. Allen totally benefited from the culture AND the “Process” that McD established here. Give props to McD where it’s due. Give props to Beane, Daboll and the Pegula’s. Allen walked into the perfect landing spot.

Wrong again.

Allen in 2018 inherited a worse OL and worse WRs than Darnold. 

He just showed way more promise and ability than Darnold, which convinced his franchise that he was "the guy" where as Darnold was just atrocious.

Not all Jets fans though, some Jets fans still think Darnold is better. Now Jets just need to sign Darnold for a long term deal instead of drafting a QB in 1st round. 😉

-----------------------------------------------

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/156626-josh-allen-evolving-while-darnold-regresses/?tab=comments#comment-4761606

I still think darnold is better than allen. Allen has a team around him and an offensive line. Darnold has no team outside of a left tackle and a coach who believes that players need to build around his offensive play calling instead of building his playcalls around the strengths of his players. I would be surprised if darnold doesn't take a leap foward after gase is away from him.

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I think Gase does alright with established QBs, and most coaches would, but he is no QB whisperer.

Would you really want Gase to develop your shiny new rookie QB - honestly?

Flacco was a 1st round pick in 2008 and has been in the league for 12 years so I would not be in a rush to attribute any better play from an established veteran at the QB position to anything Gase is doing better. That, and although Flacco may be putting up better numbers, the Jets are still pumping out the losses each week.

It doesn't matter. Stop making excuses for Sam Darnold. Joe Flacco >>> Darnold under the SAME CONDITIONS.

End of discussion. Darnold isn't even better than Flacco in 2020.

1 hour ago, mykidsdad said:

I can't imagine the Pats losing on purpose. But I think the math is right. A tie record, means the jags draft first.

Trevor Lawrence > any QB since Manning. I hope I'm wrong. I'm a Clemson fan, so I'm biased, but I've been watching the kid more closely, too.

I actually think he's breakable just like darnold.   While many have annointed him king i actually think Burrow and Herbert have better shots at being perennial pro bowlers. 

I can't argue that the Bills front office has put Allen is a position to succeed and the Jets' front office has been inadequate in supporting Darnold's development. 

What I take issue with is that the guy doing the video above gives Josh Allen no credit for any of his improvement.  His position is that the Bills made Allen, and while it's true that Beane, McDermott, Daboll, and Dorsey were all a part of the equation, the person most responsible for Josh Allen's success is... Josh Allen.  That seems to get lost in the equation somewhere.

Revamping the O-Line last year is not responsible for how Allen is now throwing the ball with touch and anticipation causing an almost 20% jump in his completion percentage from his rookie year.   Bringing in Beasley and Brown is not responsible for Allen no longer playing Hero Ball causing turnovers and making cringe worthy plays weekly.  Bringing in Diggs in not the reason Allen leads the entire NFL in 4th quarter winning drives and come from behind victories.

There is just something in Josh Allen that drives him to succeed.  Brandon Beane and the coaching staff didn't create that drive in him.  Brown, Beasley, and Diggs didn't cause him to move and rent a house so he could be close to his QB coach during the off season so he could continue to work on his craft during the COVID pandemic.  The revamped O-Line isn't the reason Josh is the first and last person in and out of the building everyday.

Saying that the only difference between Darnold and Allen is the difference between the Jets and the Bills is overly simplistic and short changes the drive that Allen has to be the best QB he can be.  Everyone says they want to be the best, very few have the drive to make that happen.  Did Darnold get hosed going to the Jets?  Absolutely.  Would Allen find a way to get better and evolve no matter where he went?  Absolutely.  That is what the gentleman in the video above fails to acknowledge.

It's time people start to acknowledge the simple truth, Josh Allen is the single biggest reason for Josh Allen's success.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

It doesn't matter. Stop making excuses for Sam Darnold. Joe Flacco >>> Darnold under the SAME CONDITIONS.

End of discussion. Darnold isn't even better than Flacco in 2020.

How am I making excused for Sam Darnold.

Is it not possible that both he and Gase suck separately or suck when combined. I was only pointing out the fact that Gase has sucked the life out of two teams where he has been the HC. I just believe that it is hard to lay all that team dysfunction at the feet of a kid fresh out of college.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Wrong again.

Allen in 2018 inherited a worse OL and worse WRs than Darnold. 

He just showed way more promise and ability than Darnold, which convinced his franchise that he was "the guy" where as Darnold was just atrocious.

Allen was a mess his rookie year.. Props to him, he bought into “The Process” and the rest is history.. Good coaching and a stable organization with GREAT OWNERS AND STAFF BENEFITTED HIM! 

I want to point out that I was flogged and beaten and slandered for having Allen as my #2 overall prospect in 2018 behind only Baker Mayfield. Get off me. I was his biggest fan on this board since 3 years ago. Lay off me. Many of you people just go with what’s hot at the moment and you miss out on the big picture. What you fail to realize is that the JETS organization is hot garbage and even if they DO draft Trevor Lawrence, HE WILL BE A BUST TOO.

Go back to the draft threads from three years ago. I loved Allen before 99.9% of you. If he went to the Jets it would be over for him.

