AJ Klein named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

I mean, bosa got completely clubbed aside on that big moss run on the FG drive that basically won the game. 

Bosa also got totally blown up by Moss on the TD pass to Knox.  Just LEVELED.  I put stills of it up elsewhere.  Moss p'wned him.  FredEx on Watt level block.

39 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I was thinking that same thing, happy for AJ but Bosa deserved it, we couldn't stop him.

Except of course, when we did....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bosa also got totally blown up by Moss on the TD pass to Knox.  Just LEVELED.  I put stills of it up elsewhere.  Moss p'wned him.  FredEx on Watt level block.

He did miss that play on ekeler, but on several others he corralled him for a limited gain.  Blew up a 3rd and 1 to force a FG.  Broke up a pass on 3rd and long.  The sack on the last drive basically iced it.  There was a minute left down 10 by the time they re-set.

30 minutes ago, K-9 said:

No thanks. His lack of range is already enough of a liability and it would be magnified with him playing in the middle. 

Agreed.

He has played a few good games, but hes not someone I want to pencil in as a starter.  Can he be a starter? In a pinch yes, but if he was a starter that is a place I'd want an upgrade.

I think he is good for what he has been. He can be a spot starter and a good backup.  As a starter he is capable of having a very good game and also a bad one.  Even the last couple of games were he as played good though, the 'eye test' has shown me more than a few times where he was behind the play, chasing someone from behind (and not catching them) or getting run by in coverage.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Agreed.  

Congratulations to Klein.   It’s good for him and the team.  However, Bosa was looked all world on Sunday. 

I’m sure Bosa can console himself knowing he is the highest paid defensive player in the history of the nfl.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please do not confuse irrational ranters with facts.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

They will if it’s a one score win when most of the points come from field goals. Definitely not gonna get defensive player of the week when your team loses by two scores unless the defensive player out scores his offense. 

Bass should have won ST Player of the Week for the Arizona game but didn’t because of the Hail Mary loss. I can’t remember who won it but it didn’t appear like a close performance to me at the time.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He had a very good game, but this award is a joke.  Joey Bosa deserved that award, and it ain’t debatable.

Yes, but Bosa was able to feast on Dion Dawkins most snaps.  In contrast, Klein was blocked on many plays.  

Read the other day story about Klein and he commented how he had never played the position/role the Bills were asking him to play so took some time for him to figure things out.  Makes me wonder if that was part of Edmunds issue to, that too often he was trying to cover for Klein being out of position or something, or at least watching him out of the corner of his eye for help rather than reacting first himself?

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

My God.  Rex Ryan was right when he said..  The Bills Defense will improve as the season progresses  

No one knows defenses like Rex!!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I had to think about this.

On the one hand, Bosa 100% "popped" more on film.  He was a disruptive force, no doubt.  But at the end of the day, his team lost.

I didn't do a "Bosa hunt" to look at his impact on the Bills "big chunk" plays, but when you have a team that's built a rep as a poor running team rack up 172 yds rushing against your team (that is the highest total they've had this year, and the 2nd highest was against a noted good rushing team), it's possible he might have had some role in that somewhere.  Now it may have been his assigned role - the Chargers kind of "sold out" to limit our passing game and we said "OK, we'll run then" - but still, it's something that's looked at.

Bosa is there to attack the passer and get in the backfield which he did in speculator fashion, I am not going to lay the "blame" for our running success on a Defensive end.  I also cant blame him for some idiotic decisions the Chargers had late in the game.  Yes his team lost but It was like Otis Anderson winning the SB MVP in in 1991 when clearly Thurman Thomas had a far superior game.

Re name the awards then, have SB MVP for the winning team and Player of the week for the winning team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sure Bosa can console himself knowing he is the highest paid defensive player in the history of the nfl.

Until he's not anymore and someone surpasses him, then what does he have left? 

oh wait, millions! and the rock means MILLIONS of dollars. 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Please do not confuse irrational ranters with facts.

Not really sure how it's an "irrational rant" to point out that Klein made a big mistake on a play that was his responsibility and it cost the Bills points. 

There's a difference between making a mistake like Klein vs Bosa who was blown up by blocks on a few plays. 

Even with the mistake Klein still had a good game. I just think Bosa's game was significantly better.