Expect trades this week

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Let's go all in for realzies... Joey Bosa or JJ Watt, plus Ryan Kerrigan and Harrison Smith. Would also love Rudolph at TE for cheap. Also of course go hard at McCaffrey and Vander Esch:wub:

Alright, now it just seems like you're naming guys from posters you have on the wall. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sam Darnold has a touch of the annointed about him IMO - played for a competitive HS, 4 star recruit, multiple scholarship offers to multiple good programs,  awards, Rose Bowl.  He's always played for good programs with good talent I believe (I don't follow college football so could be wrong).

Those USC teams did have all kinds of talent, especially his first year as the starter. The 2nd year they were trying to replace some guys on the OL and you saw what he looked like under pressure. There have also been multiple reports about him being an arrogant son of a biscuit dating back to his days at USC. I think he could still be a quality starter if put in the right system and under a coaching staff that knew what the heck they were doing.  

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Owes it to the fan base - what a terrible sentiment. 

He owes it to the team to do what he can to win now AND ensure they can re-sign players and win in the future.

He does not owe the fan base anything.  His responsibility is to provide talent to the team and he has done that.  If he has an offer that makes sense and can help the team now and in the coming years - he will explore it and decide if it works.

The fan base wants immediate gratification and does not look long term or for what is good for the team and if they mess up - the fan base turns and blames others for doing something short sighted.  

I want a GM with a long term outlook to grow and nurture the team over the next 3-5-7 and 10 years to adjust to what is occurring and keep pushing forward.

Obviously you are a rational young fan that has not bled internally with this underachieving team. Finally our ownership group has assembled a tandem of coach and GM that has given desperate , long suffering and loyal 40 year fans a reason to believe, at the same time that the division has lost the GOAT. No, there is an urgency to making acquisitions, especially after taking a step back on defense after being dominant the previous 2 years. You be patient and look at long term big pictures,  not me anymore. 

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Dallas calls the Jets about Darnold. Yes the Cowboys suck but that whole division sucks. Didn't Dalton get hurt yesterday. The Jets look like they are ready to move on from Darnold as they are looking at Trevor Lawrence for the future.

I would call the Phins about Fitz or sign the wrong Josh from the Bucs practice squad.  

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I strongly disagree with this. First, Beane owes us nothing. We’re not even paying customers with no ticket sales lol. Even if we were teams owe nothing to fans. It’s their job and money on the line not ours. 

Second, the talent is there for the defense to be effective. It’s on the coaches to maximize these guys skill sets. It’s a puzzle and they’re putting it together. Moving Hughes to the other end spot so him and Addison are on the field together has begun to pay off in the pass rush. This New England game should tell a good story about the progress of the D. Beane is very limited on what moves he can make and ways to manipulate the cap here. This stud you seek will be extremely difficult to work into the cap situation. 

Stop making excuses, that's what executives do, move money around. The need for acquisitions is due to the defense being porous and not stopping good ,offenses, especially running teams(ie Tenn, KC , LA). The Beane signings have not been good so far and the reliance on Phillips, Milano, Wallace and Murphy have hurt us. The offense is good enough to make us competitive but this defense has to be better this season. Good GMs don't survive long term rebuilding projects because free agency changes the dynamic of teams. Fans have stayed loyal thru mind numbing incompetence in talent evaluation and coaching deficiencies. The GM must honor this loyalty and realize this is our opportunity. If fans want to support long, openended plans to fix things their doomed to mediocrity. I have had enough rationalizing the team is on the right track.

2 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Stop making excuses, that's what executives do, move money around. The need for acquisitions is due to the defense being porous and not stopping good ,offenses, especially running teams(ie Tenn, KC , LA). The Beane signings have not been good so far and the reliance on Phillips, Milano, Wallace and Murphy have hurt us. The offense is good enough to make us competitive but this defense has to be better this season. Good GMs don't survive long term rebuilding projects because free agency changes the dynamic of teams. Fans have stayed loyal thru mind numbing incompetence in talent evaluation and coaching deficiencies. The GM must honor this loyalty and realize this is our opportunity. If fans want to support long, openended plans to fix things their doomed to mediocrity. I have had enough rationalizing the team is on the right track.

So please enlighten us. You obviously are smart enough to know defenses do not get better during a season. 
What stud on defense are you trading for? Which elite talent you getting for under 3 million? 
You packaging Murphy in this trade to free up space? You got our 2nd round pick and Trent Murphy, who ya getting that magically fixes this defense and transforms it to elite status? 
It’s pretty easy to cry about what you want done and not offer any actual scenarios that would help your narrative. 
We have 3 million in cap. Can’t make many cuts to free any real money up. How many elite talents are available via trade? 

56 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

So please enlighten us. You obviously are smart enough to know defenses do not get better during a season. 
What stud on defense are you trading for? Which elite talent you getting for under 3 million? 
You packaging Murphy in this trade to free up space? You got our 2nd round pick and Trent Murphy, who ya getting that magically fixes this defense and transforms it to elite status? 
It’s pretty easy to cry about what you want done and not offer any actual scenarios that would help your narrative. 
We have 3 million in cap. Can’t make many cuts to free any real money up. How many elite talents are available via trade? 

