Jets Fan Admitting Josh Allen is Better and Why

mykidsdad

15 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I do, put him on a team that builds around him you have another Josh Allen.  Watch.  Than again whoever the Jets draft at QB I will not care to much they will kill him as well.

Justin Fields is more Haskins than he is Josh Allen. 

Be honest, what was your take on Haskins coming out (I'm pretty sure I remember it what your take was).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Well it's Fields or Lawrence for them either way.  

How the hell did the Jags beat the Colts?

Best case, New England tanks week 17.  Jags don't win another game.  Lawrence decides to stay. 

BB, I am tired of the high quality of QBs in the AFC..Oh, ok, lets add two more this year...:doh:

How many good QBs under 30 are there in the NFC, 2?  3?

Yes, I want Lawrence to stay in college badly so at least only 1 of the 2 AFC drafted QBs are good.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Most Jet fans have realized this for a while now. I spend some time over at Jetnation.com and every time the Bills are playing a primetime game, there's a huge discussion on their board about how much better of a QB Allen has turned out to be. Granted, most of them recognize that the situations the two QBs are in have a lot to do with it, but also recognize the work that Josh has put in to be better.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

BB, I am tired of the high quality of QBs in the AFC..Oh, ok, lets add tow more this year...:doh:

How many good QBs under 30 are there in the NFC, 2?  3?

Yes, I want Lawrence to stay in college badly so at least only 1 of the 2 AFC drafted QBs are good.

It's amazing isn't it.

The list in the NFC is:

Murray

Goff

That's it.  And I don't know how good either really is.  Goff looks like the worst QB in the league when he is bad.  I think Murray is good.  But when the only thing I seriously worry about when playing you is your threat as a runner, I have doubts.  

Daniel Jones, Wentz, Hurts....yea I'm not feeling like they belong in the discussion.

In 2021 in the AFC:

Mahomes

Allen

Watson

Herbert 

Burrow 

Lamar 

Baker

Lawrence 

Fields 

Tua

Lock---I think with Sutton back this will be interesting to see.  They give him 1 more year no doubt.   

That's at least 8 to as many as 11 of 16 teams that legitimately can say we have a franchise QB.  The oldest of them is Watson.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It's amazing isn't it.

The list in the NFC is:

Murray

Goff

That's it.  And I don't know how good either really is.  Goff looks like the worst QB in the league when he is bad.  I think Murray is good.  But when the only thing I seriously worry about when playing you is your threat as a runner, I have doubts.  

Daniel Jones, Wentz, Hurts....yea I'm not feeling like they belong in the discussion.

In 2021 in the AFC:

Mahomes

Allen

Watson

Herbert 

Burrow 

Lamar 

Baker

Lawrence 

Fields 

Tua

Lock---I think with Sutton back this will be interesting to see.  They give him 1 more year no doubt.   

That's at least 8 to as many as 11 of 16 teams that legitimately can say we have a franchise QB.  The oldest of them is Watson.  

Thank you for putting in print, BB, what has been bugging the crap out of me for the last year or so.

It is ridiculous the disparity between the two conferences and it is getting worse.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

16 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

I can't imagine the Pats losing on purpose. But I think the math is right. A tie record, means the jags draft first.

Trevor Lawrence > any QB since Manning. I hope I'm wrong. I'm a Clemson fan, so I'm biased, but I've been watching the kid more closely, too.

You can’t see this?  Really?  The Pats aren’t playing for anything at this point. By throwing the game, Belichick could keep Lawrence away from the Jets and improve his own draft position. It’s a perfect scenario for the Pats to improve themselves and keep from having to face Lawrence twice a year. 

Darnold will be a great back up QB for us in about 3 years when he burns out on his second team. 

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

i'm going the other way.....Darnold will be the next tannehill...

the jets are awful and have the least amount of talent.

I don't think so. Darnold was overhyped. His final season at USC was not good. He's basically been living off of two or three great games from his redshirt sophomore year. All the mistakes he has made with the Jets are the same ones he was making his final year at USC. 

9 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I highly doubt that. I would have dreaded Allen going anywhere other than Buffalo... Cleveland, NY, Arizona as I still think he would have developed into a good QB anyplace.

Lord, If he had fallen to Baltimore like Jackson...

I’m not saying that Allen would have been a bust in Cleveland or with the Cardinals, Giants and Broncos etc. I’m saying that he would have been a giant bust with the Jets. That organization is rotten from the top down. Obviously there’d be good landing spots for him outside of Buffalo.. The NYJ not being one of them.

13 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m not saying that Allen would have been a bust in Cleveland or with the Cardinals, Giants and Broncos etc. I’m saying that he would have been a giant bust with the Jets. That organization is rotten from the top down. Obviously there’d be good landing spots for him outside of Buffalo.. The NYJ not being one of them.

You would be 100% wrong. 

In 2019, Darnold had a healthy Robby Anderson, Jamison Crowder, and Leveon Bell for all 16 games. Arguably better than, or on par with, Josh's trio of Brown, Beasley, and Singletary. Yet, the results were vastly different.

