Slate Magazine says "The Patriots' Demise Should Have Been Funnier"

Dr. K

The game Sunday all depends on which Cam Newton shows up.   Will he be the good Cam from weeks 1-3 who actually hit the open man.  Or will he be the Bad Cam of the last two weeks who is not seeing all the open receivers and when he does he either air mails it or puts it into the dirt 2 yards in front of him or when he does hit them puts it in a spot where they almost get killed?

i will say this if the Pats lose then Gilmore will be gone by Tuesday hopefully for a first round pick, and Cam will be benched for the rest of the year if not cut.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Charles Romes said:

Spent a first round pick on Harry who is the worst of all high drafted receivers in recent years and a second on Sanu now out of football a year later. Hard to recover from that level of mistakes. 

Yet with competent QB the Pats would be tied with Buffalo right now for first place.  I mean look at the 3 of the 4 losses.

KC — there were plays to be made and hell Hoyer left a minimum of 9 points on the table. Was a lot closer game than the final score showed. (D played well)

Denver — by far the worst of the three. Cam refused or didn’t see wide open receivers all day and took sacks or threw balls so badly Denver had a better chance to catch them. (D only gave up 18)

San Fran — the D looked bad to, but again Cam sucked and missed open receivers and left points on the board.

the 4th loss was a great game and I wasn’t upset by it.. these three shows that with BB all we needed was AVERAGE QB play and we win. 

Eh.  I'm enjoying the Patriots demise.

The only thing missing is that Tom Brady isn't involved.

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yet with competent QB the Pats would be tied with Buffalo right now for first place.  I mean look at the 3 of the 4 losses.

KC — there were plays to be made and hell Hoyer left a minimum of 9 points on the table. Was a lot closer game than the final score showed. (D played well)

Denver — by far the worst of the three. Cam refused or didn’t see wide open receivers all day and took sacks or threw balls so badly Denver had a better chance to catch them. (D only gave up 18)

San Fran — the D looked bad to, but again Cam sucked and missed open receivers and left points on the board.

the 4th loss was a great game and I wasn’t upset by it.. these three shows that with BB all we needed was AVERAGE QB play and we win. 

But they DON'T have competent QB play.

How many teams could make the claim... "We would have done fine, if only our QB didn't suck."

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Eh.  I'm enjoying the Patriots demise.

The only thing missing is that Tom Brady isn't involved.

But they DON'T have competent QB play.

How many teams could make the claim... "We would have done fine, if only our QB didn't suck."

Why I have stated many times I rather have started Stidham all year.  If he sucks we get a high draft pick and I trust BB when picking a high draft QB.  If he is average, we win the AFC East again (Pats D is still the best in the division).  

I have also stated MANY times that when my Pats time ended I hoped the Bills were the ones to claim the mantel after their demise.  I have 20 years to look back and enjoy while waiting for our next QB lol 

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yes Pats fan even average competent QB play is tough to come by.  The 16th best QB in the league will cost you 30M if he’s a vet and you are lucky enough to find one.  Good luck. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah I mean with all the opt outs and them actually being bad this year they might have some good draft picks.

Opt Outs Return

Draft Picks

Free Agency

for as bad as they looked against 49ers...

they are what?  2-3 plays away from 4-2?  Cams goal line run against Seattle and the final play against Denver.

But that is just the nature of Football.  You are what your record says (usually)

However, when it is just 2-3 plays that sometimes is the difference between 7-9 and 10-6.

You can get better or worse real quick.

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The problem is still the same with the Patriots though.

They’ve let their skill positions fall apart the past two seasons.

They’ve never drafted WRs well under Belichick and haven’t had to as their constant contender status kept the FAs flowing to them.

But now it’s dire. Edelman is the #1, NE passed on DK Metcalf for Harry, and the rest are replacement level players.

In the end, it might take a Herbert level playmaker to lift this offense. 

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Why I have stated many times I rather have started Stidham all year.  If he sucks we get a high draft pick and I trust BB when picking a high draft QB.  If he is average, we win the AFC East again (Pats D is still the best in the division).  

I have also stated MANY times that when my Pats time ended I hoped the Bills were the ones to claim the mantel after their demise.  I have 20 years to look back and enjoy while waiting for our next QB lol 

Your delusional.  It has been a good run for you guys but the Pats reign of terror in the AFC East is over.  They said on ESPN yesterday Brady saw the writing on the wall and that is why he had no intention of resigning with the Pats.  They are a bad football team.  With that being said I wouldn't be shocked if they beat us Sunday.

Why do you have trust in BB when picking a high draft pick on a QB?  What history gives you confidence in that?  

Belichick relishes beating the Bills. He get's his jollies doing it. On his last trip to Orchard Park he was reported to be crunk (energized) on the flight back to New England.

You can bet he's pouring his heart and soul into game prep this week. He's probably greatly relieved to be facing a Red Zone challenged team with suspect defense.

I don't  buy that the demise of the Patriots is before our eyes.