Expect trades this week

BillsMafi$

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I dont know, go look them up and per game stats dont matter except in yardage so take that out.  The % completion, td/int ratio and quarterback rating arent impacted.

Well you threw 5 stats out there. 2 of which aren’t impacted by per game stats and 3 of which are...that’s why I asked the question. 

You also left out Josh’s 631 yards rushing and 8 touchdowns there... we can add rushing to the mix because that’s a big part of his game. 

Darnold 230 Y/G, 3.6 INT%,  77.6 RATING, 57.7 COMP% and 16 total TD in 13 games. 

Allen 224 Y/G, 3.8 INT%, 68 RATING, 52 COMP% and 18 total TD in 11 games. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I dont know, go look them up and per game stats dont matter except in yardage so take that out.  The % completion, td/int ratio and quarterback rating arent impacted.

It’s a small sample size, so per game would matter. A few more TDs from Josh if he played another two games could dramatically swing his TD/INT ratio. Also, you left out that Allen ran for 600 more yards than Darnold and rushed for 7 more TDs. Output is output. 

16 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The Darnold to Cowboys makes a lot of sense and yeah i think a 2 would do it.  I assume Darnold  isn't experienced enough or has the qualities you want to instill in Trevor Lawrence.  Jets need Fitzpattick next year to mentor T Lawrence, that would be the ideal.

Actually, it makes no sense.  Dallas has a long term commitment to Dak Prescott.  The Cowboys are not going to trade for Darnold who has this year, next year & a possible 5th year option on his contract.  Obviously with their commitment to Dak, they wouldn't pick up the 5th year.  So why trade for a guy for the rest of this season who doesn't currently know your offense & then expect him to sit behind Dak next year.  The price would be a high draft choice.  Too much to pay on Dallas' end.  

As far as the Jets trading Darnold, they shouldn't trade Darnold in season and start Joe Flacco.  Flacco is done, period. They can tank for Trevor, but remember if he doesn't want to be a Jet he can stay in college-just like Peyton Manning chose to do when the Jets had the top pick in 1997 and Peyton stayed in school. The Jets have no choice but to keep playing Darnold & see what they have.  He either produces some wins & stays or he loses them all & they draft Lawrence IF he declares for the draft.  Until the Jets have clinched the #1 pick & Lawrence has declared for the draft, they shouldn't trade Darnold.  However, since we're talking the Jets they could be crazy enough to trade Darnold.  If they do, then it's because after seeing him in games & practice, management has determined he's a bust & they want to trade him now before he devalues himself by playing the rest of the season. 

If Darnold ends up being traded, it will be to a team that thinks he can be their starter, at least for 2021 and possibly well beyond that.  The profile of that team is a team that currently has a veteran QB whose last year with the team is 2020.  Most likely landing spots are Indianapolis, if they cut ties with Rivers, Pittsburgh if Roethlisberger wins the Super Bowl & rides off to the sunset like P. Manning & Elway did, or New England if Cam keeps sucking like he's done since his return.  If one of those teams wants him to sit this year & learn then that's the only way he's getting traded during this season.  The only possible in season trade I can imagine is a trade to Indy for Brissette & a draft choice.  

27 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I don’t see the Jets moving Darnold in season. Wait until the draft order is setup, than pull a trade when you know where you’re sitting, he could be a huge part of moving to #1 if you’re not in that spot come April.

Nobody is trading out of #1.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Dallas calls the Jets about Darnold. Yes the Cowboys suck but that whole division sucks. Didn't Dalton get hurt yesterday. The Jets look like they are ready to move on from Darnold as they are looking at Trevor Lawrence for the future.

Did Dak die?

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

What are the per game stats? Darnold started and played two more games than Josh their rookie years... 

As a passer, Darnold was slightly better his rookie season per game.  220 ypg vs 173 ypg; 4.1% TD/3.6% INT vs 3.1% TD/3.8% INT; 6.8% sacks for 6.8 yps vs 8% sacks for 7.6 yps. 

However, most these days seem to ack that QB rush contributions are important to consider.  When you factor in Allen's 52.6 ypg and 8 rush TDs, the comparison shifts.

I think the "take home" lesson regarding Josh Allen for stats geeks (of whom I count myself one) is that you can't just look at a QB's numbers (passing or rushing) to assess his contribution to the team's wins.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Well you threw 5 stats out there. 2 of which aren’t impacted by per game stats and 3 of which are...that’s why I asked the question. 

You also left out Josh’s 631 yards rushing and 8 touchdowns there... we can add rushing to the mix because that’s a big part of his game. 

Darnold 230 Y/G, 3.6 INT%,  77.6 RATING, 57.7 COMP% and 16 total TD in 13 games. 

Allen 224 Y/G, 3.8 INT%, 68 RATING, 52 COMP% and 18 total TD in 11 games. 

Look I for one am not debating the merits of Darnold versus Allen, I am a big Allen fan.  The point of topic was Darnold given the same opportunity as Allen I stand by my belief he was not, Darnold was almost set up for failure, certainly this year.  Allen is set up for success.

And no i didnt include rushing yards, i also didnt include fumbles which is a real problem for Allen.

I included TDs and Ints so people could see the raw numbers, fine go ahead and use TD/INT ratio.  Allen had more ints than TDs, Darnolds had more TDs than INTs.