Are you telling me Josh would not have succeeded with that trio? If so, you would be wrong.

The Jets would have resigned Robby Anderson this past offseason if it was Josh Allen throwing him the football in 2019 instead of Darnold.

Allen would still be a stud on the Jets.

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Was it Josh or the franchise that made the difference or some magical combination? 

That's the question I've always had regarding our past failures at QB. 

Even with other teams, how you handle these QB's is extremely important. I remember when we used to yank Losman & Holcomb back and forth, then Trent Edwards got thrown into the mix. Many times we had top-tier defenses, great rushing games, elite special teams, etc. but our coaching staff left a LOT to be desired. 

Some franchises just seem hellbent on ruining QB's, the Jets being one of them. In the past, teams like the Raiders, Browns, Redskins, Bills, etc. all looked like they were failing their QB's just as much, if not more, than their QB's were failing them. 

I almost feel Josh's 3rd year growth is in spite of the circumstances around him, combined with Daboll's play calling. McDermott essentially pulled the typical "ruin-your-rookie" Bills move with Allen his first year, pretty much doing virtually everything wrong. He was setup for failure, and given how McDermott handled Pick-Six Peterman, it didn't inspire much confidence. Thankfully the organization pulled their heads out of their a** and did everything they could to rectify that in year 2, and Josh's own work ethic helped him persevere.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

You can’t see this?  Really?  The Pats aren’t playing for anything at this point. By throwing the game, Belichick could keep Lawrence away from the Jets and improve his own draft position. It’s a perfect scenario for the Pats to improve themselves and keep from having to face Lawrence twice a year. 

I hope Belicheat tries to throw the game as well. However I have more faith in the Jets trying even harder to throw it.

19 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

I can't imagine the Pats losing on purpose. But I think the math is right. A tie record, means the jags draft first.

Trevor Lawrence > any QB since Manning. I hope I'm wrong. I'm a Clemson fan, so I'm biased, but I've been watching the kid more closely, too.

You may be right. And hey, you might be biased, but you've also seen him play consistently. 

I was in love with Mahomes when he was at Texas Tech (my alma mater) & I was still living in Lubbock. I watched him play in some crazy weather, put up insane numbers, and only lose games because Tech had like the 120th ranked defense in the country. Was I biased? Definitely. But I thought he was a perfect fit for the Bills, but was constantly told he was a "system QB." 

Now I'm hearing from people like you & others who follow Clemson who are putting Lawrence on the same pedestal. Given Deshaun Watson's success, and people I trust saying he'll be an even better pro than him, I really hope the Jets screw up & don't have the chance to draft him...or if they do, they pull a Jets & utterly ruin him 😂

Darnold was a safer pick.  Supposed to be a solid and dependable starter in the NFL

Allen was considered risky, had as high of a ceiling as they come, and general thought is he may need to season on the bench for multiple seasons.  Boom or bust potential.

We see what happened.  Through a combination of Allen's internal drive, his skill set, coaching infrastructure, and team construction, Allen is realizing his immense potential.  Darnold lacks the last 2, and the first 2 are questionable/unknown at the NFL level.

The thing with quarterbacks, is they seem to have a quick shelf-life before development halts.  If things don't work out, they generally go into the scrap heap.  This is even more true right now with so many really good, athletic quarterbacks, with more on the way.  

I think Tannehill is a poor example, because he was thought of as pretty decent in Miami.  He showed way more there than Darnold has shown for the Jets.  Darnold also has had a sketchy injury history thusfar.

Maybe a team like Minnesota, New England, Indy, Washington, Detroit take a flier on Darnold and try to develop him?  It is probably likely someone will be interested and try and have a reclamation project for a year, and worst case, Darnold leads them to the pick of the litter in the 2022 draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

“Allen turn into a really good qb” “would draft Darnold again over Allen”....

LOL, jets fans just can’t admit it....

What they can’t seem to understand that the reason Allen is Allen is because of that monster heart that beats in his chest, and his will to win.

Edited by George C
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, syhuang said:

Not all Jets fans though, some Jets fans still think Darnold is better. Now Jets just need to sign Darnold for a long term deal instead of drafting a QB in 1st round. 😉

-----------------------------------------------

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/156626-josh-allen-evolving-while-darnold-regresses/?tab=comments#comment-4761606

-----------------------------------------------

That thread was forum Gold. Sat in my hotel room and read the whole thing last night thoroughly entertaining 

10 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

That thread was forum Gold. Sat in my hotel room and read the whole thing last night thoroughly entertaining 

Its nice to see rival fans give Allen and the Bills so much respect after being in the toilet for nearly 2 decades.  Especially compared to the beginning of last year when most of them considered the Jets ready for contention with Darnold and Bell while the Bills would continue being the Bills.

This comment kills me days after reading it

"

So there still evolving and regressing? Wow.  In another year Allen will be prime era Dan Marino and Sam will be a pile of primordial ooze."

Edited by May Day 10
  • Haha (+1) 1