Jets Fan Admitting Josh Allen is Better and Why

mykidsdad

31 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I know what kind of fan you are.. The second Allen has a poor showing in the playoffs you’ll be right off the bandwagon.. You know what they say about wrestling with pigs.. I’ll give you the last word.

1) I am on the Josh Allen bandwagon until the day I die. I can promise you that.

2) Sam Darnold was TERRIBLE as a rookie. So bad that the Jets benched him for Luke McCown after his 4-INT self-destruction versus Miami.

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

Trevor Lawrence is not Andrew Luck. He’s the best of a mediocre QB crop and benefits from having the best college players next to Alabama at almost every position. There is absolutely no guarantee he’s going to be a good pro QB and its silly to talk about him as this can’t miss prospect. I could care less if the Jets draft him because they will likely destroy their next QB too. There are going to be a lot of coaching vacancies this year and just because the Jets might have the #1 pick doesn’t mean good coaching prospects will be flocking to go to that sht show of a franchise.

Trevor Lawrence isn't Josh Allen.

Trevor Lawrence will never be as good of an NFL QB as Josh Allen.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Well it's Fields or Lawrence for them either way.  

How the hell did the Jags beat the Colts?

Best case, New England tanks week 17.  Jags don't win another game.  Lawrence decides to stay. 

jags have at least 7 loses where it was just a one score deficit in the 4th. They have played close games.

they have had injuries at Wub.

Remrmber in week 1 Co,TS had a new QB in Rivers so this was a preseason game.

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

The video is garbage.

Calling Allen, currently, a top 15 QB?

Nah.

Top 5 is more like it.

There was more than a bit of homerism in that video and he did ignore Allen's rushing TDs, and the work Allen put in himself both during the season and offseason to correct flaws in his game and mechanics.

I always thought Allen had a higher ceiling, and that has never changed as he simply has rare physical abilities.

I also believe with better coaching and support Darnold could salvage his career with probably another team that could bring him along slowly, and support him.

The league and its history are littered with QBs that found more success after failing with their 1st team.

This is all conjecture, but hard to toss the 3rd overall pick after he fails under a coach that has not proven he can lead a team or a QB not named Manning to success.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

There was more than a bit of homerism in that video and he did ignore Allen's rushing TDs, and the work Allen put in himself both during the season and offseason to correct flaws in his game and mechanics.

I always thought Allen had a higher ceiling, and that has never changed as he simply has rare physical abilities.

I also believe with better coaching and support Darnold could salvage his career with probably another team that could bring him along slowly, and support him.

The league and its history are littered with QBs that found more success after failing with their 1st team.

This is all conjecture, but hard to toss the 3rd overall pick after he fails under a coach that has not proven he can lead a team or a QB not named Manning to success.

I’m far from calling Darnold a bust. 

I remember Gase and Tannehill.

Yeah.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’m far from calling Darnold a bust. 

I remember Gase and Tannehill.

Yeah.

Why do people keep making this comparison?

Tannehill was not a bad QB with Gase in Miami. He was a decent QB. He just wasn't great. But at least he was decent. He made accurate throws when they were there to be made. He actually graded well in Miami throw4throw by PFF. Tannehill had solid PFF grades in Miami with Gase, and his play in general was solid; He was NOT bad.

The same cannot be said for Darnold. Darnold has been absolutely horrible in every way shape or form. Eye test shows it. Conventional stats show it. Even PFF grades show it. (UNLIKE Tannehill, Darnold is at or near the bottom in PFF grading all the time)

To summarize:

Tannehill = Decent QB under Gase

Darnold = Atrocious QB under Gase

Decent and Atrocious are not equivalent.

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts

Just now, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Tannehill was not a bad QB with Gase in Miami. He was a decent QB. He just wasn't great. But at least he was decent. He made accurate throws when they were there to be made. He actually graded well in Miami throw4throw by PFF. Tannehill had solid PFF grades in Miami with Gase.

The same cannot be said for Darnold. Darnold has been absolutely horrible in every way shape or form. Eye test shows it. Conventional stats show it. Even PFF grades show it. (UNLIKE Tannehill, Darnold is at or near the bottom in PFF grading all the time)

To summarize:

They are making it because Gase is an absolute disaster and that has an effect on a QB.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Sign Sam "Ghosts" Darnold to be Josh's backup 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't hate that idea, actually. Those two are already friends. I thought he looked a lot better the past two years and just fell off a cliff (with the rest of the franchise) this year. He made similar improvements from year one to year two as Allen did. He is a top 3 draft pick do you know he has the physical attributes and potential.

Give him a couple of years in the process and he could be turned around.

31 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Tannehill was not a bad QB with Gase in Miami. He was a decent QB. He just wasn't great. But at least he was decent. He made accurate throws when they were there to be made. He actually graded well in Miami throw4throw by PFF. Tannehill had solid PFF grades in Miami with Gase, and his play in general was solid; He was NOT bad.

To summarize:

Gase isn't even trying anymore, though. He's just waiting for the season to end.

29 minutes ago, Beast said:

They are making it because Gase is an absolute disaster and that has an effect on a QB.

If Darnold had good weapons, he would just be a bad QB with good weapons.

If Darnold had a good Coach, he would just be a bad QB with a good Coach.

Darnold is a bad QB. This is the root of the problem.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont think that Darnold has the Desire and Want to (in order to get better).  Is he putting the work it, his mechanics are still as bad as they were in USC.

Take ANYONE but Fields (he will become the best QB in that class).

Nah. 

Hes going to have a ton of INT's in the NFL. He perpetually locks onto his first target regardless and struggles with reading the entire field. 

https://www.dynastyfootballlife.com/justin-fields

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

If I'm Trevor Lawrence and the Jets secure the #1 overall pick, then I'm going back to school. The Jets are an eternal dumpster fire for as long as they're owned by Woody Johnson. 

What's he going to do when the Jets have the #1 pick again the following year then?

• Like (+1) 1

The bloom was off the rose for Darnold starting in his final season at USC.  Defenses had sort of figured him out and were already getting him to turn the ball over in bunches.  I'm a UCLA guy and pretty much only watch Pac-12, and I was never high on Darnold and did not want the Bills to select him.  I think in the right situation he could be a Nick Foles kind of guy, but that's pretty much it.

I don’t know how you guys know who is going to be better than who when scouts and GMs dedicate their professional life to this and are usually wrong.  

It would not surprise me if the Jets do a bad job with whoever they draft or that Darnold is actually salvaged by another program. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

To summarize:

Problem  with you summary is that the Jets under Gase, and Miami under Gase, are not equivalent.  The Jets are far worse.  You can’t make a straight and simple comparison.  

Im not a Darnold fan and I’m no expert on his ceiling or on developing a QB.    Someone that needs a QB will give him a shot and if lands in a better place he just might improve. 

• Thank you (+1) 1