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Actually, it makes no sense.  Dallas has a long term commitment to Dak Prescott.  The Cowboys are not going to trade for Darnold who has this year, next year & a possible 5th year option on his contract.  Obviously with their commitment to Dak, they wouldn't pick up the 5th year.  So why trade for a guy for the rest of this season who doesn't currently know your offense & then expect him to sit behind Dak next year.  The price would be a high draft choice.  Too much to pay on Dallas' end.  

As far as the Jets trading Darnold, they shouldn't trade Darnold in season and start Joe Flacco.  Flacco is done, period. They can tank for Trevor, but remember if he doesn't want to be a Jet he can stay in college-just like Peyton Manning chose to do when the Jets had the top pick in 1997 and Peyton stayed in school. The Jets have no choice but to keep playing Darnold & see what they have.  He either produces some wins & stays or he loses them all & they draft Lawrence IF he declares for the draft.  Until the Jets have clinched the #1 pick & Lawrence has declared for the draft, they shouldn't trade Darnold.  However, since we're talking the Jets they could be crazy enough to trade Darnold.  If they do, then it's because after seeing him in games & practice, management has determined he's a bust & they want to trade him now before he devalues himself by playing the rest of the season. 

If Darnold ends up being traded, it will be to a team that thinks he can be their starter, at least for 2021 and possibly well beyond that.  The profile of that team is a team that currently has a veteran QB whose last year with the team is 2020.  Most likely landing spots are Indianapolis, if they cut ties with Rivers, Pittsburgh if Roethlisberger wins the Super Bowl & rides off to the sunset like P. Manning & Elway did, or New England if Cam keeps sucking like he's done since his return.  If one of those teams wants him to sit this year & learn then that's the only way he's getting traded during this season.  The only possible in season trade I can imagine is a trade to Indy for Brissette & a draft choice.  

Nobody is trading out of #1.

Really Dallas has a long term commitment to Dak?  Funny i missed the contract extension announcement.  Sorry, say what you want but Dak is potentially damaged goods.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As a passer, Darnold was slightly better his rookie season per game.  220 ypg vs 173 ypg; 4.1% TD/3.6% INT vs 3.1% TD/3.8% INT; 6.8% sacks for 6.8 yps vs 8% sacks for 7.6 yps. 

However, most these days seem to ack that QB rush contributions are important to consider.  When you factor in Allen's 52.6 ypg and 8 rush TDs, the comparison shifts.

I think the "take home" lesson regarding Josh Allen for stats geeks (of whom I count myself one) is that you can't just look at a QB's numbers (passing or rushing) to assess his contribution to the team's wins.

If your team has a RB then the running stats get skewed. Allen has so many TD's because the Bills give it to him more than the RB's down at the goal line. That is not to say a running QB does not have value. But it needs to be used wisely like the Hawks with Wilson. Allen's running stats were in big part due to his deficienciescinces as a passer his first two years. 

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Really Dallas has a long term commitment to Dak?  Funny i missed the contract extension announcement.  Sorry, say what you want but Dak is potentially damaged goods.

Jones has already stated he is committed to Dak long term.  This isn't the 1980s where guys don't come back from injuries.  

The biggest knock against Darnold  has been that he gets shaken up really badly and can’t handle the blitz. If this were 2017 and the offensive line that Dallas had that year was in place, he could play in Dallas. This year’s Cowboys offensive line is straight up offensive and would get Darnold killed. He would be a terrible choice for them and, if his career isn’t already dead, that team would destroy any hope he has of being a starting NFL QB. The cowboys are better off tanking this year and trying to build with better draft picks, though Jerrah is too stubborn to do that.

The Bills are actively pursuing defensive of help especially up front and in the middle.  McDermott knows if they make the playoffs they will be one and done.  I am hearing lots of rumors coming out of Washington and a team out west.  Won’t be surprised if they bring in a running back as well.  Looking at a big body.   We know Beane can be aggressive but he doesn’t want to mortgage the future.  He believes we are a few years and players away from a true super bowl run.  I am expecting big things this week.  I guess we will see who has the real power at 1 bills drive 

16 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Are you the new Dunkirk Don?

??

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

If your team has a RB then the running stats get skewed. Allen has so many TD's because the Bills give it to him more than the RB's down at the goal line. That is not to say a running QB does not have value. But it needs to be used wisely like the Hawks with Wilson. Allen's running stats were in big part due to his deficienciescinces as a passer his first two years. 

His what?!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, mannc said:

Why would the Cowboys do that?  So they can get to 5-11 or 6-10?  Do you think making the playoffs with a losing record and getting trounced in the first round is something Jerry Jones will mortgage the future for?  

Yes. Does winning the division still mean a guaranteed home playoff game at the Jerruh-dome. $$$$$$$$$$

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

Jones has already stated he is committed to Dak long term.  This isn't the 1980s where guys don't come back from injuries.  

Yeah and I trust everything Jones says, owners would never lie, especially about the future of marque players after horrific injuries.  .  He has been jerking around Dak for far too long already.

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The biggest knock against Darnold  has been that he gets shaken up really badly and can’t handle the blitz. If this were 2017 and the offensive line that Dallas had that year was in place, he could play in Dallas. This year’s Cowboys offensive line is straight up offensive and would get Darnold killed. He would be a terrible choice for them and, if his career isn’t already dead, that team would destroy any hope he has of being a starting NFL QB. The cowboys are better off tanking this year and trying to build with better draft picks, though Jerrah is too stubborn to do that.

Actually that is a good point.  At his stage if you are Dallas it will be years for them to fix that team. You have expensive superstars, a terrible O Line, a superstar RB that fumbles too much, a severely injure unsigned QB, and  possibly the worst defnece in the NFL.