Vic Beasley will be cut...

Hebert19

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Klein hasn't hit anything other than air all year.

You bite your tongue, Herbert19! AJ Klein is a Saint! A non-tackling, big time whiffing, ex-Saint! 

I'm sure Klein fits the personality profile they like, team player, selfless guy, good leader, etc. But yikes on bikes the guy is gonna give his coaches a coronary if he keeps schlubbin' it up out there. 

He could be a good fit. He didn't fit in Tennessee because in Atlanta he was in a 4-3 like us in Tennessee he was in a 3-4 which he didn't fit. I remember him leading the league in sacks in Atlanta when Dwight Freeney was there mentoring him. Maybe he can come here to something familiar to him and take off again.

9 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Me > Klein so surely Beasley > Klein. 

Better isn't the only thing that's part of the equation. There's expense, there's scheme fit, there's position fit, there's culture fit, and more.

His last contract was $9.5 mill for a year and he drastically underperformed. He still could easily get a contract that might be too high. So if they feel that scheme fit, position fit and culture fit (for a guy who didn't show up to camp till ten days late without any clear reason) all work, there will still be financial issue. My bet is that this is unlikely. We'll see.

And you're not better than Klein, dude, and I say that without knowing you. Not that I don't want a replacement for Klein out there. I do. But not if it's you. More, I"m not saying that as an insult to you. I don't want me out there either. 

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Yes.  He is.  But could play the Zo role.  Same type of player.  Decent against run on early downs and rush passes on 3rd 

No he is not. Think of Maybin, Beasley is a one trick pony. Beasley might be the exact opposite of a process guy. No way, no how does he end up on the Bills.

10 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Klein hasn't hit anything other than air all year. 

He always seems like he is right there to make the play so he has good football sense.

Its just that he is a half second or 1yd short of being able to complete the tackle.

maybe he could drop a little weight and be more effective?

At  6-1 I think 230-235 would be ideal for him right now he is listed at 240lbs he could be more than that he looks thick.

16 minutes ago, Beerball said:

So, you're saying there's a chance?

I think his best chance would be on some contending teams PS at vet minimum like the Bucs for insurance.

14 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

So I'm not usually the guy that posts these and haven't seen him this year...but for a team that needs: 1. A LB and 2.  Defensive leadership could he be our answer to Zo for rest of year?

Vic Beasley? The same guy who went AWOL and didn't show up to camp on time after he signed as a FA in the offseason? You want to look to that guy for leadership? No thanks. He's only had one really good year and that was in 2016 with 15.5 sacks. Last year he had 8. He's another lightweight DE, not a LB. 

Edited by H2o

46 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Take a look at his snap count.  Pretty low.  

His last game he was very highly rated based on his snaps.  

This is based on your hate of Klein....I get it tho - I am not a fan at all of Klein.....just don't see an unhappy unmotivated player helping the Bills at all just for the sake of doing it.......someone will get suckered by him....hopefully not the Bills.

1 minute ago, Process said:

Cut from one of the worst defenses in the league ..

I hate reading stuff like this because it's so lazy.  Yes! Of course he was cut from one of the worst defenses in the league.  All the defensive players cut at this time are part of bad defenses.  That could be attributed to a million different things.  That doesn't necessarily mean that these players cannot help our organization.  We aren't exactly great on defense.

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn’t count on him for any kind of leadership but I’m not sure that’s really needed as much as a healthy, athletic, fast defender in the front 7. If he’s not asking for a ton of $ I would take a look with all of our injuries. Could be a help down the stretch this season. If he doesn’t work out, cut him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3