Lock. Him. Up.

McBean

3 minutes ago, singlezero said:

i was  just scanning   the love  for the bills  last  night  on you  tube .   First  Things First   says  Josh Allen is  27  days  from  Contract Extension.  they    have   the  projected  contract at     4  Years  155.1 M    38.8 AVG.  Has  this  been   cited  elsewhere  and  what  are  others  opinions ?

I dont think they will extend him this offseason with the cap going down.  The projected cap for 2022 is 227,500.  I dont think he gets Mahomes money without winning a superbowl.  So if you make him #2 and normalize the cap, he gets 44.7 a year.   On a four year deal thats 179 million.

2 minutes ago, GoBills! said:

I think he comes in around 30-35 million and the rest comes from sponsorships (Tom Brady style) give him 4 years guaranteed with lots of incentives. 

That would be nice and an absolute steal. But probably not realistic. Anything below Watson's deal would be a great bargain. And Watson is at what $39 million per year?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Depends if the cap does drop to $175m or stay stagnant at $195m. If the former I think we wait a year. If the latter I think we extend him now. I reckon 5 years, $185m with $120m guaranteed. 

I still am having a tough time wrapping my head around the Buffalo Bills actually having a QB that is worth that much money.

But....they do.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

I still am having a tough time wrapping my head around the Buffalo Bills actually having a QB that is worth that much money.

But....they do.

Now now, I really think we should consider trading for Trace McSorley. He had one decent pass in garbage time the other night that made me think he could be the answer

- Bills fans 4 years ago 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I remember when Jim Kelly signed his new contract and was the highest paid QB in the league at the time. Nice to have that again!

i was looking for  confirmation  but    i believe   jim was the  first  milllion  dollar  a  year  QB and  the  highest  paid    for    a few days  until  Marino   signed  a few  days  later.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Depends if the cap does drop to $175m or stay stagnant at $195m. If the former I think we wait a year. If the latter I think we extend him now. I reckon 5 years, $185m with $120m guaranteed. 

I think this is about right.  Maybe a bit heavy on the guarantees, and a bit light on the total dollars.  The one lingering concern I have is a drop off w/o Daboll next year.  But this kid works harder than Wentz and is much more liked than Wentz, so a Carson-style problem shouldn’t be a concern. 

Along those lines, what say you about Daboll’s next landing spot?  Gotta figure Philly would be a good spot for him for family reasons.  The St. Francis/LAC connection might make it through black Monday, though, and that might be really interesting for both sides. 

3 minutes ago, singlezero said:

i was looking for  confirmation  but    i believe   jim was the  first  milllion  dollar  a  year  QB and  the  highest  paid    for    a few days  until  Marino   signed  a few  days  later.

Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly is the NFL's highest paid player with a 1987 base salary of $1.1 million, an NFL Players Association survey reported.

Kelly, who earned $1 million in base salary last year, edged San Francisco quarterback Joe Montana for top salary this year.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1987-03-11-8701150873-story.html

15 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont think they will extend him this offseason with the cap going down.  The projected cap for 2022 is 227,500.  I dont think he gets Mahomes money without winning a superbowl.  So if you make him #2 and normalize the cap, he gets 44.7 a year.   On a four year deal thats 179 million.

Pick up his option and extend him.  No new money until 2023.  Obviously, big signing bonus but spread out over contract.  Cap hit realitively the same until 23. Basically a 6 year deal.  I think its pending a playoff win though.  Longer you wait more expensive it becomes.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, singlezero said:

i was  just scanning   the love  for the bills  last  night  on you  tube .   First  Things First   says  Josh Allen is  27  days  from  Contract Extension.  they    have   the  projected  contract at     4  Years  155.1 M    38.8 AVG.  Has  this  been   cited  elsewhere  and  what  are  others  opinions ?

They are wrong. I have it at 155.27M

• Haha (+1) 1