Expect trades this week

BillsMafi$

11 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

I don’t see the Jets moving Darnold in season. Wait until the draft order is setup, than pull a trade when you know where you’re sitting, he could be a huge part of moving to #1 if you’re not in that spot come April.

Agreed.  Darnold is not going anywhere.  While Darnold hasn't played very well, he also has had a coaching staff that hasn't supported him well.  The decision to keep Darnold or trade him will be on the next HC of the Jets

5 hours ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

You said originally that we have enough talent and that Beane doesn't owe fans anything. Don't delude yourself with the defense played against the woeful Jets, who are trying to lose to get Lawrence. The Bills looked clueless against LA, Tenn and KC defensively. Our defense was elite last year. We need a spark. I wouldn't disparage conversational walls. They have a place in society. 

Our  defense "was elite last year" ----->   Do check the teams and QBs that we played last year.     Our defense is middle of the pack that protects the end zone. 

Last year the QBs we faced were :  Brady, Fitz, Darnold,  Mayfield, Duck, Lamar,  Dalton,  Mariota, Allen,  Haskins,  Wentz,  Prescot,  Jones.

This years QB faced:   Darnold,  Fitz,  Goff,  Mahomes,  Tannehill,  Carr

Goff, Mahomes, and Tannehill are playing at  MVP level and  Carr has had a very good season.   Event Fitz this year started with multiple 300 yard games.  

Competition is different and we are getting exposed,   Even last year, the Houston Texans exposed this defense in the playoffs.

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

Our  defense "was elite last year" ----->   Do check the teams and QBs that we played last year.     Our defense is middle of the pack that protects the end zone. 

Last year the QBs we faced were :  Brady, Fitz, Darnold,  Mayfield, Duck, Lamar,  Dalton,  Mariota, Allen,  Haskins,  Wentz,  Prescot,  Jones.

This years QB faced:   Darnold,  Fitz,  Goff,  Mahomes,  Tannehill,  Carr

Goff, Mahomes, and Tannehill are playing at  MVP level and  Carr has had a very good season.   Event Fitz this year started with multiple 300 yard games.  

Competition is different and we are getting exposed,   Even last year, the Houston Texans exposed this defense in th

Statistically we were far better against the run and pass. My argument is with the defensive acquisitions, the money spent, and the lack of production. If we're building a product, getting pushed around and having to rely on winning shootouts is not the way.

9 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Do a lot of squats and hamstring curls, make sure you give your major muscle groups 24-48 hours to recover before you work them again. 

I’ll add barbell hip thrusts—nothing isolates the glutes (or makes other people at the gym chuckle) quite like ‘em!

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Greg S said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Dallas calls the Jets about Darnold. Yes the Cowboys suck but that whole division sucks. Didn't Dalton get hurt yesterday. The Jets look like they are ready to move on from Darnold as they are looking at Trevor Lawrence for the future.

I don’t know why but I see Darnold being a Colt 

4 hours ago, ColeB said:

Do you guys just ignore what McDermott and Frazier say when they state Edmunds is theit MLB for the long term?

coaches have never been known to lie to attempt to boost the morale of a player?  Also, it's not ignoring, it's stating what I think should happen.  Edmunds has been terrible as a MLB, esp. this year.  

5 hours ago, ColeB said:

Do you guys just ignore what McDermott and Frazier say when they state Edmunds is theit MLB for the long term?

They also ignore that you don't really have a "MLB" when you play 85% of your downs with 2 LB's in the Buffalo defensive scheme.

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

https://nfltraderumors.co/report-jets-shopping-dl-quinnen-williams/

I'd be interested to hear what folks think of this? Especially some of the guys more in the know about players!

Ridiculous. There’s tanking and there’s dismantling. This is the latter. Why trade low-cost, high-end young talent? This team is going to be bad for a very long time, with or without Lawrence, if they continue to send their top talent elsewhere. Not that I want them to keep it, of course.

5 hours ago, ColeB said:

It's a puzzle to me as well.  People can second-guess them and their personnel evaluation and play armchair GM all they like, but the tea leaves are pretty clear to me from what McDermott and Frazier have said.

Fitz to the Cowboys makes a lot more sense than going after Darnold.

The Jets have scarred Darnold and I think he's on the way to flaming out, short of getting into a situation where he's backing up a vet that knows what he's doing and can impart some of his experience onto him.  I also suspect the asking price for Darnold will be higher than Fitz, and assuming Dak actually makes it back, Dallas only needs a rental QB.

Strangely, I like Fitz enough to make me slightly consider rooting for Dallas.  Never thought those words would come out of my mouth.

5 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

so will the bills do anything within 7 days?

Fitz to the Cowboys?

I think Miami is 100% counting on Fitz to be the firm veteran voice in their QB room and at Tua's side on gameday - the mentor we failed to provide for Allen until partway through the season. 

And because he's a good guy and not a prick, he'll put duct tape on his heart and do it.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Miami is 100% counting on Fitz to be the firm veteran voice in their QB room and at Tua's side on gameday - the mentor we failed to provide for Allen until partway through the season. 

And because he's a good guy and not a prick, he'll put duct tape on his heart and do it.

Like he was for us? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5927219

Y’all have some short memories.

Edited by benderbender
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ColeB said:

Where did McD say he was their long term solution? I know he said he had faith that Edmunds would figure out a way to get back on track, but I missed the part you are referencing.