It's time for the Bills to beat Ben.

njbuff

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

They are going to go after Wallace all night long. It’s going to be hard to watch. He really needs to step up his game, SF was going at him tonight and I had to hold my breath each time.

I said this in the GDT. Wallace is always just inches off. He has good position most of the time, good recovery speed, plays the ball

well. But he is literally like 6-12 inches from

knocking the ball Away. It’s so frustration. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll tell you what, that Steelers offensive line looked REALLY impressive to me. And they mentioned Big Ben hasn't been sacked in 18 quarters of football. And he wasn't sacked today.

I think we can expect a very physical game in the trenches. I hope our dline is up to the challenge (and oline, for that matter).

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I said this in the GDT. Wallace is always just inches off. He has good position most of the time, good recovery speed, plays the ball

well. But he is literally like 6-12 inches from

knocking the ball Away. It’s so frustration. 

It's because he isn't a great athlete (compared to some of the freaks in the NFL, that is). He is a smart, consistent player, though. And he seems to not let emotions and pressure get to him. He just stays even keeled.

When you have an all pro on one side, the other corner is going to get victimized sometimes. He gets a ton of targets because they avoid White.

I guess I'm not as concerned as others are. Don't get me wrong, the Bills should try to upgrade. It would be amazing to have two really good corners. But you can do a lot worse than Wallace as a CB2.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'll tell you what, that Steelers offensive line looked REALLY impressive to me. And they mentioned Big Ben hasn't been sacked in 18 quarters of football. And he wasn't sacked today.

I think we can expect a very physical game in the trenches. I hope our dline is up to the challenge (and oline, for that matter).

That's because Ben throws the ball quickly now. Bills have to play press against the Steelers. I hope they do

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

That's because Ben throws the ball quickly now. Bills have to play press against the Steelers. I hope they do

I saw them pick up blitzes expertly and give him time. They are really, really good. Yeah, Big Ben does get rid of it quickly sometimes and that helps them out, but I was watching them and came away impressed by what they did.

And those receivers dropped like 1 million balls today. You have to know that will be emphasized for them all week. Hope they keep it up against us.

1 hour ago, billsfan714 said:

As a Bills fan in deep black Stiller country, I would sure enjoy it!

I used to live in the Pittsburgh area. I feel the same way, bro!

I do NOT like the Steelers!

52 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I’d rather beat them in the playoffs

I'd rather beat them both times. Let's go, bro!

7 minutes ago, Billznut said:

How many games has Roethlisberger actually played vs Buffalo? I can’t seem to find it anywhere online? He’s played what? Maybe 3-4 games against us?

That's what I'm thinking. The Steelers were close to or at the top in their division ever since he has been there most years, so we would face them only on the normal rotation. And he was out last time we played them.

Pretty sure McDermott has not faced Big Ben as Bills HC. So everything else is moot. Makes sense that a good Steelers team would beat our crappy drought teams.

Edited by MJS

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Respectfully, Disagree. This will be a tough one.

Their D is much better and more physical than the Niners. They will pressure JA like no other team.

And Ben has been great, except for this mini-slump the last two weeks. 

we are going to need to bring it! Wish this were a true home game!! 

This is going to be a really hard fought game, but their defense is starting to thin out.  Bush, Spillane, Dupree, and possibly Haden next week due to a concussion.  I think we can take it to them, especially when since they've lost a lot on defense.  

If they play like they did tonight they win easily. Pittsburgh is a good team, but not a great team. They have benefitted from a Charmin soft schedule(NFC East and AFC South) and playing 2nd/3rd string QBs in a few games as well(like the Bills did last year).

With a normal schedule, they are probably an 11 or 12 win team, but nowhere close to a team some thought would go 16-0.  

It will be a good game but the Bills offense should be able to move the ball and put up points on them. It will be up to the Bills D to step it up. The Steelers are OK on offense...nothing great.

They're going to likely have Pouncey and Conner back.  That's been a big reason for their struggles the last 2 games.  

Ben has only been sacked 10 times this year.  We have to cover.    

But as usual in mid December Buffalo the X Factor.  Forecast already saying 25 mph wind and freezing rain turning to snow. 

5 hours ago, Rubes said:

They are going to go after Wallace all night long. It’s going to be hard to watch. He really needs to step up his game, SF was going at him tonight and I had to hold my breath each time.

So most of the plays made on Levi are where the Bills want the ball to go. Short to intermediate completion, keep it in front. McDermott and Beane will not be calling him out for that - that is the scheme. The big play to Aiyuk however it looked like he got his leverage wrong. He had safety help so I think he should have been keeping outside leverage and forcing Aiyuk into the double coverage with the safety. Instead he let Aiyuk get outside. The Bills coaches will want him to clean that up. 

5 hours ago, MJS said:

It's because he isn't a great athlete (compared to some of the freaks in the NFL, that is). He is a smart, consistent player, though. And he seems to not let emotions and pressure get to him. He just stays even keeled.

When you have an all pro on one side, the other corner is going to get victimized sometimes. He gets a ton of targets because they avoid White.

I guess I'm not as concerned as others are. Don't get me wrong, the Bills should try to upgrade. It would be amazing to have two really good corners. But you can do a lot worse than Wallace as a CB2.

This post is right and the bolded in particular is key. The way the Bills play defense coupled with having an all pro who teams stay away from on the other side means Wallace is always going to have a lot of balls completed on him. To be fair almost any RCB in our scheme will. The great thing about Wallace is that he understands that and is mentally tough enough to just shake it off and play the next play. When Norman has been in there that has been the bit he has struggled with. He has got emotional and then overplayed subsequent plays. That isn't what the Bills want at that spot. They want a guy who can have a completion happen infront of him, tackle, wipe his face and play the next play the same. 

As I said above the deep ball in the 3rd quarter they will be frustrated with but overall what Levi is doing is playing his role in this defense. 

I'd love us to have a 2nd stud corner opposite Tre but that is not top of the priority list to be honest. Though the way it is looking it may be a position that makes sense if the last 5 or 6 picks of round 1.

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Respectfully, Disagree. This will be a tough one.

Their D is much better and more physical than the Niners. They will pressure JA like no other team.

And Ben has been great, except for this mini-slump the last two weeks. 

we are going to need to bring it! Wish this were a true home game!! 

Agree with the defense, they are legit, probably the best defense Allen will face all year.  Watching him last night, I think the end is near for Ben.  He never throws downfield anymore, granted this was the first time I watched him all year but I was shocked at all the dumpoffs he did.  He has been beat up pretty good over the years.  I think our D should be able to contain him.  Should be a good test.