It's time for the Bills to beat Ben.

njbuff

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Bills have NEVER beaten a Pittsburgh team led by Ben Roethlisberger.

It's about freaking time they beat him.

Yes but the Bills are undefeated against a Delvin "Duck" Hodges Steelers team. So we got that going for us.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

As a Bills fan in deep black Stiller country, I would sure enjoy it!

same.  my worry is the steelers wr corp.  white can only defend one.   

I think we win.  The Steelers appear a weakish 11-1 team.  

Edited by RyanC883

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

They're going to likely have Pouncey and Conner back.  That's been a big reason for their struggles the last 2 games.  

Ben has only been sacked 10 times this year.  We have to cover.    

But as usual in mid December Buffalo the X Factor.  Forecast already saying 25 mph wind and freezing rain turning to snow. 

Ben has far more experience in inclement weather games than Josh. I’d think bad weather would favor the Steelers. The last time we played the Steelers in the snow at home Leveon Bell had 236 yards on us and Ben threw 3 ints 

4 minutes ago, BFLO said:

Ben has far more experience in inclement weather games than Josh. I’d think bad weather would favor the Steelers. The last time we played the Steelers in the snow at home Leveon Bell had 236 yards on us and Ben threw 3 ints 

Actually i think the opposite, so far the Steelers haven't shown much of a run game or their usual physicality up front.

8 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t think it will be easy either but Pittsburgh doesn’t have much of a running game surprisingly.  I think the Bills will need to try to eliminate the big plays in the passing game.  They have some studs at WR though.  Bills will have their hands full and I’m a bit worried after watching Levi get picked on so badly 

That is the main thing.  They have a ton of weapons on their WR set.  

5 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

With that said, I think the Steelers will come out with the mind set to be more physical and try to run the ball (which has been their weakness) we will see how she goes.

That could be a mistake.  When you try to the run with an average attack it takes the ball away from one of the best receiving groups in the NFL

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

That could be a mistake.  When you try to the run with an average attack it takes the ball away from one of the best receiving groups in the NFL

Yeah you right but i think they will try to be more balanced between run and pass. (stick with the run more than they have) and use more play action, at least that would be my game plan against the Bills D. And it could be snow maybe wind and they gonna wanna start to make an effort to be more balanced in reaction to Washington loss and with play offs looming.

It's interesting that Ben has never played very well against the Bills, but is 4-0. Guess it helps to play against JP Losman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, and Tyrod Taylor 

2007 Ben went 21/34 for 242 Yards 1 TD 1 INT

2010 Ben went 20/33 for 246 Yards 0 TD 0 INT

2013 Ben went 18/30 for 204 Yards 1 TD 1 INT

2016 Ben went 17/31 for 221 Yards 0 TD 3 INT - the worst game I've ever seen from him. Leveon Bell had just shy of 300 yards and carried Steelers to victory

The Steelers haven't been playing well for the past few weeks (they just lost to the Football Team), and if that trend continues the Bills should win the game