Week 10: Bills at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I would not have pegged Matt Barkley as the guy...

I figured McKittrick ran around with Barkley on his shoulders

• Haha (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

He throws it, and McKenzie runs around.

What kind of authentic look is that?! 

"Alright, fellas, try not to be duped here. ... but if #5 is the quarterback, it MIGHT be a pass."

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I figured McKittrick ran around with Barkley on his shoulders

I like it. 

The Bills defense is due for a big forced fumble on one of the Murray runs. If I'm McD and Fraiser, I am PREACHING to the DL and LBs pursuit. Dude hangs the ball at his hip as he runs.

Just looked it up. Actually, I'm quite surprised he's only fumbled 4 times this year, and only lost two of them. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MurrKy00.htm

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

remember when firsts like this probably used to happen all the time but because data capture access and analysis was so immature no one knew any better? 

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Completely unfair to RayRay who has far better hair than Lamar 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

7 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

What kind of authentic look is that?! 

"Alright, fellas, try not to be duped here. ... but if #5 is the quarterback, it MIGHT be a pass."

I like it. 

The Bills defense is due for a big forced fumble on one of the Murray runs. If I'm McD and Fraiser, I am PREACHING to the DL and LBs pursuit. Dude hangs the ball at his hip as he runs.

Just looked it up. Actually, I'm quite surprised he's only fumbled 4 times this year, and only lost two of them. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MurrKy00.htm

Someone said it up thread.  But you let Mckenzie scramble and then barkley through from somewhere else.  Its not a mckenzie or barkley in.  Mckenzie always takes teh shotgun snap and then let Barkley rip.  Its probably a bit weird but I think it would be pretty effective.

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Someone said it up thread.  But you let Mckenzie scramble and then barkley through from somewhere else.  Its not a mckenzie or barkley in.  Mckenzie always takes teh shotgun snap and then let Barkley rip.  Its probably a bit weird but I think it would be pretty effective.

Got it, thanks. It is weird.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

It's crazy how Hyde playing or not playing has zero effect on this defense.  In a cost cutting year next season, see ya.  This year it has become very apparent Poyer is the safety that carries that duo.

I disagree entirely.

Hyde is excellent.

Del'Shawn Phillips out again, a week after being activated from IR and playing seven (7) ST snaps against the SeaSnakes last week

So far this year, he's played a total of 14 snaps on ST in 2 games (Week 1 and Week 9). 

They must like his potential, and I'll give him and the training staff props that we're like Boarding House Peanut Butter at the LB position so appreciate being aggressive in getting a guy ready to play/a guy really wanting to play and pushing to come back.

But at some point it would be surely better to IR him and poach a healthy LB off another team's practice squad.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

It's crazy how Hyde playing or not playing has zero effect on this defense.  In a cost cutting year next season, see ya.  This year it has become very apparent Poyer is the safety that carries that duo.

How do you come to this conclusion? He’s missed one game and it was against an offense that  had no threat of a passing attack. He will be greatly missed if he’s not out there on Sunday against this type of offense. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Wasn’t Dodson put on IR right before the Jet game? Wouldn’t he be able to come back this week? Unless they didn’t get that IR designation early enough for the Jet game to count?

Yes, Dodson completed 3 games last Sunday and was eligible to come back this week.  Evidently they don't think he's quite ready.

I *think* I heard he was working on the sidelines? 

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The thing that gives me the most hope for offensive success is that Arizona plays mostly man coverage and doesn’t rush the passer very well.

I don't know about their pass rush, but thought I read somewhere they're about a 50/50 man/zone split.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

If AZ plays a predominantly man scheme, they have no chance of stopping this offense. Allen and Co. have shredded any team that’s tried it this year. You can’t turn your back on Allen, it’s that simple. I think AZ plays more of what we’ve seen since the Titans game. 

I don't think it's true that they play a predominantly man scheme.  But even in zone, if they don't manage to confuse him or apply pressure, he is learning to stand in and pick them apart.