DT2
RG1
QUESTIONABLE: 
FS1
FS2
CB2
RB1

TE1

If I am Buffalo, I come in the same way we did against SEA and dare them to try and keep up with half their starting D either out or injured this week. 

Nah, I'd use some balance. Feed Moss ....play action...nice mix.  Can't sling it every game.

Just jumped into this thread on page 30, forgive if this has been discussed previously...

The Bills were pretty successful containing Lamar Jackson's running ability last year when we played.  We will face the same challenge Sunday against Kyler Murray.  The problem is that we are missing players that were instrumental in limiting Jackson last year.  We are without Milano and Zo Alexander who combined for 15 tackles in that game and helped provide effective edge containment against Jackson.

I'm not sure we have anyone on our roster with the mobility to do what Zo and Milano did last year.  Frazier and McDermott are going to have to figure something else out, I don't think they can recycle that Raven's game plan this weekend because we simply don't have the personnel to execute it.

29 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Just jumped into this thread on page 30, forgive if this has been discussed previously...

The Bills were pretty successful containing Lamar Jackson's running ability last year when we played.  We will face the same challenge Sunday against Kyler Murray.  The problem is that we are missing players that were instrumental in limiting Jackson last year.  We are without Milano and Zo Alexander who combined for 15 tackles in that game and helped provide effective edge containment against Jackson.

I'm not sure we have anyone on our roster with the mobility to do what Zo and Milano did last year.  Frazier and McDermott are going to have to figure something else out, I don't think they can recycle that Raven's game plan this weekend because we simply don't have the personnel to execute it.

I think they are very different offenses. Ravens play option with multiple TEs. Cards spread you out with WR and play air raid. 

• Like (+1) 2

I actually expect to be pretty frustrated this game with our ability to contain Murray and their running game. Expect a heavy does of RPO's of every flavor.

As in the Seahawks game I think TOP and turnovers will be the key. I am not anticipating a low-scoring affair. Our defense, although they play hard and were opportunistic last week, still has a lot of holes and the bounces and bad passes do not always go your way.

The most frustrating thing about this year is the offense is clicking, but the defense leaves every game in doubt.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

I honestly don’t know what AZ’s predominant coverage schemes are, but if they DO play man as was posited in the post I responded to initially, then we will shred it. 

If they even try it they won't stay in it for more than 2-3 series.

I thought it was gut-bustingly hysterical during the first month of the season watching teams start games in man schemes and then utterly abandon even any pretense of it in the middle of the first qrtr. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I actually expect to be pretty frustrated this game with our ability to contain Murray and their running game. Expect a heavy does of RPO's of every flavor.

As in the Seahawks game I think TOP and turnovers will be the key. I am not anticipating a low-scoring affair. Our defense, although they play hard and were opportunistic last week, still has a lot of holes and the bounces and bad passes do not always go your way.

The most frustrating thing about this year is the offense is clicking, but the defense leaves every game in doubt.

I think we have decent personel for RPO. I like the sideline to sideline quickness here, our second level help, if only we can get the tackling under grips. What worries me is a more straight forward spread or open offense with a bruiser or beefy RB group that gashes us, teams like NO and KC. Though KC does some of that.

Lets be real about last week; some points in garbage time there. We played much better than the score indicated.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

If they even try it they won't stay in it for more than 2-3 series.

I thought it was gut-bustingly hysterical during the first month of the season watching teams start games in man schemes and then utterly abandon even any pretense of it in the middle of the first qrtr. :lol:

I think Miami set the record for fastest abandonment of man to man coverage after Diggs’s second wide open crosser in the first quarter. And nobody likes man coverage schemes more than Flores so you know it had to hurt to admit that. 

12 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I think we have decent personel for RPO. I like the sideline to sideline quickness here, our second level help, if only we can get the tackling under grips. What worries me is a more straight forward spread or open offense with a bruiser or beefy RB group that gashes us, teams like NO and KC. Though KC does some of that.

Lets be real about last week; some points in garbage time there. We played much better than the score indicated.

I hope they are more solid...this team is hard on the ol' ticker.

30 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

With our weather forecast for Sunday it wouldn't allow either QB to show their skills!

Afternoon °F   11/15

52°   Real Feel® 37° 

Showers

Wind: SSW at 35 mph

Wind Gusts: 67 mph

Humidity: 68%

We're going to have to learn to embrace the elements eventually.  The top teams in the AFC along with our division all play outside and we're not getting a dome anytime soon.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

The cards play a 3-4.  Phillips and Fotu are DEs.   Their starting NT, Corey Peters is playing.  Their backup DEs are are 290 and 315 LBs.  They traded for Markus golden, so they have him and Reddick to provide pass rush.  While the DL is hampered, (more so with the loss of Chandler Jones), they still have some big bodies to stuff the run.  

Right, and in addition to meeting 2 starting DL, the secondary is weak. I think we should run the ball more than twice in a half for sure. But conceptually, it looks like their D might have a tough time slowing us down, so many not take advantage of it. 

4 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

This is shocking. I've never heard of such weather in a dome. 

When your avatar name has "punt" in it too.... 😂 - we've all fumbled a few posts, but you have to appreciate the irony.

Wanna get away? - Imgflip

Edited by WideNine

11 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Someone said it up thread.  But you let Mckenzie scramble and then barkley through from somewhere else.  Its not a mckenzie or barkley in.  Mckenzie always takes teh shotgun snap and then let Barkley rip.  Its probably a bit weird but I think it would be pretty effective.

McKenzie has several videos of him throwing passes (not at Bills practice, looks like a HS field somewhere with palm trees, maybe helping some friends or relatives practice routes), up on his Instagram story at present.

His Insta username is zee_thoven and you have to follow him, it's in his story.   I'm no expert in QB nuances, but looks like he has decent footwork, a nice rotational throwing motion and can throw different routes with anticipation.  He doesn't have a cannon, but neither does Barkley.

I don't know how to capture video off Instagram and repost it here for you all to judge

Anyway, based on that, I wouldn't assume that Barkley did all the throwing.

Like that video clip of Dion Dawkins lining up at WR and juking McKensie out of his shorts to make some neat grabs, it's a reminder that all of these guys in the NFL are incredible athletes who were likely multi-sport standouts in HS and could have played multiple sports at the college level.

• Like (+1) 3