8 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Not all Jets fans though, some Jets fans still think Darnold is better. Now Jets just need to sign Darnold for a long term deal instead of drafting a QB in 1st round. 😉

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/156626-josh-allen-evolving-while-darnold-regresses/?tab=comments#comment-4761606

This doesn't even make sense because Josh Allen is a physical freak. Darnold is okay for a mortal. Darnold can never be better than Allen physically.

9 minutes ago, WideNine said:

How am I making excused for Sam Darnold.

Is it not possible that both he and Gase suck separately or suck when combined. I was only pointing out the fact that Gase has sucked the life out of two teams where he has been the HC. I just believe that it is hard to lay all that team dysfunction at the feet of a kid fresh out of college.

Huh? Darnold's coach as a rookie wasn't Gase.

9 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Allen was a mess his rookie year.. Props to him, he bought into “The Process” and the rest is history.. Good coaching and a stable organization with GREAT OWNERS AND STAFF BENEFITTED HIM! 

I want to point out that I was flogged and beaten and slandered for having Allen as my #2 overall prospect in 2018 behind only Baker Mayfield. Get off me. I was his biggest fan on this board since 3 years ago. Lay off me. Many of you people just go with what’s hot at the moment and you miss out on the big picture. What you fail to realize is that the JETS organization is hot garbage and even if they DO draft Trevor Lawrence, HE WILL BE A BUST TOO.

Go back to the draft threads from three years ago. I loved Allen before 99.9% of you. If he went to the Jets it would be over for him.

Allen had 18 TDs to 12 INTs as a rookie with no OL and no WRs, and made game-changing plays with his legs. Hardly a "mess"

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Huh? Darnold's coach as a rookie wasn't Gase.

Allen had 18 TDs to 12 INTs as a rookie with no OL and no WRs, and made game-changing plays with his legs. Hardly a "mess"

If you watched the video that was the year that Darnold showed promise.

So... I am kind of done with your business.

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

If you watched the video that was the year that Darnold showed promise.

So... I am kind of done with your business.

Promise?

Yeah, like that 4-INT game vs Miami, including a Pick 6 with the score tied 13-13 to singlehandedly lose the game. I knew right then and there, the JETS knew right then and there "This is not the guy". Darnold was benched for Luke McCown after that disaster.

Darnold was trash as a rookie. The Jets hired Gase because trash deserves to be with other trash. Darnold and Gase are the perfect fit. They belong together.

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts

1 minute ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Promise?

Yeah, like that 4-INT game vs Miami, including a Pick 6 with the score tied 13-13 to singlehandedly lose the game. 

Darnold was trash as a rookie. The Jets hired Gase because trash deserves to be with other trash. Darnold and Gase are the perfect fit. They belong together.

I know what kind of fan you are.. The second Allen has a poor showing in the playoffs you’ll be right off the bandwagon.. You know what they say about wrestling with pigs.. I’ll give you the last word.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I was talking with a Jets fan friend and he said he and his son were lamenting the Jets taking Darnold over Josh. He said his son told him “but dad it wouldn’t have mattered, the Jets would have ruined him also.”  I said “maybe, but Darnold looks like the same guy as he did when I started paying attention to during his sophomore season in college and that was the when I realized I didn’t want him.”  He agreed with that as well. 

This☝🏾

The Jets have done him no favors, but Darnold has not improved in any discernible way.   He was a turnover machine at SC and he still is.  He makes some great throws and makes some plays with his legs, but it doesn’t happen at the same rate now because the athleticism in the NFL is too high compared to college.  That said, I thought he would be better.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Allen would have been a stud had he went to the Jets; he would have been a stud literally anywhere he went. He would have had a much much better 2019 season than Darnold with Robby Anderson, Crowder, and Lev Bell. Which would have prompted the Jets to resign Robby Anderson. Main reason Jets didn't resign Robby was because Darnold was beyond atrocious when targeting him.

Josh Allen would be throwing TD bombs to Robby Anderson in 2020, on the Jets.

Tua is awful. He's not an NFL starting caliber QB. Just a college System QB. Dude will bust so hard.

Facing Tua 2x a year is phenomenal for the Bills, Pats, and Jets. I can promise you that Tua is NOT good.

No...JA would not be a stud had he been a Jet

AFA the video.....guy was on point till he said if Jets had their act together ...he would still take Darnold over JA today....

Edited by TH3

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

No...JA would not be a stud had he been a Jet

AFA the video.....guy was on point till he said if Jets had their act together ...he would still take Donald over JA today....

1) Yes, JA would still be a stud on the Jets.

2) AFA the video...the guy wasn't "on point" at all...far from it. He ignored JA's rushing stats when comparing them to try and make Darnold out to be better, and gave zero credit to JA himself for his success. Basically, his point is that "Josh is only successful because of what the Bills did"...nothing he said in that video is on point.

• Like (+1) 1

Trevor Lawrence is not Andrew Luck. He’s the best of a mediocre QB crop and benefits from having the best college players next to Alabama at almost every position. There is absolutely no guarantee he’s going to be a good pro QB and its silly to talk about him as this can’t miss prospect. I could care less if the Jets draft him because they will likely destroy their next QB too. There are going to be a lot of coaching vacancies this year and just because the Jets might have the #1 pick doesn’t mean good coaching prospects will be flocking to go to that sht show of a franchise.

• Like (+1) 1