So you're in favor of standing pat, great. The Giants give away a good lb, Golden for a 6th to the Cards. The Jets swap late round picks with the Bucs, who play better run defense than us,for Steve MaClendon, their run stuffing lineman. How about Dunlap? He could be had for a late rounder. If you want me to scour the waiver wire, forget it. I'm just a fan, that's Beane's job. Defenses that were good, and regress, sometimes need to bring in a guy who can be productive. This is what defines good GMs. In our situation, the back end has been weakened by Wallace and Norman also. With Tre ,playing injured don't you think we need depth? If you're satisfied with the way this team gives up pts and run yards, I can't convince you.

2 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

So you're in favor of standing pat, great. The Giants give away a good lb, Golden for a 6th to the Cards. The Jets swap late round picks with the Bucs, who play better run defense than us,for Steve MaClendon, their run stuffing lineman. How about Dunlap? He could be had for a late rounder. If you want me to scour the waiver wire, forget it. I'm just a fan, that's Beane's job. Defenses that were good, and regress, sometimes need to bring in a guy who can be productive. This is what defines good GMs. In our situation, the back end has been weakened by Wallace and Norman also. With Tre ,playing injured don't you think we need depth? If you're satisfied with the way this team gives up pts and run yards, I can't convince you.

Lol you don’t need to convince me. I never once said I’m happy as is or would be against a trade. Dunlap is an 8-10 million salaried player. Send them a 5th rounder sure. How do you get 8 million on the books when you only have 3 million to spend? You can’t just cut some of these guys even if they’re not producing because it does not free up cap room. Right? 

1 hour ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Obviously you are a rational young fan that has not bled internally with this underachieving team. Finally our ownership group has assembled a tandem of coach and GM that has given desperate , long suffering and loyal 40 year fans a reason to believe, at the same time that the division has lost the GOAT. No, there is an urgency to making acquisitions, especially after taking a step back on defense after being dominant the previous 2 years. You be patient and look at long term big pictures,  not me anymore. 

Yeah - I mean living through the 0 for the 70’s, the end of OJ, Joe Ferguson, the lovely 2-14 mid eighties- you’re right - I never bled - I never sat in the end zone during the 51-3 playoff game and cheered and cried with my fellow fans.  

Yes - we finally have a tandem coach and GM that has given us reason to believe, but they do not owe us a trade that costs us in the future.  They owe us to be rational and smart - to make deals so that we can enjoy the next 10 years and be relevant - rather than make that deal that will look great and then when we can’t re-sign Milano and the defense gets worse next year - we go back to perpetual 7-9.

I think they have looked at the big picture and will do what is the best interest of this team now and going forward and if that means no trades - so be it and if that means multiple trades great.  I want them to do what they feel is in the best long term interest of the team.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Owes it to the fan base - what a terrible sentiment. 

He owes it to the team to do what he can to win now AND ensure they can re-sign players and win in the future.

He does not owe the fan base anything.  His responsibility is to provide talent to the team and he has done that.  If he has an offer that makes sense and can help the team now and in the coming years - he will explore it and decide if it works.

The fan base wants immediate gratification and does not look long term or for what is good for the team and if they mess up - the fan base turns and blames others for doing something short sighted.  

I want a GM with a long term outlook to grow and nurture the team over the next 3-5-7 and 10 years to adjust to what is occurring and keep pushing forward.

Grow and nurture, what is this a plant? 3-5-7 years. It's fans like you that have sanctioned ineptitude and abject failure for 25 years. This is a time when teams have to win or coaches and GMs get fired. No owner will give coaches and GMs 3-5-7 year outlooks. The turnover year to year changes the team profoundly. Expect more for your loyalty. If the ownership thinks fans want growth and production, maybe we'll finally get a Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I have to admit I missed the origins of this "I have a crush on all the good white players in the NFL" schtick. 

I'm not sure how it started or what its deal is.

I love all players equally... but I have favorite players. I'm not required to want to sleep with every player equally FFS:cry:

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Alright, now it just seems like you're naming guys from posters you have on the wall. :lol:

On this charge I am severely guilty... My cave is plastered with these players fatheads but I have made an alteration.. all the helmets are Bills helmets:wub:

9 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Lol you don’t need to convince me. I never once said I’m happy as is or would be against a trade. Dunlap is an 8-10 million salaried player. Send them a 5th rounder sure. How do you get 8 million on the books when you only have 3 million to spend? You can’t just cut some of these guys even if they’re not producing because it does not free up cap room. Right? 

Dunlap has been benched and he doesn't command a lot. He got his signing bonus and he wants out. I don't know why you're against exploring possibilities for improvement. This defense doesn't stop anybody. Look at the yardage we've allowed. I know players on teams that have given up are available for late rounders.

5 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Dunlap has been benched and he doesn't command a lot. He got his signing bonus and he wants out. I don't know why you're against exploring possibilities for improvement. This defense doesn't stop anybody. Look at the yardage we've allowed. I know players on teams that have given up are available for late rounders.

I swear I’ve had better discussions with a wall. WHO IS AGAINST IT? Where did I ever say I was against it? I simply asked multiple times where do you get the cap space?